Server instability since 2.0

I've read through many support threads, done the trace thing, tried many fixes, but nothing have repaired my problem.
Basically, I experience many game-breaking lag spikes, between 500 and 2000 ms every few seconds, every single day, on every gateway, ever since the 2.0 update. Rarely do I experience a smooth gaming session, but they do rarely happen. It's not my internet, as I have normal latency on everything else (My line is slow, but stable. If I download with 1 MB/s from steam for example, I have around 600-800 ms ping, but it's still stable without any breaks. I do not play while downloading anything, of course). I run a continuous ping www.google.com -t, or to any other website to see if there are any disturbances while I play, which there never are regardless of in-game spikes or not.
I've gone through so many potential fixes that it's no longer possible for it to be on my side, and it is no longer a support issue.

I have been stuck on ledge for the past hour because of this, and I am right now downloading PoE again in a last ditch effort to fix it. I doubt it will do anything, but I hope I will prove myself wrong. Unless it does I am very much at a loss of what to do.

So I just want to ask other players, and I know very well there are others who have the same problems as I have, have you guys been able to fix it? In that case, how?
And Have there been any official explanation from GGG on the matter? I read that it had apparently been fixed some time ago, shortly after 2.0 release.

Well I had problems for 2 days during the first weekend when 2.0.0 came out. it was lag that lasted for 10 min when I started playing on morning, nothing big. But now it's ok and running perfectly.

On witch server are you?
It's not so much 2.0 as the new servers that were added coincidentally with 2.0. They're working kinks out on their end.
"
diablofdb wrote:

Well I had problems for 2 days during the first weekend when 2.0.0 came out. it was lag that lasted for 10 min when I started playing on morning, nothing big. But now it's ok and running perfectly.

On witch server are you?

I really have no idea. How do I see it?
"
Kormakr wrote:

on your logging screen you can choose the server you will be using.

also when you are playing you can use F1 to see your ping rate and stability

From what I've heard most of the servers work perfectly fine, but some may have some stabilities issues.
I'm on the washington server and its been really bad today. Luckly I've been grinding levels in teh crystal veins so nothing has been able to kill me when it happens.

I would be beyond infuriated if I was doing maps or something though.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Jul 31, 2015, 2:39:10 PM
I had the exact same problem for about the first 8 or 9 days, then suddenly it was fine. I still spike to ~350 now and then, but it's infrequent enough that it could be me, or them, or whatever, but at least its not 2k for 4 seconds and coming back to a death.

Edit: I did everything you did and it made no difference, it just seems to have sorted itself out.
Last edited by innervation on Jul 31, 2015, 2:40:34 PM
"
innervation wrote:
I had the exact same problem for about the first 8 or 9 days, then suddenly it was fine. I still spike to ~350 now and then, but it's infrequent enough that it could be me, or them, or whatever, but at least its not 2k for 4 seconds and coming back to a death.

Edit: I did everything you did and it made no difference, it just seems to have sorted itself out.

^ Exact same experience.

15-20 MS constant ping...then suddenly 350 for a split second...then came back down. Every 10-15 seconds that would happen. It happened on multiple gateways for me.

Then suddenly...poof...gone.

No more issues.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Kormakr wrote:

on your logging screen you can choose the server you will be using.

also when you are playing you can use F1 to see your ping rate and stability

From what I've heard most of the servers work perfectly fine, but some may have some stabilities issues.

Ah, so you mean the gateways? I constantly change those. It's the same on every one.
On another note, even after a fresh reinstallation the issue is still there. So... I guess the only thing to do is wait until GGG pinpoint the issue.
I suppose I should bump this thread again.

This started happening again. And I know very well it is not on my side. While I play I just send a general ping to for instance www.google.com to see if I have traffic, which I really never do. Normally I have around 70-100 ping towards anything. I've done all the troubleshooting stuff GGG have asked of before, and I only ever have problems with PoE itself; all other applications work just fine.
If only there was some message from GGG that they acknowledge players having this issue I could at least be calm knowing they are working on it, but instead it's just silence. Ever since the new big patch/new act I've never heard anything from them, other than other players posting they have issues.

Tried several more times to log in today, and usually just get "An unexpected disconnect occured.", disconnected because of the latency, and once I got the weird disconnect bug that happens when the game is in a loading screen for the game to load, and then disconnects, leaving me in the character creation screen with no UI, forcing me to ALT+F4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info