[2.0 WIP] [Warbands] Non-Crit Arctic Breath | Good Clear Speed

HC viable? No idea. My PC sucks for recording so if you want laggy video, I'll record some.

Arctic Breath
AoE splash = quite nice for clearing maps. Mobs will be chilled or frozen. Single target DPS is good if you can get the boss to a wall. Fun to play!

Pros/Cons

Pros:
Lots of gem and armour choices.
High clear speed.
Has great single target DPS in some situations.
Projectiles travel fast and far so you can off screen some bosses.
Excellent for farming aqueducts and Voll.
Thornflesh isn't too bad with life leech.
Fun to play. Nice to look at.
Can do most map mods. Fracturing maps are fun.

Cons:
High Mana Cost, may have to use a mana potion.
Single target can be not so great at times especially against mobs like Rakango. Map Daresso may be troublesome.
Can be expensive since LC is more difficult to come by.
No life leech = thornflesh may kill you.
Ground Projectile, can't hit SRS from Kaom and the fire beyond boss.

Bandits
Oak or Alira, Skill Point, Oak or Skill Point.

Passive Trees

Links and Gem Choices
AB - Spell Echo - GMP - Cold Penetration - choose 1 or 2: Life Leech/ Fork/Hypothermia/Slower Projectiles/Knock Back/Iron Will

Life Leech: I would probably use this in most builds. Too important.

Fork: The best support to boost clear speed in most maps. I was surprised on how well it worked with AB. Faster clear speed than Hypothermia in some situations.

Hypothermia: Great choice, more freeze chance. Best used in maps with >40% monster life mods. Useful against fat cold resistant mobs or other high HP mobs.

Slower Projectiles: Not a fan, but useable. Slower projectiles = projectiles don't travel as far = easier to die.

Knock Back: Extremely useful. AB against a wall = good dps, keeps monsters at a distance. The explosions from AB each have a chance to knock back.

Iron Will: Only use this if you use knock back as your 6th link. Switch IW in for clear in easy maps. Knock back in hard maps + map bosses/beyond bosses. You will have at least 180 strength.

I use (you don't have to use these):
Herald of Ice - Ice Bite - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Marks, Warlord's Mark helps with restoring life and mana, and endurance charges!

Flame Totem - Blind - Culling Strike - Increased Item Rarity, Blind makes it easier to survive.

Glacial Cascade - Echo - Faster Casting - Knock back, knock back monsters and map bosses to walls. Can be used for single target.

Enduring Cry - Clarity

Gear

Weapon: Spell Damage, Cast Speed, Added Cold to Spells. Sambar or wand.

Armour: BIS: Lightning Coil Other choices: Daresso's Defiance, Carcass Jack, Belly of the Beast, Tabula Rasa, or ES/EV Chest

Shield: Life, Spell Damage, Resists, Mana regeneration

Belt: Life, Resists, Reduced Mana charges/Flask Duration, Increased Life Gained from Flasks

Rings: Life, Mana, Mana Regeneration, Resists, or Cast Speed

Amulet: Life, Mana, Mana Regeneration, Resists, Spell Damage, or Cast Speed

Current Gear

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Last edited by Ofnir_ on Jul 28, 2015, 2:21:16 AM
Well, I'd like to ask how are you surviving maps and Atziri? This passive tree has almost no survivability at all. Also, do you have a good clear speed? I was wondering where was your spell damage coming from.
Last edited by Kessus on Jul 31, 2015, 11:38:05 AM
"
Kessus wrote:
Well, I'd like to ask how are you surviving maps and Atziri? This passive tree has almost no survivability at all. Also, do you have a good clear speed? I was wondering where was your spell damage coming from.

There are 155% increased life and quite a bit inc. ES in the defensive passive tree.
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
"
Kessus wrote:

No survivability? Are we looking at the same tree?
Any video plz)
Why Fork over Chain?
Checking out some build ideas for my recently attained 6L Pledge of Hands.
Would this work with a Pledge of Hands instead of Wand + Shield?
"
Slower Projectiles: Not a fan, but useable. Slower projectiles = projectiles don't travel as far = easier to die.

So why not Faster Projectiles? Am I missing something?
Hate when trees break, theres a random Sniper and Projectile damage node that aren't connected, there used to be cold damage there, now it's completely gone, thanks GGG

Please reply soon
Last edited by Sahnma on Dec 25, 2015, 9:32:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info