[Windows 10] Failed to initialise.

Fixed; updated.
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Last edited by Emjayen on Aug 1, 2015, 11:42:13 AM
"
Emjayen wrote:
Fixed; updated.

Love you man! May the RNGesus be with you!
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Just a little fyi about installing fonts on Win10. If for some reason you have disabled Windows Firewall (which many gamers do), you won't be able to install any custom fonts. Ran into this problem earlier on when I tried fixing the "failed to initialise" error.
Big thanks to Amarantha for helping me resolve this issue. Turns out a few simple tweaks in the Firewall allow the game to install its original fonts again. Turning off the firewall does not solve the problem, makes it even worse.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
I had the Failed to intialize error (right after launcher/play) also after Windows 10.

That fix with 2 files I put in my stand alone (non-steam) PoE folder and it worked!

The load screen was static (nothing for like 2 min wait) had me worried, but it was a first time run of a fresh install.

Thanks!

Note: Using Bitdefender, not Windows own firewall, so maybe a factor, but that is WACKO that those 2 files not even in my PoE folder, put there fix the issue.

My own log showed OpenAL was last thing, I figured it was Realtek driver for sound, but that got me nowhere except an infinite (until canceled) loop of the latest driver uninstall/reinstall at reboot cycle, LOL!

I have the same initialize error and query log ending with the sound card. So it would seem like this font fix is the one. How do you install the font fix? I'm T work now so I can't dl any files.
THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT FIXED MY PROBLEM TOO. CERTAINLY AN ODD STRANGE PROBLEM

Is there anyway to change the font to one like the original game? I like that one much better.
Last edited by ironmlh on Aug 6, 2015, 10:59:53 PM
I still have this Issue and the fix is not available on the server anymore. Can some1 help me out?
Had the same problem today.
Fresh install of windows 10. All other games running fine.
Reinstalled game and verified local files.

Just enable Windows Firewall service.
Firewall does not have to be turned on, only the service running.
Last edited by johnnyDej on May 23, 2016, 2:42:10 AM
I dont know if anybody will help this. i had today also an issue with failed to initialise. have windows 10 and access through steam. i point out what happenend today.
i fail started dark souls on steam and because i wanted to skip intro to close it. i closed it with task manager. after that, when i tried to open poe through steam i get the error failed to initialise.
i tried everything change language, changed firewall, updated windows and graphix and reinstalled the game. nothing helped.
then i started dark souls again and closed it properly. dont know the right word, i closed it through the ingame close game button. after that path exile just worked fine again.
i think maybe for people, which did not find help it could be a steam issue. that you did not close another game properly (through task manager or dissconect or just crash down). maybe if you dont know which game it was, a new installation of steam would help. but im not sure, in my case it helped to close the other game properly.
sorry for may bad english, but if anybody get help through this, im glad.
cya around hf and gl.
Last edited by cccccc on Jul 12, 2016, 7:44:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info