The Bone Queen...broken?

Maybe it's just me. I'm fully open to the idea that my character sucks and I need to L2P, but The Bone Queen seems ridiculously OP on Merciless.

She spams those lightning arrow-esque things from off screen in tremendous volume, any one of which is capable of one-shotting me. I play Dual Flame Totem, which I understand to be a cheap, safe, beginner-friendly build, but I can't even get close enough to lay my totems. She sees me before I see her and that means dead.

As if that weren't bad enough, she constantly resurrects her horde of bony friends, which means that even if I manage to get a totem down, it gets distracted flaming the adds instead of the boss.

Difficulty is well and good, but this is the hardest thing I've encountered in game, including Kaom and Daresso. That seems odd.

So, is it just me? Am I missing something obvious?
Merc A4 is intended to be incredibly difficult, and the Harvest especially is a bit of silliness. You might need to get better gear before tackling this content.
Thanks for the fast reply. I get that idea, but how tough do I need to be to survive one shot? Those arrow things are completely undodgeable and she never stops shooting them, so how much life/ES do I need until I can actually fight this thing?
According to Poedb.tw popping a Topaz would help a ton, as would Spell Block/Dodge (4-10k Lightning Spell Damage). Stunning and Freezing always work wonders but they are tricky to accomplish with Flame Totem. Being able to slow the Bone Queen would help recover between shots and reduce the rate at which revives occur; both Temporal Chains and Chilled Ground (ex. Arctic Breath) can accomplish this, and using both at once is awesome.

It deals 1k-2.5k Damage against 75% Resist - a Topaz Flask brings it down to 600-1.5k. That's an effective Damage reduction of 40%!
Nice, thanks for the tips.

I'm sure that would help a ton, but it still seems odd that such extreme measures are required for a totally normal miniboss. None of the real bosses have given me this much trouble. Kaom killed me once. Daresso twice. Corrupted Piety twice (but she died the same time I did!). The Bone Queen killed me close to 50 times and that's no exaggeration.
I too have just come up against the bone queen and found the same problem with trying to even get close to it. I attempted numerous times with different configurations and finally wore it down to a point where I was finally able to kick it in the arse. For a boss it is way over the top as it took me some 40 attempts. will avoid the thing next time, was no fun at all.
Yes, I totally agree with you. I can even take a couple of shots from Malachai sometimes and the Bone Queen was one-shotting me.
Can you remove your account character privacy or at least link your setup here? We need to figure that out in order to help you.
I had to check from wiki what is a Bone Queen, was it added in 2.0 or later?
Yeah i played 2 characters trough normal/cruel and didn't even notice this boss.. :D
d:-D*
She's the Unique Revenant surrounded by those flower pods that spawn Bonewarped Warriors.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info