Required Armour for physical resist cap?

How much armour does your character need to have in order to achieve 90% physical resist?

I of course know the amount required increases at every character level (in comparison to monster level), so I graph showing from level 1 to 100 would be necessary.

I think there is a limit to monster level, so after a certain point, you won't need more armour, though, I don't know at which level that is.

this is excluding additional physical resistances as well (from endurance charges or chaos golem or passives)
"
Coal48 wrote:
I of course know the amount required increases at every character level

It doesn't. What you see on char screen is an estimate, based on average damage a monster of your level does. Physical mitigation from armor is dynamically calculated, relative to incoming damage.

Anyway, you can't realistically get enough armor to have 90% mitigation versus any hit you may get. An armor stacking char usually shoots for ~20k armor and piles 6-7 endurance charges on top of that as guaranteed mitigation.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
It doesn't. What you see on char screen is an estimate, based on average damage a monster of your level does. Physical mitigation from armor is dynamically calculated, relative to incoming damage.

I did not explain myself clearly enough, what I meant to say was, that I know that when you level up, the amount of required armor doesn't increase, it just comparing your character level to monster level, to an average of what physical damage monsters deal to you. When you level up and lose a percentage of resist, you are not actually losing resistance.

"
Anyway, you can't realistically get enough armor to have 90% mitigation versus any hit you may get. An armor stacking char usually shoots for ~20k armor and piles 6-7 endurance charges on top of that as guaranteed mitigation.

that's not very precise but still helpful, thanks

here's data I actually have:

A level 61 character
with: 13,631 armor
has 78% estimated physical damage reduction
with 3 endurance charges, reaches 90% (+12% from the charges)

So what I want to know, is how much armour is needed at a given percentage of resist, at a given level

so for example, how much armour does a lv.68 char. needs to have 80% or how much armour does a lv.43 char. needs to have 65% etc.
Level 95

14159 armour

=

58% estimated physical damage reduction

12% from three charges

20% from Fortify on attack skill

90% total
Well, if you just want to see 90% on tooltip, sure, that's possible to calculate. You just need to have someone with a level 100 char tell you his armor score and estimated reduction, you can calculate required armor amount for 90% from there.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Love it when people live (and the inevitably die) by the LCS.
There is no cap, its just a number showed on your screen. The damage réduction is different with each hit. Instead of a number you should look for a graph
-
First of all you dont wanna do it with Armor because you cant.

Way to do it is

Lightning coil 22.5% with 75% lightning resists
Arctic Armor 15%
Fortify 20%
Taste of hate 22.5% with 75% Cold resits
4 endurance charges 16%

thats 91%
Git R Dun!
"
Sovyn wrote:
Level 95

14159 armour

=

58% estimated physical damage reduction

12% from three charges

20% from Fortify on attack skill

90% total

14159 armor is NOT 58% phys reduction. Its not even close on big hits. more like 10%
Git R Dun!
One way to easily get a feel for armor mitigation is that you need 10 times the armor of any damage to reduce that damage by one-half. So if you were to be hit for 5k damage, you would need 50k armor to reduce that too 2.5k damage.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info