WHY does most mob and map boss's insta kill

Ok im a noob managed to get to lvl 84 i seem to die alot in maps over 72 so i tend to stick to lower ones but i tried a lvl 73 map some boss spiraalaz or something it shoots alot of spike things out and had a mod called devour corpse so even when i dmg it it just heals up coz alot of those mob that just come up out the ground kept poping up so i was dmging it then it heals and if i get hit just once i die so i had to use totems and hide around corners.

now i know people dont like flame totems but the only reason i made it was i was pissed off with dying all the time to ele reflect from mobs i couldnt even see...now i have 3.2khp 1.4 shield and even mobs often jump on my ass and kill me b4 i can even run away...

So is the only way to survive would be to lose dmg n get more hp? i have 3k phy resis and 75 to all resis 30 to chaos so i assume i die coz of phy hits but its hard to get more and the mobs n boss's move n hit so fast there no time to move
1.Go forum builds section.
2.Pick a build with a budget version or using uniques that you might have.
3.Follow the build thoroughly and make sure you pick a build that the creator assures is able to do high level content without too many "crazy items".
4.??
5.Profit
IGN: Mperor
You're supposed to not let that boss devour a corpse, he only uses his oneshot after eating one
you're probably not playing properly, buy yea, 3k health is low, you generally want to shoot for 4k at the bare minimum, even with 1.4k es. the problem with going simi hybrid like that is the fact that es can't be instantly recovered like life can thanks to potions, so once the es is gone, it's gone.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
just looked i can get 22% more hp IF i remove 6 points from somewhere else if i wantto get more hp i would require another 10+point just to get to the next 4% ..i already took all the closr hp nodes so your saying that i should remove something like 20 point in dmg to get an extra 1j hp and you think that will help ???

So its not the fact that some of theses mob/boss hit way to hard it the fact i only have 3.1k hp and1.4k shield and by having 4.5k hp but hitting like a little girl the boss will see i have more hp and hit less?

i dont mind getting killed if i saw it coming and just didnt act in time but the fact that most of the time i get killed from a mob i cant even see yet coz its off the screen and before i know it i run into a fcking lightning storm and cant get back out intime or some bloody mobs that shoot out about 1000 bulletes and theres 20 of them and before you can go "oh crap" they all fire and boom your dead cya 1hr of exp its stupid the only mobs i love are the damn zombies they are slow and dont do much lol but even the rest would like i say be fine if i could actually tell they are going to be there but since you cant pan out the cam much and NOBODY is going to creep inch by inch you cant see what mobs are next till your in there face and they already have your number....

SO i guess i would have thought a good idea would maybe to lower there threat level so you can actually see them BEFORE they all rape you or make it so you can pan your cam out so you can see them before they see you....As for the boss's i know there supposed to be hard but tbh this is the only game i have ever played where you die and lose SO MUCH EXP and 90% of the time its not your fault you died its either you run into mobs lagg out and die by the time the server caught up or a mob kills you from off the screen and you got FCKSAKE or just a general omg a boss and 100 mob the fck ......and all for what NOTHIN normally just some rares you npc or a unique u npc since there worth nothing.

Side note dont get trade in this game you can find ANYTHING while playing or just by it for 1c all the crap i see for X amount of ex most of the rares ive nc'd have better stats once u have max resistance u can get rare with hp for next to nothing ive never seen the point in parting up since u can do everythign solo and even if u do party up ......all i see is a BLURR on screen i cant see wtf is going on theres never any time to type since u moving all the time cant type and move all in all a very weird game
I have 5k life. 7 endurance charges, a lot of survavility and I still avoid some map bosses especially with dangerous map modes. The loot isn't worth it compared to experience loss. My gear is bad.
If you're finding such great gear (or trading for it cheap) you should try using some of it on your character that way she might survive a bit better.

The current jewellery you have is pretty terrible. You could also try using a shield to improve survivability.
People are going to tell you that you need more defenses (which you do), but the real problem is the gigantic gorge between 99% of the content and that 1% that will one-shot you.

Basically, you've been lured into a false sense of "having enough defenses" due to how pathetically easy the majority of the game's content is. If you build according to the content you play, then you're going to run into a variety of mobs that will simply one-shot you out of nowhere. The only way to avoid this is to build your character for those unseen, unknown situations that theoretically exist somewhere on the horizon, so that when you do run into them you only have a 5% chance of instantly getting killed ('cause crits are a bitch) instead of 80-90% chance you get if you build according to the rest of the content.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
Crossflip wrote:
You're supposed to not let that boss devour a corpse, he only uses his oneshot after eating one

This is important. Kill all the enemies in room in one corner then draw the boss to a different corner to kill. Don't go in center or devourers will spawn. If you want to tank his attack after devouring a corpse, I think cwdt+ic would still work despite its short duration w/o end charges.
This boss is a bit of a pain for Flame Totem users, since totems choose the target based on proximity and boss moves around a lot. You can try Abbysal Cry so devourers don't leave corpses or Devouring Totem/Detonate Dead to clear the stuff up, but it'll still be tricky. Also, I don't think CWDT + IC will help, since EK attack is a single big hit and not multiple small/medium hits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info