Cannot Alt+Tab

I'm playing PoE through Steam. This thing only happens when I'm playing this particular game on my laptop.
I cannot Alt+Tab. Or to be more precise, I can. But every single time I do it, my PC gets more laggy and more. After several times of changing tabs while playing PoE it's so laggy that I can't do anything. Even if PoE is already shut down.
Another side effect is that PC won't turn off. It stops on the "Closing" (or whatever it's called in eng) message but won't turn off, so I have to reset it by holding the On/Off button. Thankfully after reseting it everything is always back to normal. As long as I don't Alt+Tab while playing PoE everything is OK. I can turn the game on/off as often as I can.
Sounds to me like you have some other software interfering. Do you run anything with overlays or something that would be injecting into the PoE process?
Even when I'm running it with only the bare minimum programs (practically only the antivirus, hamachi and steam apart from the system ones) still the same thing happens. On the other hand I've found out, that running the game in windowed mode somehow works out. That is, I can freely Alt+Tab.
I'm running Intel HD Graphics Family, AMD Radeon R9 M200x series.
Which are you actually running? You can only really run one graphics card at a time. I'm hoping it's the dedicated AMD.
Last edited by Drakier on Jul 27, 2015, 12:36:31 PM
Sorry for not posting. I was kind of busy.
I believe having these 2 things has something to do with me having an integrated graphic card.
Nevertheless, while changing to windowed mode once again to be able to view poe.trade I noticed, that resolution is set to 1360x768 while I'm running at 1366x768. Seems that this solved the problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info