New Scion lines

I have been waiting for a while to see this adressed by the devs in the already existing thread on the subject, but since it seems to ave gone unanswered I thought I should bring it up again.

Since the launch of 2.0 I have been disapointed with the game, dut to the cahanges to the Scion 'smaltalk' when entering areas, lvling up and killing certain enemies.

The old Scion had had a very strong, likable and complex character in those lines. She was well developed, compassionate, determined, independant and strong, but at the same time sadend by her fate and the state of the world around her.
Examples of these lines would be: "building my nightmare, death by death" (lvl 10), and: "Curse you Brutus! Curse your symbols! and Curse your bloody-murderd empire! I would have listend! I would have understood!" (killing brutus)

She also felt just like hat she was supposed to be, raised as a noble barbie-doll, and resenting the role.
An example of this would be: "Trekking through the bowles of exile. A little unseemly for someone of my birth and stature, dont you think mother dearest?" (entering the flooded depths)

Combined with this her remarks really brought out the atmosphere of the world, and brough valuable insights into the lore, far more so than the 'smalltalk' of any of the other characters.

The new lines, by contrast, are a disapointment,

They are far fewer, and none of them have the depth, complexity or emotion of the old ones.

In fact, the new lines only really display one emotion, and that is bitterness directed at her former husband, and possibly men in general.

The old Scion by contrast was much more complex, capable of both hating the things she killed (without projecting her personal vendettas on them), while at the same time feeling sorry for them and to some degree understanding them.

She was in short a rather mature character, shaped but not broken by her experiences, and with just the right blend of being relief and wonder at discovering soem context and an explanation to where where the things than have haunted her all her life come from, and being fucking terrified at the implications and what is happeing to her, whereas the new one really is not.

As I said at the beginning I have not seen this adressed by the developers so far, and since the thing I (and Im guessing a lot of other fans who really seem to miss the old lines) was looking forward to with act 4 was to see the scion develop herself and the lore further, I feel that it would behove the developers to at least explain what happened to the most interesting character in the game.

(I read on another thread that the game is on some sort of temporary audio files, but Im not sure if that applies here, but I would really hope it does)

Best regards and thanks for a great game otherwise

/Akhorail
Last edited by Akhorail on Aug 3, 2015, 3:23:35 AM
P.S If the old lines are really gone for good, I would actually be willing to pay maybe a coupple of bucks, just to get them back......
I know right ? Scion voice acting got butchered in my opinion, maybe people didn't like that chattiness and stuff but actually... I liked it. It had some wonderful link to making her as necromancer seeing how she commented about "Grandaddy crab" or the daughters of Merveil and guess what... now it's all gone.

I also feel that's not only case with the Scion tho, I feel like it's kinda same with duelist new lines, but I guess it's more about the tone rather than the text.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info