[2.0] Support/Multicurser Build Guide

This is a showcase of my multicurse build, as well as some suggestions to modify it. This is my main character, as well as my favorite to run. It can make bosses as hard as rares, and rares as hard as whites. It can turn hard maps into easy maps, and some impossible maps into doable maps. This is my first build guide, so if I missed anything, please tell me, or you have any questions, feel free to ask.

This build is a PARTY build, and does not work solo. It is designed to increase the DPS and defense of everyone else in the party, instead of your own. The point of this build is to eliminate most forms of offense the map has, mainly the boss, but it will only work in parties, as the DPS is rather low due to the tree and staff having no offense.

Leveling is a bit tricky, and best done in a party. You really wont be getting damage (unless you feel like using Regret Orbs) If you plan on using this build, you should be able to find people to level with, as in the end you will be partying anyway, so if you want to level solo, this really isn't the build for you. I didn't have to go through the leveling phase of this build, as I just used a pre-leveled character I had, and used the free respec GGG gives you occasionally. As for what the tree should look like, it's just the curse nodes and upper aura nodes, as the lower aura nodes should be saved for last.

Why Scion?
Spoiler
Scion starts in the middle of the tree, and as you need to go to nearly every corner, it is very efficient on points. As my build is life based, the only other viable starting point would be Templar, but it would also end up using about 4 extra points. Templar would end up with a bit more life, life regeneration, and mana regeneration. Templar would end up a bit tankier, but as I said, also use up more points (Which you really need in this build) Scion saves you some points, which can end up using for more life later anyway.

Quick Overview
Spoiler
My build runs 5 curses, 5 auras, and up to 5 vaal auras.
I run my curses in my Dying Breath, which is linked with Arc - Curse on Hit - Temporal Chains - Assassins Mark - Elemental Weakness - Enfeeble. The 5th curse is coming from my gloves that are corrupted with "Curse enemies with level 12 Vulnerability on hit"

I run a Belly of the Beast for the extra life and resistances. If you don't have an enlighten, there is no need for it to be linked. Mine is 6 linked, allowing me to use enlighten, giving me more mana. My auras are Purity of Fire/Cold/Lightning - Grace - Clarity

My helmet is an Alpha's Howl corrupted with "+2 to level of socketed vaal gems" The links are Increased Duration - Generosity - Vaal Haste - Vaal Discipline. Between the +4 to vaal auras and Generosity, the Vaal Haste and Vaal Discipline are monstrous.

My boots are Atziri's Steps corrupted with "+2 to level of socketed vaal gems" I run my other 3 vaal gems here. Increased Duration - Vaal Grace - Vaal Clarity - Vaal Discipline.

My rings are both Deodre's Damnings, and my amulet is an Eye of Chayula corrupted with "Enemies can have 1 additional curse" My belt is a high life belt with chaos resistance.

I run a Rumi's for the armor as well as the attack and spell block. The adrenaline quicksilver is to make sure I can keep up with teammates, and the heat one to make running chilled ground maps a little less annoying.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
My tree grabs every aura node, curse node, and skill effect duration node. Since my build has a lot of evasion, I pick up acrobatics. At this point in the tree, anything after this is pretty much life, not much else is useful. I end up with 5 jewel sockets, which is quite useful. The aura nodes are necessary as I wouldn't be able to run the auras I do without them. They also increase the effect of them, increasing the potential max res from the purities. It also increases the effect of my grace, which is a large portion of my defense. As the main part of this build are the curses, getting all the curse effect is essential. The increased skill effect duration is useful, as 16 second Vaal Haste is extraordinarily strong. I run conduit as it allows me to gain charges for allies on curse immune maps. (Offhand bow with Frenzy, Enduring Cry, and a Romiera's Banquet)
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA-4FtQhnDR8WbxcvGDwYVhhqGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qHb4i6iSqJLAnCyj6Kk0vbzBxM4c1kjboNuk6QjpYPCg_J0GHRnFKyEt4Tm1RTFXGVdZYB1ivWW1Z81v0XypfmF-wYVJk52aebqpvO2-ecLtyD3RVeA14L3zlfVt_xoCkgseDCYO2hMWGYIbRjb-PGo9GkFWTJ5M6m6GbtZwynL6hL6XEpwipbqxHrJi0DLXytz64k70nvorAGsHFwzrKSsrTzzLUI9i92RPdqOGI42ro1uvu7BjvTvba99f56PrS-wn-Cv5J

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal
>I chose Oak for the life. This build has very little of it, and you need all the help you can get. Mana or resists aren't really helpful, and there's no real need for the passive. Life is the way to go.

Cruel
>Passive. You don't need cast speed, attack speed, or physical damage.

Merciless
>Passive. No need for any of the charges.

Gear Options
Spoiler
As a support, your gear options are wide

Headgear
Spoiler

Alpha's Howl
-Cannot be frozen
-Reduced mana reserves (Huge buff - potential extra aura)
-Large amount of evasion
-+2 to vaal auras (Potential for +4)

Leer Cast
-Allies gain 15% increased damage (Not really a good bonus)

While a rare is usable if you really need the defense, you'll be much better off with an Alpha's Howl. If you can't afford one, Leer Cast or a rare is your next best bet.

Chestpiece
Spoiler

Belly of the Beast
-Gives high life
-Gives some resistances

Victario's Influence
-Great piece of gear all around. Would use if it it didn't have the Generosity link.

Belly of the Beast is probably your best choice. Allows for much higher life, and Victario's Influence doesn't allow you to get your own aura buffs, which you really need. Without your own purities and Grace, you lose a lot of defense. Rares are definitely an option, as well as a Tabula Rasa. But a Belly of the Beast is your best choice late game.

Gloves
Spoiler

Asenath's Gentle Touch
-Curse on hit with Temporal Chains

Your best choice are rares with resistances, and preferably life, as well as corrupted with one of the 3 curses on hit. Your best choice is Vulnerability, as a 20/20 Temporal Chains is just amazing, and an 20/20 Elemental Weakness provides more benefit for DPS than a Vulnerability does. These can be expensive, so the Asenath's Gentle Touch gloves are a cheap alternative.

Boots
Spoiler

Windscreams
-Grants 1 additional curse
-Gives some resistances
-Some movement speed

Atziri's Step
-Lots of evasion
-Lots of movement speed
-Spell Dodge
-Good amount of life

Rares are useable here, high life and evasion are a good option. Movement is useful, as you need to keep up, as well as sometimes ahead of the group. Atziri's Step gives pretty much everything you could wish for, but Windscreams are useful if you can't afford a +1 curse amulet.

Rings
Spoiler

Deodre's Damning
-+1 max curse
-some (very little) resistances
-some mana

Romeria's Banquet
-Gains allies Power Charges (As long as you have conduit)

Perandus Signet
-Gives lots of intelligence
-Helps with mana problems

Dream Fragments
-Great for mana problems
-Cannot be frozen

Rares can be used here if you need defense. Deodre's Damnings are your best bet if you can run that many curses. Romira's can be strong in ordination with teammates using Power Charge on Critical Strike, as that will allow them to use another gem in place of it.

Amulet
Spoiler

Eye of Chayula
-Stun immunity

Shaper's Seed
-Lots of life regeneration
-Lots of mana regeneration
-Gives life and mana regeneration to allies

Rares are useable here for defense, but the stun immunity from Eye of Chayula is hard to pass up. Getting the +1 to curses is very useful on an amulet.

Belt
Spoiler

There are no really useful unique belts here. A rare is your best choice, as they can help you cap your resistances if you need them. They can also provide a lot of life.

Flasks
Spoiler

Rumi's Concotion
-Grants armor
-Grants attack and spell block
>Great choice, you should always use at least 1

Quicksilevers
>You will need at least 3 adrenaline flask to make sure you can keep up with your teammates.

Life
>Life flasks are kind of obvious. A Seething and a Saturated are my recommendations. (Divine for seething, and either divine or eternal for Saturated)

Jewels
Spoiler
Jewels are mostly anything you want/need at the time except for 2 essential uniques.

Conqueror's Efficiency
- −2% increased Mana Reserved
- 4% increased Skill Effect Duration
- 3% reduced Mana Cost of Skills

Conqueror's Potency
- 4% increased Effect of your Curses
- 8% increased effect of Flasks
- 3% increased effect of Auras you Cast

These are quest rewards, from the Crypt, and are very easy to get. These you can not pass up, and should be run. Rare jewels can have anything you need at the time, and have no best choice.

Gem Options
Spoiler
Gems are very ranging, and you have a lot of choices here.

Curses
Spoiler

Your curses are the main part of your build, and you have a lot of variety.

Temporal Chains
-Very strong for defense
-Enemies move extremely slowly
>Best choice in my opinion. Should always be run.

Enfeeble
-Extremely strong for defense
-Enemies do a lot less damage
-Enemies have less chance to hit
-Enemies have less chance to crit and have less critical damage
>Another great choice, should always be run as well.

Assassin's Mark
-Enemies have a higher chance to be crit
-Enemies take more critical damage
-Enemies can grant power charges on kill
>Great when running with crit based builds. I normally run this if there are crit builds in the party.

Elemental Weakness
-Enemies lose a lot of elemental resistances
>Good for damage. Even physical builds normally end up with a lot of elemental damage due to Hatred/Herald of Ash. Good choice for allowing teammates to do more damage.

Vulnerability
-Enemies take more physical damage
-Enemies take more damage over time
>Good when running in a party of only physical damage, or with a lot of it. Normally elemental weakness beats it out, even with phys builds. Best run on gloves, in my opinion.

Warlord's Mark
-Great for defense
-Grants life and mana leech
-Enemies can grant endurance charges on kill
-Allows running of low/no regeneration maps easier
>Great curse, adds a lot of defense to the party. Can allow some people to survive reflect.

Poacher's Mark
-Enemies lose a lot of evasion
-Gives life and mana on hit
-Enemies can grant frenzy charges on kill
-Grants 100% increased flask charges
>Good with people that want frenzy charges. Can also help in low regeneration maps.

Projectile Weakness
-Increased damage from projectiles
-Chance to be knockedback on hit
-Projectiles have a large chance to pierce
>Good when running with a lot of projectile builds that don't already have a lot of pierce. The knockback can keep you safe in some instances.

Punishment
-Need to be hit for it to work (Who likes being hit?)
>I don't recommend this curse unless you're in a party of block builds.

Frostbite/Flammability/Conductivity
-Good for specific elemental builds
-Grants chance to freeze/ignite/shock
>Elemental weakness drops the same amount of resistances, and does it for all elements. Unless there's only 1 element in your party, it's a worse choice than Elemental Weakness.

Auras
Spoiler
Your auras are a large part of the build as well. I prefer to run defensive auras to make sure my party stays alive.

Grace
-Great for defense
>A great choice for your defense. Will grant you a lot of extra evasion, giving you a lot of survivability. (How can you curse if you're dead?)

Purity of Ice/Lightning/Fire
-Great for elemental defenses
-Allows for overcapping you and your parties defense
>Increases your survivability as well as your party's by a lot. Most people won't object to you running triple purities. Who doesn't like over capped resistances?

Clarity
-Doesn't take up much mana
-Allows for you to cast if you have mana problems
-Can help some teammates, especially phys builds, if they need mana
>If you can't sustain your attack, it doesn't take much mana and can help sustain your mana.

Hatred/Wrath/Anger
-Can grant your teammates a significant damage increase.
>All are high reserve auras, you will likely only be able to run them, and lose a lot of defense.

Vitality
-Grants a good amount of life regeneration
>Can increase your survivability, but not as much as Grace or Purities will.

Purity of Elements
-Grants a lot of all resistances
>It doesn't give you max resistances though, can be run however if you need the resistances.

Discipline
-Grants a lot of energy shield
>Unless you're ES based, not a good choice. Especially with acrobatics, you won't be gaining a lot of energy shield from it, and is a waste of mana.

Haste
-Grants your teammates a good damage boost
-Grants a good amount of movement speed
>Can be swapped with grace if you feel safe enough.

Determination
-Adds a lot of armor, if you already have some
>Not useful in this build, as you will be mostly evasion, with next to no armor.

Vaal Auras
Spoiler
Vaal auras are a strong point of this build, especially with a +4 Alpha's Howl.
Vaal Haste
-Grants a massive increase in attack and cast speed, as well as movement speed
>A must have. Increases your parties clear speed significantly. A problem arises with elemental/spell builds, as they can run into mana problems. Running a Vaal Clarity and using both at the same time is useful in that situation. Best run linked to Generosity.

Vaal Discipline
-Grants your teammates a huge amount of energy shield
>Even with life based builds, this shield is massive. It is a huge defense boost, and is a good choice to have at least 1. Should be linked to Generosity, as it's not too helpful to you.

Vaal Grace
-Grants a massive amount of attack and spell dodge.
>Best defense buff you can get. Can be linked to or not to Generosity. When linked with Generosity, should cap or nearly cap your teammates dodge chance. When unlinked it will also increase your dodge chance.

Vaal Clarity
-Skills don't cost mana
>Not much to say. Mostly useless unless on a no regeneration map. Best used in combination with Vaal Haste.

Others
Spoiler
Other gems are more or less luxury.
Lightning Warp setup
>Terrible idea if you have the skill duration nodes. The cast time is too long to be useful. It is a good idea however to keep at least a Lightning Warp in your setup somewhere, as to leap over objects if you need to.

Summon Chaos Golem
>Can help with defense (Well, kinda) and can also tank for you.

My IGN is MerryCursemas
Last edited by traceruler on Aug 12, 2015, 1:52:58 AM
+1 Decent guide from what ive read and fun to run with
This guide provides an immediate and easy response to anyone who has any questions regarding how practical any gear is in a decent support build. Nice job on this overview man, it looks like you covered all of the most important support-based item choices here. (◕‿◕✿)
Last edited by spelishaquentapa on Jul 28, 2015, 10:04:06 PM
Couple of questions, which bandit rewards do you choose? Also, is this build able to solo much? What's the limit on what you can solo?
I have updated the build with info on soloing, and added the bandit rewards
My IGN is MerryCursemas
A very interesting guide!

Maybe you should add a leveling section, with skill tree at 20-40-60-80 level or something.

Also a hardcore variation would be awesome (I'm starting a tempests char now).

Weapon choices are welcome too.

Keep up the good work!

And thanks!
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Aug 3, 2015, 9:42:32 PM
I m thinking of running something similar but CI instead and on the hardcore Tempest league. I know dying Breath is great but having staff is losing a lot of CI defence so might have use a wand instead or a ephemerial edge which gives 50% increased energy shield). I am thinking of running a 5L ES armor, links are Arctic Breath + GMP + curse on hit + enfeeble + ele weakness), gloves will be the ones that give temp chains on hit. So that will be three curses until I get a 6L and will add either Assasin's mark or Vulnerability. The reason why I choose Arctic Breath with GMP is because I am planning to go EE since most of the players use fire and lightning skills it will be very beneficial for others. The jewerly I m thinking will be the same, auras will be all purities and discipline, don't know if I can fit clarity without Alpha's, but many people run it anyway. Here is what the build will look like by lvl 85ish

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8i9GwLkyd_xsHF7Bhwu9kTL28svxXXhq5WY4hCHdlDVPRxTm2lxJwyj_rw1UlRvoqhL8rTtAxGceGIHar-SYMJb57KSl-wm7XDOhmK-wn22hqP6roNfFfJKPqYrYLH-ehBh5y-DR88KLiTHNyPGuvupwiPRpuhGGp4L3zlWAf314RIXGvDbeL3AW-Leh0U-tIXL2TnJLBV1oCkNAo3Ziympus3g--I-TfXz0mxZp63MYx2na4abPfBaHTaYpSglS4HHp48hMVb9IIeFLBMLRdUnwHR5I2CU9Q3gVKy5OvjVg==

What do you think overall? This is my first multi curse full support build, so I ll take any advice if there is something I missed, let me know. The only problem I see is Conduit. I can keep casting Enduring Cry and maybe use Ramiras for Endurance and Power charges but having an off hand bow to get those frenzy charges seems to be such a pain in the ass... Also, spending 13 points just to get to the bottom Curse node seems to be rather questionable, it's a great node but I just don't know if it's worth it, especially for HC. I think perma freezing/chilling will help out to even up that 12% inc effect of auras
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Aug 5, 2015, 10:16:07 AM
Would love to see a leveling breakdown for skill tree
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
I m thinking of running something similar but CI instead and on the hardcore Tempest league. I know dying Breath is great but having staff is losing a lot of CI defence so might have use a wand instead or a ephemerial edge which gives 50% increased energy shield). I am thinking of running a 5L ES armor, links are Arctic Breath + GMP + curse on hit + enfeeble + ele weakness), gloves will be the ones that give temp chains on hit. So that will be three curses until I get a 6L and will add either Assasin's mark or Vulnerability. The reason why I choose Arctic Breath with GMP is because I am planning to go EE since most of the players use fire and lightning skills it will be very beneficial for others. The jewerly I m thinking will be the same, auras will be all purities and discipline, don't know if I can fit clarity without Alpha's, but many people run it anyway. Here is what the build will look like by lvl 85ish

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8i9GwLkyd_xsHF7Bhwu9kTL28svxXXhq5WY4hCHdlDVPRxTm2lxJwyj_rw1UlRvoqhL8rTtAxGceGIHar-SYMJb57KSl-wm7XDOhmK-wn22hqP6roNfFfJKPqYrYLH-ehBh5y-DR88KLiTHNyPGuvupwiPRpuhGGp4L3zlWAf314RIXGvDbeL3AW-Leh0U-tIXL2TnJLBV1oCkNAo3Ziympus3g--I-TfXz0mxZp63MYx2na4abPfBaHTaYpSglS4HHp48hMVb9IIeFLBMLRdUnwHR5I2CU9Q3gVKy5OvjVg==

What do you think overall? This is my first multi curse full support build, so I ll take any advice if there is something I missed, let me know. The only problem I see is Conduit. I can keep casting Enduring Cry and maybe use Ramiras for Endurance and Power charges but having an off hand bow to get those frenzy charges seems to be such a pain in the ass... Also, spending 13 points just to get to the bottom Curse node seems to be rather questionable, it's a great node but I just don't know if it's worth it, especially for HC. I think perma freezing/chilling will help out to even up that 12% inc effect of auras

Looks like it could be a solid build, but would definitely work different than mine. The reason I go life instead of CI is I prefer the ability to use potions. I sit at about 3k life, and with ~81% resistances and nearly 50% evasion, with Acrobatics, combined with the fact I have the luxury of being able to just move around, I am very defensive. But, CI would work, no doubt about it. Conduit is in no way necessary, but I run it on the chance the party wants to run a curse immune map, or Zana gives us one, I have something I can do to still help the party. I don't use projectile spells like Arctic Breath because you lose a gem slot to run GMP. But you will have the benefit of chilling (unlikely freezing, you won't be doing enough damage) But chilling can be a big help, especially combined with the brutal Temporal Chains you will have. As for the bottom wheel of aura nodes, as I said, I find my defenses to be fine, and since nothing else is of use to me, I picked up what would benefit me and my party the most. Looks like you have a solid build, good luck with it!
My IGN is MerryCursemas
"
Valmar wrote:
A very interesting guide!

Maybe you should add a leveling section, with skill tree at 20-40-60-80 level or something.

Also a hardcore variation would be awesome (I'm starting a tempests char now).

Weapon choices are welcome too.

Keep up the good work!

And thanks!

Information about leveling added. Not too interested in a hardcore variation. As for weapon choices, the Dying Breath is pretty much best in slot. There really isn't anything else you can use to make up for the benefits in support the Dying Breath is giving you.
My IGN is MerryCursemas

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info