Physical Spectral Throw ( BANANA SPLIT )

Update list
27.07.2015 (Updated glove section thanks to Bluegray, also passive tree takes less 2 points to complete Thanks to aStrayGami, updated gem links for helmet and one rapier we use CWDT and Frost Wall in helmet now).

INTRODUCTION

I will make short guide for now, if there are more people interested I can go more detailed. Only time physical spectral throw worked was with Abyssus and Disemboweling that means a lot of critical multiplier. So point of this build is to get as much multiplier as you can about 600%+ minimal. With legacy items it can go over 700% for sure. Another thing I wanted is to make ST (Spectral Throw) useful again for various reasons. One of them its fun skill but weak, and also with skin you throw bananas! So how to achieve that much multiplier? Easy with dual wielding vaal rapiers! Plus they have high base crit which is aslo good!

We don't use Vaal pact it is not needed. We sustain life from passive tree leech and blood rage with addition of life regeneration and life flask. We handle reflect with coil, topaz flask and Cast when damage taken plus immortal call. Only time where you have to slow down a bit with killing is reflect map but its doable. I would suggest starting this build as second character with some currency for items.

Here is example of not so bad rapier for this build ( can be a lot stronger if crafted better )

Example Rapier

My gear

BANDIT REWARDS:
Normal: Oak or passive skill point (kill all)
Cruel: Oak or passive skill point
Merciless: Alira (+1 power charge)

Current level of character: 82 ( I will level until 90 might go further depends on gear that I will have at 90 )

1. GEM LINKS

Chest (Lightning Coil)
ST > Added Fire Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage > Lesser Multiple Projectiles > Hypothermia > Increased Critical Damage

4L ST > LMP > Added Fire Damage > Increased Critcal Damage
5L ST > LMP > Added Fire Damage > Increased Critcal Damage > Hypothermia

We can switch LMP with Greater Multiple Projectiles overall clear speed might even increase. For single target we switch LMP or GMP with PPAD (Physical Projectile Attack Damage feels much better for single target than Faster Attacks).

Weapons (Dual wield Vaal Rapier)
CWDT (Level 7) > Immortal Call (level 9) > Increased Duration

Enduring cry > Increased Duration > Blood Rage (We cast manually endurance charges on mana since we cast on mana, switching any gem with Blood Magic would lose too much DPS its crucial to run ST on mana, especially if we switch Spectral Throw with Blood Magic :) ).

Helmet
Rat's nest for most DPS and more critical chance. We can use Alpha's howl but there is no need.

Increased Duration > Vaal Haste > CWDT (level 7 ) > Frost Wall (Level 13)

Gloves
Maligaro's Virtuosity, as suggested by Bluegray we can use Facebreakers because of 60% increased global multiplier which is better option once we get those 40% increased critical strike from shadow part. We also could use Shadows and Dust unique gloves for more defense but they are legacy.

Assassin's Mark > Curse On Hit > Herald of Ice > Hatred

Boots
Any boots we can find, preferably rare we need to cap lightning resist with coil

Whirlling Blades > Faster Attacks > Blood Magic > Fortify (So why this on blood magic? Well sometimes we might run out of mana since we crit hard it can return good amount of mana ).

Gems With quality
Gems that have important quality for us ( ST, LMP, GMP, Increased Critcal damage (most important), Weapon Elemental Damage, Assassin's mark).

2. Other Items

Rings, amulet, belt
We should get resist, life, we need only two items with accuracy 200+ to have enough. It will be hard to cap resists (I use jewel with lightning resist to cap it, We could run purity of elements but then we would have little free mana to cast banana split :) ).

Flasks
Use whatever you feel best but we need one mana flask to sustain single target spectral throw, well mostly we don't but better safe than sorry :). My personal setup is hallowed life flask, Atziri's promise, quicksilver flask, topaz flask and Divine mana flask. When it comes to rolls on flasks we roll usual flask with Surgeon's as prefix (example Surgeon's Hallowed flask ) when it comes to suffix we need remove bleed and remove freeze other is up to user.

3. Buff explanation

We use herald of ice to curse its amazing and hatred so we can have more cold damage which is good for Hypothermia. Why Hyphothermia? Well we could use Physical Projectile Attack Damage but it slows our attacks and since vaal rapier has 1.3 base attack speed it becomes weird to cast Spectral Throw. PPAD gives more physical damage only, while with Hypothermia we do more all damage to chilled enemies ( which is most of the time).

4. Passive skill tree

I made few skill trees, scion and shadow are best. Scion spends more points but easier to cap resists with 28% to all resistance. I will post shadow passive tree since it spends less points than other trees and gets around everything we need. As for mana leech we use spirit void cluster.

Shadow

5. Conclusion

What to expect of this build? With good investment and skill in game it can be very good build for sure. What not to expect? Build can take a punch but it won't allow you to just stand you still have to dodge and react that is why we have Whirling blades. My English isn't perfect so there are probably many mistakes any help would be welcome. Also any help and suggestions about skill tree and about build are welcome. Feel free to ask questions I might have forgotten something so just ask. I will try to upload videos if you guys want.
Last edited by XeonioTheImmortal on Jul 29, 2015, 5:50:13 AM
Uploading 75 level map.
Banana throw is back boys, bump for great guide.
"
bluegray wrote:
Banana throw is back boys, bump for great guide.

What are your stats? How much dps, aps, how much life? Crit chance?

That being said, this looks pretty nice. I would recommend ppad, but your attack speed seems low already. Hypothermia isn't much better than ppad, as ppad also increases you ele damage since hated scales off phys. HoI isn't going to add much damage in any case, its only good for CoH.

What you could do is get a pair of facebreaker for assassin's mark on hit and use herald of ash. Moar deeps lol.

Edit: Took a look at your skill tree, found it somewhat lacking. Try this here

More survivability and a lot more dps. A little bit less life(17%), but I got acro and phase acro, which are far more important. Also got a lot of missing dps nodes like brutal blade, aspect of the panther, sleight of hand, fencing, depth perception, and most importantly, frenzy charges.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Jul 28, 2015, 11:37:32 PM
Nice build. I'll try it out too. :)
"
Etherfire wrote:
What are your stats? How much dps, aps, how much life? Crit chance?

That being said, this looks pretty nice. I would recommend ppad, but your attack speed seems low already. Hypothermia isn't much better than ppad, as ppad also increases you ele damage since hated scales off phys. HoI isn't going to add much damage in any case, its only good for CoH.

What you could do is get a pair of facebreaker for assassin's mark on hit and use herald of ash. Moar deeps lol.

Edit: Took a look at your skill tree, found it somewhat lacking. Try this here

More survivability and a lot more dps. A little bit less life(17%), but I got acro and phase acro, which are far more important. Also got a lot of missing dps nodes like brutal blade, aspect of the panther, sleight of hand, fencing, depth perception, and most importantly, frenzy charges.

Thank you for help, I explained many things in my guide I like my tree much more while acro and phase is good I like more life regeneration. I use PPAD for single target as stated in build. While my dps isn't amazing on paper it does its thing in practice like you see in videos. Life regeneration is more important. This build is about getting as much multiplier as we can get and use tree for critical and life. As for facebreakers i explained it too in my post.

Map level 75 uploaded.

hi nice build there , do you think it could be viable if i use a Bino's kitchen and Bleeding dagger? i want to do chaos damage or make a pvp version of this build
hi i was wondering if i could use Belly Of The Beast, instead of lighting coil

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info