Immortal Call

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jul 11, 2022, 7:57:45 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
So, I trust this skill is getting completely reworked. At max Endurance charges, I can pop off a 14 duration second invulnerability to physical damage.

Yeah, that's... no. Just no.

This skill is overpowered, need a cooldown or to be based on number of attacks.
0.9.5 feedback below this post

Ehh... this skill doesn't see much use from me, to be honest.

It lasts about 4.5 seconds, but after it ends, you're left with none or few Endurance charges (unless you used Enduring Cry) which makes tanking quite a bit harder, especially in the later areas of the game.

I haven't really seen anything in the game that would NEED me to be immortal to stand a chance against it, so, in my opinion, this skill is more gimmicky than practical.
I made a suggestion for immortal call where it applies a buff on the character (long duration) that negates hits (or even heals and/or gives damage return), and removes one endurance charge.

I think that's one good way of implementing this sort of skill. It could still be improved more than this, but it's far improved over the current immortal call.

The way it is now is complete garbage — it's so terrible — it's overpowered and tedious
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Just a suggestion. Could you have the passive "Buff Duration" apply to all of the skill or to the increase granted by the charges?

I ask this because I got 3 buff duration passives and it only added 0.1 seconds. With that small an increase it is not worth the 3 skill points.

Also could you clarify if it stacks with the support "Increased Duration"? I know I get an extra 0.2 seconds with the support and passives making a total of 0.4 but without the support I only have 0.3.

Does this mean that I only get an increase from the base or do I get 0.15 seconds and it just rounds down?
Last edited by Iusia on Jan 10, 2012, 9:34:42 AM
I've been using this skill a lot as part of a weirdo Discharge build, and one problem I've encountered is that the skill is too easy to cast twice in a row by accident (especially if there are latency issues), with the second cast (.5 second duration) overwriting the initial cast and often getting me killed.

Would it be too much to ask for a check when you're casting it to see if there's already an Immortal Call buff on you, and only overwriting it if the new duration would exceed the old duration?
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Ok here is why the spell is powerful IMO (as I discovered to my joy in Chaos!). With an increased duration gem, the shield lasts maybe 8-10 seconds if you have 5 endurance charges. So, if you are facing a hard boss in the middle of a big pack, just cast Immortal Call, then cast Enduring Cry to get your endurance stack to 5, attack boss and repeat.

The problem is you can cast Enduring Cry to stack up endurance charges while you are immortal, thus staying immortal indefinitely (although some effects or whatnot can still hurt you).

Off topic, please make a character builds forum category. Somewhere more obvious at least.

Edit: After further testing, I realized that this only makes you immune to physical damage. Guess I was just lucky not to run into any spell casters first few times I played with the skill.
Last edited by beertruck on Feb 26, 2012, 9:48:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info