Viper Strike

Forgot to mention one more .. There is no possibility of the Lich Life and Mana. A Bino Knife only works with the poison, but the Viper is not a poison. Viper Strike should be much more powerful Poison Arrow, as the latter can be improved, and it ranged combat, and not near that dangerous.

In order to deal AoE damage needs splash and multistrike that reduce the damage by half. And since we have to wait, and wait twice as long - it does not make sense ((

Viper have become a backing skill for all players.
Make dot damage does not depend on weapon damage.

The player must specialize in the strike viper.

With such a skill known as any player will swing weapon damage, and get good damage from the viper strikes and will ALWAYS use it on the boss.

Last edited by nameforgame on Aug 15, 2014, 6:42:09 AM
"
Viper have become a backing skill for all players.
Make dot damage does not depend on weapon damage.

The player must specialize in the strike viper.

With such a skill known as any player will swing weapon damage, and get good damage from the viper strikes and will ALWAYS use it on the boss.

It looks....different from the (tentative) patch notes Chris is finishing :

Viper Strike: This skill now adds 10% of physical damage as Chaos Damage and has a 50% chance to deal 175% of the attack's damage as chaos damage over seven seconds. The effect duration won't be refreshed by new attacks, but there is no limit to how many Viper Strike debuffs an enemy can have.

Patch note link : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/997660
It is obvious that these DoT abilities (such as viper strike, puncture, burning) have the greatest amount of dps if allowed to run their course. Of course the dps is backloaded meaning you have to wait until it charges up. It is a good ability if you have to run or not have uptime. If the goal is killing the fastest possible to stop dangerous enemies from damaging you, this isn't your best. I mean it would be if it were known that every mob would live a while. Certainly, this is good on bosses.

It is also good from a reflect standpoint, though it does provide less leechable damage.

Question: How does this work with a Bino's Kitchen Knife? Do all the dots on all targets get leeched (well not leeched per say, but....)?
Last edited by Zindax on Aug 19, 2014, 5:17:30 PM
"
Electrospine wrote:
It looks....different from the (tentative) patch notes Chris is finishing :
Viper Strike: This skill now adds 10% of physical damage as Chaos Damage and has a 50% chance to deal 175% of the attack's damage as chaos damage over seven seconds. The effect duration won't be refreshed by new attacks, but there is no limit to how many Viper Strike debuffs an enemy can have.

Barely. Patch notes version is 25% Hit Damage per second, and 10% Phys as Chaos Damage. Lower relative Damage, but bonus absolute Damage (of course based on Physical...).
This was the only melee attack that scaled based on gem level and I loved it. Plz GGG do not make it weapon dependent! This is just reinforcing the "Must have mirrored dagger" meta. I want to make a build that values OTHER mods besides phys damage and crit. Please?
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:
This was the only melee attack that scaled based on gem level and I loved it.

+

This skill is useless again.
I have to attack the target 7+ seconds to get 187,5% DPS.
Against regular mobs, it is simply useless. They will die much quicker seven seconds.(Double strike is even more preferable)
Bosses? If I can feysrolit boss 7+ seconds without going through the portal, and running back, so I do not care than to kill him)))

Nodes on the chaos and the dot - useless for this skill - more profitable to raise DPS weapons.

The only plus that can be - if the dot is considered a poison - then there will be builds on it. But they will require two high lvl uniques. And the skill will be useless))
guys... you can keep attacking to make the DoT stronger... aka you can auto attack with it to dps more than with nothing.
"
trav_dawg wrote:
This was the only melee attack that scaled based on gem level and I loved it.

If I understand it right, it will still be a good poor man's skill (unless you're unlucky, since even with 50% chance, it's a proc).

The DoT is based on the total initial hit, not only on the physical part (unlike Puncture). Pure physical might give the most damage, but any mixed weapon you find on the way can still work well. And all elemental/chaos damage from auras/gear/add damage supports contributes too.

removed
Last edited by minidrum07 on Aug 20, 2014, 9:39:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info