Firestorm

"
anubite wrote:
"
Serika wrote:
some summons though...

That might be it. Though do post your items and passive build and be constructive, instead of making statements which might undermine the movement to make firestorm actually a good spell.

What movement? :p

Unavailable

Increased duration is the key, 80% increased duration means 80% more damage.

Also, get every increased area-skill (besides those in the middle), fire/spell damage passives and some good crit passives.

Do not get concentrated effect, it's not good. Cast lower resist curse. Now spam firestorm. You won't see anything on the screen anymore but hey, you'll kill everything anyway.

(Ofc its not as good as say, ice spear, multi and totem or that other ice spell with multi. But its good enough to clear end-game maps without too much of a problem. So the spell is fine to me.)

Imo, if you want to change GGGs mind about something, try to make them consider changing the trap support skill gem. Currently its sooo bad compared to totems for most spells it really hurts. I wanna have a firestorm trap and it being useful!
Last edited by Serika on Sep 29, 2012, 5:38:05 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Has anyone tried Iron Will with Firestorm? I plan on using Firestorm extensively on my Fire Ranger using the Faster Casting, Concentrated Effects, and Iron Will supports since my build will have somewhere around 204 str.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Islidox wrote:
Has anyone tried Iron Will with Firestorm? I plan on using Firestorm extensively on my Fire Ranger using the Faster Casting, Concentrated Effects, and Iron Will supports since my build will have somewhere around 204 str.

I have a level 50 Marauder with iron will, 200 strength, faster casting, and concentrated effect. I get around 200 dps, and that's with the searing touch equipped.

Despite what Serika says, even if I swap concentrated effect with increased duration, I still can't kill anything in a reasonable amount of time (it seriously takes me like 20 casts to kill ledge skeletons with EW).

When was the last time a firestorm user killed anybody outside of normal? I run around 0% fire resistance on all o f my characters and firestorm is laughably easy to deal with. It's pretty clear to me that it needs a buff.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Sep 30, 2012, 11:31:56 PM
Ah, if you've tested it out, Anubite, then surely Firestorm does need a buff.

From what I saw, just Firestorm by itself doesn't really have the ability to kill anything, but I suppose that's the purpose of the skill is for wide range AoE attack that'll damage the enemies enough for a follow-up attack.

(and I lied about using firestorm when I realized I don't have enough slots for a firestorm ability :P.)
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Could you add to AoE skills a listing not only of its current damage and DPS, but its radius in the mouseover?
THank you.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Please, bring back the old sound or at least a louder sound for firestorm. I feel depressed when it's all quiet while I'm playing my firestorm character .
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Ive run fire totemancer marauders in two of the 1-week events and my experience is completely the opposite of those complaining its weak or underpowered. Its slow going early on due to lack of spell damage nodes, support gems etc then it just gets better and better until endgame, where im soloing merciless oversoul in under 10 seconds and running maps with good killspeed and strong survivability.

The only issue ive found is performance-related; enough bolts coming down at once often results in a noticable framerate drop.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Oct 6, 2012, 11:35:21 PM
"
KoTao wrote:
Ive run fire totemancer marauders in two of the 1-week events and my experience is completely the opposite of those complaining its weak or underpowered. Its slow going early on due to lack of spell damage nodes, support gems etc then it just gets better and better until endgame, where im soloing merciless oversoul in under 10 seconds and running maps with good killspeed and strong survivability.

The only issue ive found is performance-related; enough bolts coming down at once often results in a noticable framerate drop.

Could you please post your build somewhere? The supports you use, class you use, active skills you use, and passive skill tree you use? I'd like to test your build. If firestorm is viable - great. I have no idea how to make it work if it is. I've tried nearly everything I can consider.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Oct 12, 2012, 9:02:34 AM
A firestorm totem is the strongest totem right now if you ask me. My totems do like 6k DPS right now and while they cast I can cast too.

In near future I will make a thread about my build. It is probably very similar to KoTao's build.

Supports are easy:
Firestorm [ + Faster Casting [ + Concentrated Effect [+ Increased Duration/Iron Will]]]
So, now is this useful, or is it not?
I'd like to use it, but I'm reluctant.
Also, I'd really like this to have a bit slower fire (say, 0.2), but instead more AOE, say, +3 or 4.
I dunno, I think it would just feel better; Most noteable, increasing AOE might actually buff it someway.

Would it be possible to have AOE efficiency, like damage? So that fireballs increase in size more than the ability area?

Really want to love this one, but even in normal I kill faster by just using a mediocre bow with LA, and that's a futureproof investment and cheaper in mana, too.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info