XP difference solo vs party

I play mostly solo, but weekends I can play with my guild friends, past weekend my Scion was lvl 91 (now 92) usually a lvl 76 map reward me with 2% XP.
This time me and 3 folks run lvl 76 Gorge map, chisel, alched, corrupted + onslaught, besides the 3 uniques droped i was able to gain 8% XP.
So i assume the XP multiply by the number of members in the party:
Same map Gorge 76
Solo: 2% xp
4 party: 8% xp
it's this right? that's the way XP works?
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
No, that's not the way it works. You get the same experience in a party as you do solo unless somebody much higher level is doing the killing (preventing rushes). A synergized party might be able to do maps rolled with more magic monsters and other things that give potentially more experience and they might be able to clear faster. But that's it. No experience penalty for playing solo.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I don't remeber wich exactly mods have the map, but i'm pretty sure that hasn't mob quantity, magic or rare, sure it has quantity from the map itself (25%) but it's the same when i do maps solo.

In this guild my char it's higest level i think 6 level more than one and 8 level more thar the others two.
Is that matters?, could be "onsaught" given more XP?
Last edited by diegodgo87 on Jul 30, 2015, 12:36:46 PM
How fast do you clear a map solo? How fast do you clear a map in your party? That is the only thing you need to ask yourself.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
How fast do you clear a map solo? How fast do you clear a map in your party? That is the only thing you need to ask yourself.

Doesn't matter cos OP is comparing 1 map against 1 map.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
The way I understand xp in parties to work is the highest level character steals xp from the lower characters.

So, if all players are the same level, then you get the same xp as a solo map. If you are higher level you get more xp and they get less xp.

This is all based on a wiki article as the sole source so yea...
<3 Free Tibet <3
In my experience monsters in multiplayer give more exp, but I'm not sure if this is shared among the present players or not, since I can't account for how many monsters are being killed by the other players. It's mostly when I've been left alone in a map that I've noticed that monsters that have been 'activated' when the whole party was around give more exp than the ones activated only by myself. The difference is certainly noticeable when it comes to the extra life that those 'multiplayer-monsters' have, because my dps is always too low for multiplayer.

You could try it yourself by remaining in the last map of a Zana rotation after everyone else has left. See if you get more exp for the leftover monsters with boosted life than you get for the same monsters that do not have boosted life. (Assuming that the party didn't already go all over the map.)
"
Opinionated wrote:
The way I understand xp in parties to work is the highest level character steals xp from the lower characters.

So, if all players are the same level, then you get the same xp as a solo map. If you are higher level you get more xp and they get less xp.

This is all based on a wiki article as the sole source so yea...

As I am many levels higer, sounds right to me, so i'm a XP thief?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info