Can't play at all.

Sup boys, I am failing to turn on my game. I just reinstalled windows and deleted windows.old in hopes of resolving driver related crashes I have been having but instead ran into more problems.

Now when I launch PoE, I log in, the game freezes and an "exception" error which I can't read pops up. Both windows are unresponsive and I don't know what either the game or error are doing.

Before doing this windows reinstall, I was having black screens and display driver crashes.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PathOfExileSteam.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 55b08f17
Fault Module Name: wrap_oal.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.2.0.7
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b04488c
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 00048441
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2ef2
Additional Information 2: 2ef257ec0ef06b65fca330600033b9d0
Additional Information 3: fdc9
Additional Information 4: fdc959ee1b77e1640cd888de25d95d8c

My system specs:
EVGA GTX 980 SC
Intel 3570k stock
8gb Corsair vengence
P8Z77 V LK Mobo
Corsair 750 PSU
Windows 7

Display driver 353.30, also tried 350.12

What I have tried so far-

Downgrading drivers to earlier and beta versions.
Changing textures to medium.
Changing resolution, including windowed / fullscreen.
Reseating my GPU.
Reinstalling windows
Reinstalling PoE.
Ran 3Dmark and Valley, passed both and scored higher than the 970 / 4590k like I was supposed to.
I am currently in the middle of an RMA request from EVGA because I am tired of the bullshit, worth a try looking for help or and advice here though. Thanks for reading.
Last edited by kymeimei on Jul 26, 2015, 12:30:10 AM
Is your Windows 32 or 64-bit ?
64 bit
Update your OpenAL version?
"
Drakier wrote:
Update your OpenAL version?

Downloaded most recent one, didn't help.
Same GFX card, Same problem. Was fine before last patch, then all of the sudden I'm getting exceptions like that all of the time. Other games run completely fine. Seems like some form of PoE specific driver error of some sort.
"
TvThief wrote:
Same GFX card, Same problem. Was fine before last patch, then all of the sudden I'm getting exceptions like that all of the time. Other games run completely fine. Seems like some form of PoE specific driver error of some sort.

Other games don't run fine for me at all. The errors PoE gives me are plain stopped responding, memory error, and the "exceptions".
Do you use EVGA precision? That crashes the game for me. Also try using windowed fullscreen mode.
"
Do you use EVGA precision? That crashes the game for me. Also try using windowed fullscreen mode.

...Yes I use EVGA precision, I tried using many resolutions, doesn't do anything.
Try running the game without EVGA Precision running.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info