A last Farewell Thread and some criticsm

Dear ppl of GGG and other players,
at first let me say, if even anyone reads this: I clearly don't want to create drama or get attention or anything, I just want to shed some last words on this game.

So after about 6 months I decided to start to play PoE again and when I started the game I alrdy lost most of my motivation cause of the pure often solo-based playstyle. So i posted in a normal and friendly manner if some1 wants to team up. I instantly got messaged by Jared GGG or something that my account was banned or something. I guess i had it coming since it was called MLG_C**tcrusher, but then again thats just my and some friends humour. I always enjoyed that kind of freedom in PoE and noone seemed to take offense. That just gave me an excuse to quit the game all along now.

I don't know if anyone even reads this but I wanted to point out some things that really made me quit and could be improved:

1. the report system is way to ridiculous. I remember when I politely complained about unfriendly or clearly rude people and they just troll reported me to a mod and I got a warning.

2. End game content. i know i should probably not be so naggy since there have been such huhge updates, and I didn't even play act 4 yet. But still:
The game is way to less rewarding for the endless hours you spend. I remember farming for Exalteds and items for hours and hours and when i had them i barely had any lategame content to beat with it. I never suceeded in uber Atziri, that granted, but I always wished there was more to do.

This is probably the biggest point of my criticism, since I just wished for epic bosses and hourless dungeons to happen, but all we get is maps, maps and maps.

3. better and more inviting team options: for 2015 it is actually still pretty hard to find mates to just grind content, which plays a major part in PoE. Now again i know many people love the retro aspect of this, but I wish there was an easier solution to find people who want to play in teams for certain areas.

I hope someone could get a little useful info out of this, but i doubt it's gonna interest many people. Anyways, have fun playing the game lads

Goodbye

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Can't comment on your first two points, but as for the last one: Why not join a guild? There are plenty around for all kinds of players.
i agree with the report system, i got muted myself by trolls a couple times...

but dont get discouraged by that, contact the support, explain them what happened im sure they unban your account.
Last edited by voodoojin on Jul 28, 2015, 9:16:32 PM
They banned you because of your somewhat offensive/sexist username?

I remember a while ago they featured a video in Community Showcase of a guy continuously slurring about f*cking and ra*ing this wh*re (Merveil).

Strange.
"
Jojas wrote:
Can't comment on your first two points, but as for the last one: Why not join a guild? There are plenty around for all kinds of players.

I have been in a guild, but somehow all we did was farming maps or doing some unique maps. I'm missing the real fun somehow, it's kinda hard to explain. In Diablo 2 i farmed for PvP which i really enjoyed a lot, but in PoE I just don't really like the PvP system.

"
voodoojin wrote:
i agree with the report system, i got muted myself by trolls a couple times...

but dont get discouraged by that, contact the support, explain them what happened im sure they unban your account.

Yeah I have some urges to play the game, and like i mentioned it was an excuse for me to close the game again. But the real issue is just that the hourless grinding is boring me. I mean there is some fun in hack n' slaying for a while. But THAT long and mostly solo.

I wish I would find more people that play on a regular basis together for fun.

"
BurakUeda wrote:
They banned you because of your somewhat offensive/sexist username?

I remember a while ago they featured a video in Community Showcase of a guy continuously slurring about f*cking and ra*ing this wh*re (Merveil).

Strange.

Yeah my username seemed to be the only offense they took. the only thing I did was asking in global if someone wanted to team up, and I did this in a pretty friendly and polite way. Maybe someone reported me for my username or Jareg had a bad day. I kinda feel bad because I wrote something like "I give a flying fuck about that" or something like that to him. But it just annoyed me so much that I basically didn't do a thing (besides that granted a bit offensive name) and get punished.

Anyways I'm glad some people even took the time and read my thoughts.

Have a blast guys.
Last edited by AlwaysCereal on Jul 29, 2015, 6:39:46 PM
They don't (long duration, or perma) ban people for offensive names.

They don't have a way to change someone's name while they are logged in, and they also need to mute you until they do change your name.

So in order:
- You create a character named OffensiveName
- You say something in global chat or otherwise
- Someone reports you for offensive name
- A GGG support staffer will mute you temporarily to prevent OffensiveName from being in global
- A GGG support staffer will temp ban the account and kick you to make sure you aren't logged in
- A GGG support staffer will change your name to HappyRainbows
- The ban will be lifted so that you can get back in
- The mute will be lifted, or will continue (as punishment) if you had other offenses at the same time

This should have been explained to you by the GGG support member right before the kick just to let you know what was going on.

The whole process usually takes... 2 minutes? 5 minutes at worst?
Last edited by pneuma on Jul 29, 2015, 6:42:21 PM
I personally found that name hilarious, and wish you the best onwards. Too bad you miss out on some of act 4, it's good. The music is great.
Spoiler
and i've been instabanned from the global chat for 3-4 hours when writing _anything_, exposing my name (if i recall correctly, one was dicksplitter) which is incredibly annoying if anything. A heads up would be more proper.

Pneuma, that is not happening. Or, it hasn't happened to me the two times i've been muted for an uncool character name. I just got chatbooted, without heads up or followup. Had to send mail, and then it's already getting you worked up.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Jul 29, 2015, 6:44:45 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
They don't (long duration, or perma) ban people for offensive names.

They don't have a way to change someone's name while they are logged in, and they also need to mute you until they do change your name.

So in order:
- You create a character named OffensiveName
- You say something in global chat or otherwise
- Someone reports you for offensive name
- A GGG support staffer will mute you temporarily to prevent OffensiveName from being in global
- A GGG support staffer will temp ban the account and kick you to make sure you aren't logged in
- A GGG support staffer will change your name to HappyRainbows
- The ban will be lifted so that you can get back in
- The mute will be lifted, or will continue (as punishment) if you had other offenses at the same time

This should have been explained to you by the GGG support member right before the kick just to let you know what was going on.

The whole process usually takes... 2 minutes? 5 minutes at worst?

Well I could login, i just got muted for 24 hours on global. I don't know abot further consequences tho, and honestly if I can't enjoy the freedom of calling my character how I want (i mean some things REALLY are too harsh, but i find c**tcrusher at least debatable) I can't really take the "moderation" serious. It's not like I don't understand that someone could take offense off it, but come on.
Last edited by AlwaysCereal on Jul 29, 2015, 6:45:17 PM
"
AlwaysCereal wrote:

Goodbye

You shouldn't use that kind of language in a game designed for very young children. You have to keep in mind this game is a safespace for all the oppressed people in the world with high powered computers and less than 50 ping to Texas.

I agree with the ban.
"
b_ko wrote:
"
AlwaysCereal wrote:

Goodbye

You shouldn't use that kind of language in a game designed for very young children. You have to keep in mind this game is a safespace for all the oppressed people in the world with high powered computers and less than 50 ping to Texas.

I agree with the ban.

I doubt that any "child" as you say takes offense from the word cunt or cuntdestroyer. I actually doubt they even care to read my characters name. Also as I said I'm usually a very polite person so it's not like i shove my impolite behaviour down everyone's throat. As far as I remember Diablo 2 was restricted to below 16 year olds, not sure about the requirements for PoE. The emotional guilt you try to evoke is actually ridiculous. Also I'm from Germany not Texas, and I don't have the newest first world gaming stuff.

Also, given the content I doubt this game is "designed for very young children". With bloody corpses, blood spilled everyhwhere etc.

BerMalBerIst1 I kind of waited for this answer from someone already. Thx m8
Last edited by AlwaysCereal on Jul 30, 2015, 6:42:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info