About legacy item

Hi there,
I have 1 char named MELSECHLAINN, i played this char with dual strike build, and i used Bloodseeker Hellion's Paw. U know, several months ago, it has 3% HP leech in 1.3 version. When the 2.0 came, it downed to 0,6%. And i know one thing that u guys saw that percentage was too low. Then u fixed its to 1,6% and put the 0,6% to legacy items. So, the thing is why didnt u keep my 3% claw to legacy and the 0,6% is another legacy? What the ** man? I just dont understand. Now my 3% goes to 0,6% and it is too weak with the 1,6%. I even think that the legacy must be better than the current one, right? Why did u do this to me? And almost killed, eliminated a build? Why?
Last edited by levohoang on Jul 31, 2015, 7:41:21 PM
It is how it is. Devs decided to shift the game in different direction. Some things will be broken in the process. Just use a way better claw with implicit leech roll and vaal pact and u will have way better effect now.
You see, there are 2 types of nerfs or buffs:

First type is when they nerf/buff a specific mod on a specific item or group of items. When they do that, legacy items appear -- meaning the items that dropped or were crafted before the nerf/buff. That's how legacy Facebreakers have a maximum of 1000% more phys unarmed damage (as opposed to the current 800), legacy Kaom's has 1kHP (as opposed to the current 500) etc.

The second type is when they nerf/buff a specific mechanic. Instead of tweaking every single item or skill or passive that works with the mechanic, they just alter the mathematic formula. There's no legacy involved here because the items stay the same, but the mechanic behind them is changed. Think about the damage efectiveness part on some skill gems... "everything connected to this gem works at 50% damage efectiveness". That's exactly what happened to lifeleech. Everything related to leech now works at 20% efectiveness. That's how your 3% LL turned into 0.6% LL.

Of course, then they turned around and saw that some items had too low lifeleech so they buffed it -- that's how your legacy claw has 0.6% LL and the new ones have 1.6%.

Also, legacy doesn't always mean better. Lightbane Rainment, for instance, had a 25% chance to cause desecrated ground on block. It got buffed to 50%, and then to 100%. So somebody, somewhere, owns a double-legacy double-crap Lightbane with 25% chance :D

Now, regarding your claw, I think you can reroll the implicit mod on it with a Blessed Orb, to bring it up to current specs (aka 1.6% LL).
http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/03/grinding-gears-wilson-talks-f2p-ethics-in-path-of-exile/

"WE'VE BEEN CAREFUL WHEN DESIGNING THE GAME SO THERE'S NO PAYING FOR GAME CONTENT OR ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME", he explained. "WE'VE PURPOSEFULLY DIVORCED ANY GAME MECHANICS FROM THE MONETIZATION."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info