Melee vs. Explosive Arrow (FKEA Secondary Defensive Solution)

Any melee guys out there tired of getting wall spammed to death?

Let's face it, as long as we have to physically reach our opponent to do our damage, EA people will ALWAYS run to the wall and wall spam, it's all they can do. Gotta love a one trick pony!

After working with my good friend Sista BOOM, there is a simple solution that is pretty easy for anyone to do.

Just to clarify, the objective here is to change NOTHING about your current setup, except what you have on your secondary weapon-swap. I'm sure there are more extreme ways by swapping more gear, but this way you don't have to change anything, and it's cheap.

Secondly, if you're doing Melee in pvp, you should know you need as much life regen as possible, and if you're a marauder/duelist that +1% max fire res + life node is really useful in this situation. Also you should be at least 30% over your max resist.

OK!

The Gear

Find a 60% if you can, but anything 55%+ is fine. Put whirling blades L1/23q (if available) with L21/20q Faster Attacks - that's it for that hand.

With

+1 gems is very nice to help with boosting all 3 gems, but not necessary.
Your purity of fire gem doesn't need to be above lvl 23 in order to get you +5% max fire res, so don't spend anything you don't have to - just concentrate on getting PoF L23 however you gotta do it.

The Results + Tactics:
Your Max Fire res should now be 84% w/o PoF and 89% w/ PoF and 270%+Fire Res actual. I don't use PoF all of the time, but just when I feel like I need to. Keep in mind when you weapon swap back, your PoF will turn off and you'll have to recast it. Be careful casting, be sure you whirling blades far enough away from them (and not near a wall [derp]) before casting. Also if you're melee you should already have leap slam as one of your skills to help navigate levels. Use a mixture of leap slam + wb and switch it up.

You could do one of two things:

1. Use whirling blades with the secondary setup to kite them while they get increasingly frustrated, and if you see a quick moment to swoop in and quickly change to primary weapon setup and kill them DO IT. Fast bursts of attacks, if you cyclone alternate between con effect and not (whether you do aoe/light pen/etc...) so you can attack them with some range, and attack them closer with significantly more dmg and no range. Keep them guessing. They often will swap between aoe/con effect on their EA quill rain or +3gem bow.

2. This one isn't the preferred method, but they give us no choice. Just concentrate on killing them ONCE. Use all your flasks in one round if you have to do that, then just kite them for every round after that. Obviously stay away from walls, and don't be tempted to attack them. Again, this isn't my first choice, but with such an unbalanced skill such as EA, we really have no option.

Flask Options
is handy because after you switch flasks the flask is empty. EA does have a chance to crit and if these spammers are letting it fly everywhere, you're going to get hit with a crit and your flask will fill up. While using this flask and the other defensive methods you can get up to 99%fire res easy. You can turtle up, let that ruby flask fill up, run in and try to kill them with the ruby on and your primary weapon, but be prepared to pull back if neccessary. You can always turtle up again if you need to let the ruby flask refill again.

I hope this helps everyone, and I really hope this gets more people into PVP. If you have any notes, thoughts, or suggestions please contribute in the comments section! This isn't anything perfect, but something I really felt like needed to be addressed.

Ahfack
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Aug 2, 2015, 11:24:29 AM
Id consider using Devouring or Rejuvenating totems in conjunction with this. You're just trying to stall and troll them back for being pieces of shit so them killing your totems after a while (granting them flask charges) isn't a big concern.

Edit: Increased aoe support will help, so you don't need to stand so close to the totems. You have opportunities around corners and from afar to abuse this.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 1, 2015, 9:39:31 PM
Im a ea player myself, but I never proud of winning melee players with ea wall spammed( that's why I never play rank with my ea character) =3. This is a very smart method if u don't wanna lose rating, i won't call this is trolling: if u can't kill them,at least don't let them kill u.Well done! My friend.
-
BOOMww
Trolling the troll build, genius.

Also for kaom users, swap to ashrend and laught at them when they'll realise they can't kill you without the burn effect as your regen is too strong. (probably don't work with crit builds but RT one are fines).
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 2, 2015, 1:09:34 PM
One more trick to add to this is using frost blades. I havnt done all the testing with this yet but with a 2h sword and the +1 range jewel (not even sure if needed) I can outrange Ea wall spam with frost blades.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Dethklok wrote:
One more trick to add to this is using frost blades. I havnt done all the testing with this yet but with a 2h sword and the +1 range jewel (not even sure if needed) I can outrange Ea wall spam with frost blades.

That is an option but, it's not consistent. EA has a base range of 15 and gets boosted per charge. Increased aoe gem + slower projectiles > concentrated effect and there are also enough aoe increases along the way for any EA variant to take. 2H Sword having a range of 6 isn't very far reaching either (as stupid as that is). It would work vs a stupid EA user (thankfully 99% of them are) but any EA user worth a damn will have gem swaps and/or aoe buffed right out of the gate.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
I have an eaer too but I rarely pvp with him because its autistic to hug a wall to win. In addition to weapon swap, arctic armor and frost wall helps too (both self cast and cwdt).
As 2h, we can draw the matchup as long as we have enough regen (700 is well enough) and overcapped res.
👱‍♀️ IGN: FamilyStrokes 💘
Mirror Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2512292
Last edited by SisLovesMe on Aug 2, 2015, 9:44:11 PM
Great notes here guys, thanks for checking out FKEA!

<3
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Most important is the

/dance
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info