First Time Trapper! haaalp o_o;

Hi, so......I randomly just dropped this:
and decided..HEY i always wanted to make a trapper! since day one!..or something like that...ehrm.

Well, point is, i have NO idea about trapers and mainly..my question is: Which skill/s to use?

Trap + .....?

Am i right to asume that trap active skills are not as good as support Trap + something?

I love ice nova AoE but it seems weak...anyway any tip is appreciated, ty :3
Haven't yet respecced my trapper after 2.0, so take my tips with a grain of salt :).

Fire Trap is a good trapper skill (good base damage/AoE + burning ground), main advantage over the trap + gem setup is having one more link.

I also used Trap + Glacial Cascade and Trap + Arctic Breath, both work fine, Cascade works a bit better. Trap + Flamesurge is also good and combines well with Fire Trap for potent single target.

Some people also used Trap + Shock Nova and it seemed fine.

You can now buy somewhat leveled gems from vendors, so it shouldn't be a problem to test stuff in higher levels.

You'll probably need several damage dealing trap skills, since there's 3 sec reload time per skill (you can store 3 uses).

Life/mana leech, life/mana on hit and life/mana on kill don't work with trap skills, plan around it.

Cast speed doesn't affect traps, only trap throwing speed does (tooltip was a bit bugged last time I checked).

Use a conversion trap, it's a one slot wonder (or a two slot riot with multitrap).

Clever construction notable on the East side of the tree makes your life as a trapper much easier. Notable next to it with 10% penetration is probably one of highest damage boosts you can get on a tree for trapper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info