Question on "% increased LL/sec per equipped corrupted item"

I've been searching for more detail on how this implicit mod works with the new leech mechanics. When using multiple jewels with this mod, does the % increase stack?

It would be helpful if GGG implemented more detail on the character screen regarding leech rates.

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light on this.
Of course it stacks.
It's the same as Increased Leech per Second on the tree, there's not much to say I think? What is your question about the modifier?
I think the increase leech per corrupted item, is % of your leech already on gear and passive. I don't think it stacks.

So say you have 1% leech on an amulet and jewel with 1% increased leech. 1% of 1% = whatever.

Not 100%. But sounds right to me.
What it does is increase the Life Leeched per Second value, which by default is 2% Max Life per Second.
From wiki:

"
The leech recovery rate r is given by

r = p * n * q * (1 + m)
where p is the character's maximum life (for life leech) or mana (for mana leech), n is the number of active leech instances, q is the Base Leech Rate and m is the sum of all the "X% increased (or reduced) Life/Mana Leeched per second" modifiers.

Here's some of my uncertainty on how rates are affected:

Let's assume I'm using one jewel with the 1% per corrupted item modifier. I have 4 corrupted armor/weapon items equipped. What's the value of m? 4 or 0.04? I assume the correct value is 4. Looking for clarity here.

What about the number of equipped corrupted items: does this include items in your weapon swap?

What about holding corrupted items in an armor/weapon slot that you don't meet the requirements of. Is this considered equipped?

What about jewels. Is a jewel "equipped" ?

Some odd questions here perhaps. Could have been avoided if there was a way to determine how rate is affected on the character sheet, etc., as I stated in the op.

It would be 0.04, otherwise you're getting a 400% multiplier (x5 as opposed to x1.04, basic math).
Increased Life Leeched per Second should be a modifier listed on the Character Sheet? I've not used it yet though, so I'm not sure.

It's an incredibly weak modifier unless you have five or six jewels of the sort, and a whole bunch of Corrupted gear. Jewels and Gems do not count. Weapon swap does not count.
Thanks for the input.

0.04, yes. Thanks. I just noticed the value of the base rate in the examples from the wiki, so this must be correct.

Also you provided no response as to whether an item held without met requirements is considered equipped. This seems unlikely but I guess it's possible.

As for your answers to the questions -- though I appreciate your input I have to be a bit skeptical. How can you answer with such authority without any direct checks in the game?

I just don't have the time to test with frame by frame analysis, myself.
Oh, right. If you can't equip it because you don't meet the requirements, then it's not equipped. :) Same reason all other bonuses the item grants are lost when you drop below its reqs.

I am confident in my answers because this has been checked during the beta, regarding the Corrupted Energy and Zerphi's Youth jewels. The jewels themselves nor other jewels counted towards the five-item limit, switch-weapons did not count, gems did not count. They use the same wording as the LL/sec modifier does.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 3, 2015, 8:59:16 AM
Thanks for your explanation. Seems reasonable.

I guess I was hoping that it was feasible to cap your leech rate with jewels and corrupted gear...

I need to work out some more examples to decide if I like this investment. Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info