[2.0] Animate Guardian, Frost Blades HC Viable

Are you tired of mapping solo because your friends cant keep up with you?
Do you enjoy making everything bleed?
Well this is the build for you.
An Immortal Buddy who will follow you to the ends of Wraeclast and kill everything that looks at you the wrong way.
*This is not a budget build BUT it doesn't cost hundreds of exalted orbs either*

My build was inspired by Holy Bear

Passive tree Level 80 (102points)
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAvryC5JARiq97w0rIbqq18jWSeA3-j9i9wBpN4_4KbzvyRbc-g8xBhzwt-ejGroNfgsfE9gxfC2HT-3KpHKevbKh9E2z3MlOlaPJakQZJfNnwH2qsogAEs8BmRUeIQDLRpqzr7pAzHNynCJrgjxqPRtkLRZ0dFJuhKphTUvrS99cYavqAFm-smMy8OVLjaiSqOliqxEQEWAc26VXGhWAQl4PbTbkEB0yz0B9r2-_rfRjsim0ZCPQi9MBUbAtqQ7zqyT2TJ7-XvoqhLzrh

Passive tree Level 96 (118points)
Spoiler

If you are at this level and enjoy the build enough to buff the guardian even more
Take Avatar of Fire with Elemental Equilibrium
to make the Guardian's cold damage (from Hatred) penetrate more resist

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABvryC5JARiq97w0rIbqq18jWSeA3-j9i9wBpN4_4KbzumV_JFtz464YPMQYc8Lfnoxq6DX4LHaHTE9gxfKPrT-9picqkcp5ituJOofRNsGFaJ2PcyU6Uc3FqRBkloWHzZ6-6PGmqs15Yy0acImuBFR49G2QtFnYhAwGYdFFH7m6EqmFNSpqwEszbpr43NFvfXGGr6gJAzogAkqh8YrJjMvDlS8B8WbzpYqsREBFgHaPLjalXGhWAQl4PbTbkEB0yz0B9r2-_rfRjsim0ZCPQi9MBUbAtqQ7zqyT2TJ7-XvorviKEv-TfXz0mx-tI=

Bandit rewards
Spoiler

Normal - Help Oak - +40 Base Life
Cruel - Kill All - 1 passive skill point
Merciless - Kill All - 1 passive skill point / Help Oak - +1 Endurance Charge (HC)

Gear Required
Spoiler
6L Body armor, Belly of the beast is very nice but any good rare will do
Bleed on hit Weapon (Main skill)
Standard
Atziri's Disfavour (Pricy)
The Blood Reaper(Budget)
Hardcore
Jack, the Axe

Sidhebreath amulet is very nice for this build and it could be corrupted into +1 curse or even Minions deal (15 to 20)% increased Damage

Why do we want a bleed weapon you ask?
Because we want to use Bloodlust's MORE modifier on our Guardian.

This is what you are looking for, The Guardian's Items
Spoiler

Our Guardian is a Badass and so he uses his Fists to Punch stuff to Death
-Facebreakers(this is what makes our damage and some extra gore, Hell Yeah)
-The Blood Dance(High frenzy charges roll)(who doesnt want gore footprints? also frenzy charges give your guardian A TON of damage and life regen)
-Zahndethus' Cassock(doesn't look too nice but consecrated ground on block(5% max life regen)works wonders with the guardian massive health pool)
-Great Old One's Ward(all the stats on this shield are godly for this, do i even need to tell you why?)
-The Bringer of Rain(some more phys damage for FBs, extra block, life, End charge on block is great as it will overcap the resists and give him alot of phys resist)
Yes Bringer of Rain works with a Chest Piece Equipped for the Guardian

Skills setup
Spoiler

If you manage to get a 6L Atziri's Disfavour go ahead and swap your guardian in the weapon instead of the chest piece to get +2 gem level on his 5 support gems

Main 6L: Animate Guardian - Minion Damage - Melee Phys - Bloodlust - Melee Splash - Multistrike (Fortify is also available if you feel he needs the defense, swap with splash for single target fights or even Added Fire)
Spoiler
I heard you like MORE modifiers

Main attack 4L: Frost Blades - GMP - Pierce - Fortify(HC)
Main attack 6L: Frost Blades - GMP - Pierce - Fortify - Multistrike/Faster Attacks - Faster projectiles/Blind/Fear

If you play HC you will use Jack the Axe and a Shield (aka 3 links)
3L: CWDT - Inc Duration - Immortal call
3L: CWDT - Phase run - Flesh Offering/Bone Offering
otherwise you will have your main attack in weapon slot
and a free 4L: CWDT - Inc Duration - Immortal call - could use Phase Run if running 3 curse
(preferable to be in a lower lvl CWDT with curses so it procs more often tho)

If you manage to get a +1 item id suggest running 3 curses
4L: CWDT - Punishment - Temp Chains - Enfeeble (HC)
4L: CWDT - Punishment - Temp Chains - Vulnerability
2 curses works fine you could use the last socket for a Chaos Golem, Abyssal Cry, Phase Run or anything really

Auras 4L
Hatred: Guardian Damage
Purity of Elements Guardian resists (I believe base resists are 25 + 16 from the tree)
*Haste if you go crazy with alphas howl and some mana reserve nodes
add a Generosity to that for some extra kick

Remember to try and work Enduring cry in somewhere for Immortal call duration and whatnot
I also like to keep a Brightbeak with Leap slam - Faster Attacks - Fority on weapon swap

Jewels
Spoiler

This is our main jewel bringing us to about 85% pierce on frost blades

This one is for extra Guardian Tankyness

I use this one for the +1 range but it could be replaced once i find better

These are an example of what you should be looking for

The best jewel stats out there would be:
1) Minion block chance
2) Minion damage
3) Minion life

Gear
Spoiler

Videos made with an outdated talent tree, and gems not maxed:
Merciless Kaom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WpvSkeDtkI
Pit boss 68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDiXHuBCY_g
Merveil Necropolis 73
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo8b-UFDcfw
Piety Temple map 71
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn6gKJ034VM
Bameth beyond boss 72 with 28% dmg 34% attack speed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-J9aCGBws
Ephij beyond boss 72 with 35% monster hp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyp0i3Chb8I

IGN: ggnecro
Last edited by bouncer91 on Jul 29, 2015, 6:32:42 PM
Neat.
Added a few videos and polished build a little
How is the general clear speed and has the AG died for you so far?

What if you run into one of the exiles that use fireblast or one of the other ones that deal insane damage that he wont run out of
"
Qipz wrote:
How is the general clear speed and has the AG died for you so far?

What if you run into one of the exiles that use fireblast or one of the other ones that deal insane damage that he wont run out of

So far the general clear speed is not the best since the minion AI is not great but its a great build to run while doing other stuff like watching tv

you can use different gem combination to see what you like best: multistrike(can swing at air if no mobs are close), faster attacks(bit slower than multistrike but he doesnt swing for no reason) or increased accuracy since he has a rather poor base accuracy

as for dying i can proudly say that he never died on me and never encountered anything that could kill him

i havent seen all of the exiles or abaxoth himself nor did i run every map (i seem to be staggering at finding 73 maps) but if you see hes about to die you can remove the piece of gear with guardian equipped to unsummon him (wich iv never had to do yet) hes way more tanky than i am,

i do geem an extra fortify gem in my offhand slot in case i do find one of these insane damage exiles just in case he needs it swap a gem with fortify and you should be golden with capped resists over 20k hp at max lvl lots of regen from consecrated ground and the blood dance
endurance charges on block wich btw give 15% all resist and physical resist on minions and monsters

How is the guardian at drawing aggro off you? Do bosses or large packs target you or the guardian?
i'm probably not playing with this guide efficiently but i am currently following this build with a friend in hc and i find this build mainly the guardian to be extremely slow and hard to look after to the point where i don't want to log into my scion anymore i got to level 37 and i am dreading taking on dominus due to the fact that my guardian is dying pretty quickly and is not achieving much in its life
"
Sachiru wrote:
How is the guardian at drawing aggro off you? Do bosses or large packs target you or the guardian?

its pretty much 50/50 but with the cast on damage taken phase run mobs seem to ignor me most of the time

"
aetherr wrote:
i'm probably not playing with this guide efficiently but i am currently following this build with a friend in hc and i find this build mainly the guardian to be extremely slow and hard to look after to the point where i don't want to log into my scion anymore i got to level 37 and i am dreading taking on dominus due to the fact that my guardian is dying pretty quickly and is not achieving much in its life

this build is definitely not made for leveling as the guardian needs some high level gear to be effective and tanky its more of a lvl 75+ ish build that i tried with the Awakening resetting every character i have
I like the idea of summoner without foul zombies and skeletons but I didn't get some nuances of the build, could you explain them to me please? I've seen AG many patches ago and don't know how it works in 2.0, so my questions might be noob ones.

1) How do you return the gear from guardian back? There was some armor suffix in Haku's list to help with that, I recall. What happens if/when guardian got killed?
2) If you get disconnect or game crush or something like that, what are the chances of loosing guardian and all that shiny stuff you bought to animate to make you rich (:?
3) In your video you don't summon spectres (or other dead stuff), are they that useless in this build?
4) Do you think bow with Tora's signature mod (causes bleeding on hit) could used instead of suggested uniques? I find the idea to combine Tora's bow with mirror/blink arrows minions and double/triple cruses on hit quite intriguing.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Obliterator on Sep 13, 2015, 4:29:09 AM
Hey thx for this build, I'm only see tornado, cyclone, incinarate, poison and arrow builds, nothing different, I'd like to play this build in HC, It's a bad idea for a new character? Will you update your post for the new upcoming update? I'll wait your reply, thx!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info