[2.0] Lightning Monster (crit ARC / lowlife without Shavs or Solaris / Call of Brotherhood)

Hello everyone and welcome to my low life Arc witch. It is a very strong and enjoyable build for the cost of about 4-5 exalts. Here is a short list of keyfacts:

"
lowlife without Shavs or Solaris / max chaos res / Mind over Matters / 4 Auras + 2 Heralds / dual curse / shocking & freezing everything with Arc / enemys are unlucky when damaging you / 100 mf / high es / Call of the Brotherhood & Prism Guardian

Videos
Spoiler
lvl 74 wasted pool map + desecrated ground
https://youtu.be/T_CXFVusAnM
more videos coming soon!

Concept

This is a guide to achieve the lowlife status without using Shavronne's Wrappings or Solaris Lorica. To achieve the lowlife status I focus on capping the chaos resistant, get a high amount of energyshield and use Mind over Matters keystone for reducing the chaos damage taken. The benefits for using lowlife are:

- 30% more spelldamage (Pain Attuenement)
- Stacking more auras (Wrath, Discipline, HoT, HoI, Purity of Lightning, Clarity)
- Using uniqs with the lowlife stat (Lori’s Latern: On low life, enemys are unlucky when damaging you; Wondertrap: 100% magic find on low life)

Furthermore I use the new Ring “Call of the Brotherhood”, which converts 50% of lightning damage into cold damage and give your spells 100% chance to shock frozen enemies. This means, you will freeze and shock the enemies by using only one lightning skill! That’s also the reason for going crit, because you want to get sure to freeze the enemy and thereby shocking it. Arc only got a base crit chance of 5%, but I got ~40% crit chance with this character and that is enough to freeze and shock everything. I choosed to use Arc, because I really like the spell and by freezing enemys you can benefit from the new supportgem “Hypothermia” (35%-40% more damage to chilled enemys). Before 2.0, there were not many options of supporting Arc, because it doesn’t have tags like “Projectile” or “AoE” so going crit and using “Hypothermia” is a good way to scale the damage of Arc up. Elemental reflect is no problem, thanks to Purity of Lightning. For rare mobs and bosses I use a 4l Vaal Stormcall and for very nasty mapbosses a 4l Flametotem comes into use. Herald of Thunder is linked to curse on hit with Assasins Mark (good for supporting crits, power charge generation, life and mana on kill is good for nasty chaos damage mobs) and Elemental Weakness (because you do 50% lightning + 50% colddamage with Arc and your Flametotem also benefits).

Gear & Links
Spoiler

Prism Guardian is the only expensive item, but it is worth every ex (payed 3ex for it). You should sockel Wrath, Purity of Lightning and Discipline into it.

I use Loris Latern escpescially for the very powerfull stat "On low life, enemys are unlucky when damaging you" (unlucky: "If a roll is unlucky, it will be rolled twice and the lower value will be chosen" http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lucky). By using this, you will mitigate the dangerouse big physical cirt hits many times, which would otherwise kill you in the endgame.
I mentioned why I use Call of the Brotherhood in the concept part of this guide.

I will probably substitut my rare belt for a lightningdmg Doryani's Invitation http://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Doryani%27s+Invitation

For doing mid tier maps (+- lvl 75) I still use wondertrap for 100% increased mf. For higher maps, I would switch to high es + movmentspeed boots.

For a weapon I choosed something with crit, spelldamage and flat lightningdamage added to spells. Generally you want to increased your lightningdamage, because thereby you also increased your colddamge (50% of lightningdmg converted to cold). If you scale colddamge, you loose 50% of your damage! So dont do it!

At the moment I use this rare high es chaos res item. But I would love to use The Vertex (http://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=The+Vertex) and sockel my Arc gem into it, 50% reduced mana cost for Arc is nice and the +1 level brings your Arc to lvl 21 which gives you 6 chains... but they are still to expensive for me:(

On the remaining items, I focused on rares for maxing chaos, all other resistance and for high es rolls. Here you can spend alot of currency for high es, chaos, allres items.

Skilltree

Bandits
Spoiler
normal: skillpoint
cruel: skillpoint
merciless: Powercharge

Closing words
Thanks for reading my guide! If some people are interessted in my build, I can give more detailed informations.

Norec

Last edited by Norec on Aug 11, 2015, 10:28:56 AM
I try to record a video tonight and load it up!
Last edited by Norec on Aug 4, 2015, 3:26:28 AM
Nice looking build ^.^ i was considering making an arc build but now i think i will as son as i get some gear together.

I do have a couple questions though, what is your unreserved life?
how do you deal with chaos damage in high level maps,like a room full of ancient constructs or spider boss? can you really mitigate all that damage with MoM and max resist?

Anyway the build looks good,i cant wait to see the video!
Last edited by boogboi on Aug 4, 2015, 4:53:00 AM
"
boogboi wrote:
Nice looking build ^.^ i was considering making an arc build but now i think i will as son as i get some gear together.

I do have a couple questions though, what is your unreserved life?
how do you deal with chaos damage in high level maps,like a room full of ancient constructs or spider boss? can you really mitigate all that damage with MoM and max resist?

Anyway the build looks good,i cant wait to see the video!

thanks for your interesst! I will try to upload another video where I stand in desecrated ground in a mid tier map for showing, that you dont take much damage and that around 500 life are enough with Mind over Matters to sustain it. I think GGG set the amount of chaos damage gernerally low, cause many players are have negative chaos resistance when they are mapping...

first video added:

Videos
Spoiler
lvl 74 wasted pool map + desecrated ground https://youtu.be/T_CXFVusAnM
Hi, plz some screenshots from your character offense/defense stats please. Really like this build, gonna try it right away.
yeah I will add the screenshots as soons as I m back from work :)
Misleading title.

I have always praised low life builds how did pull it off without shavs. But in this case I believe this build and guide should be best put to use to mf up to the early 70's maps, at most.

There is no form on physical mitigation whatsoever, in fact there no insight on defensive stats at all except purity of lightning to deal with reflect.

- No AA
- Flask aren't shown, we assume no rumi's/taste of hate
- No leech
- No enduring charges
- No CwDT setup
- ES only oriented gear

Extremely low effort, call of the brotherhood is your only defensive Variant, but with low crit, expect to freeze anything but white packs of mobs with 0 cold resistance.

Offensively there's alot to say too, but let's leave that to another day.

Cheers
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
"
Ntk wrote:
Misleading title.

I have always praised low life builds how did pull it off without shavs. But in this case I believe this build and guide should be best put to use to mf up to the early 70's maps, at most.

There is no form on physical mitigation whatsoever, in fact there no insight on defensive stats at all except purity of lightning to deal with reflect.

- No AA
- Flask aren't shown, we assume no rumi's/taste of hate
- No leech
- No enduring charges
- No CwDT setup
- ES only oriented gear

Extremely low effort, call of the brotherhood is your only defensive Variant, but with low crit, expect to freeze anything but white packs of mobs with 0 cold resistance.

Offensively there's alot to say too, but let's leave that to another day.

Cheers

First of all, thanks for your reply. This build/guide is to show you how I managed a way to progress into mid-highmaps in the new league with lowlife with a budget setup. I never said, that it is the new cookiecutter build and neither that the build is 100% complet. There are many things I want to test during the progress into highmaps.
Now I will comment your points:

I dont know why you think the titel is missleading... I've done lvl 76-77 maps very fast without any deaths with wandertrap(100mf)and will progress to higher maps when I can sustain my highermap pool. Therefor I will wear high es boots to reach ~8k es. My rare es gear and jewels are not very good and many things can be optimized to probably reach 9-10k es.

In my opinion a lowlife caster should stack es as main defense, so you cant stack armor or evasion for mitigation. THIS is an lowlife caster es build and I can tell you, that I dont have any defenseproblems. I used Arctic Armor for some tests, but I decided to use other auras. In terms of defensive auras I use Discipline and Purity of Lightning.

I forgot to post my flask setup. I will do it as soon as I m @ home

I dont have any leech right now, I also tested to substitute Assasins Mark with Warlords Mark and skilled into ghostreaver. But I felt that I dont need the leech and endurancecharges at the moment. If you like to play more defensiv orientated, just use Warlords Mark and/or craft a leech mod on your weapon.
Maybe I will try to use Doryani's Invitation belt with lightningmods to gain more leech and some flat armorstats.

There is no cwdt setup right now. I m not sure if I should kick out my Vaal Stormcall or my Firetotemsetup for it. I dont feel that in 2.0 the cwdt setup is super strong as it was before 2.0 but if I really want to improve my defense, this is another possibilty.

I will record more videos where I m doing higher maps just to break you're skepticism :)

cheers

Last edited by Norec on Aug 5, 2015, 8:04:38 AM
That's exactly what I meant when I wrote that objectively you can probably get away with doing mid tier maps ( 77-76), however the real high end (79-82) with these new map mods will absolutely shred you to pieces even if get 8k es as you are aiming, and rightfully so.

You will need layered DEFENSES. Bear in mind, everything I'm writing is no more than a heads up, insightful information. I'm not a skeptic, I've been there, done that, and still to this day I'm testing until I get the right setup to tackle all map mods while playing these ridiculous map affixes.

Perhaps my tone was aggressive but that's how I see things, Logicaly, no bull craps.

I've been playing crit Casters for far too long and I'm all in to help anyone who posts a guide.
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
Last edited by Ntk on Aug 5, 2015, 9:14:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info