[2.0] Full Elem Wild strike SC + Tempest Templar + leveling

------- Hardcore Templar : Wild Strike, Resolute Technique, 2 chaos build ------

Lvl 1 to 85 Tempest Templar using Wild Strike

Okay I'm lvl 85 on tempest league using wild strike.

I spent 7 chaos. 1 chaos for Geofri's Crest, 1 chaos for the chest, 5 chaos for a q20 lvl 18 wild strike. Rest is self loot/craft.

I am currently using a 4 link, that's why I'm not using Vaal pact. I went for more armor and life regen instead.

I choosed Wrath + Herald of Thunder + Arctic Armor over Wrath + Anger because I'm playing tempest. My dps would be higher with anger.

Offense

Defense
Spoiler
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/32/1438610586-lvl85wstemplar2.png

Gear

bandits

Normal : Oak
Cruel : Krailyn
Merciless : Oak

Right now my current tree is set up for Alpha's Howl. Using an Alpha would open a lot of setup depending on the mobs/boss/penalty you are facing, just because you can run 3 auras with it (2x50% + 25 or 35%).

Here are the possibilities :
Wrath + Anger + Herald of Thunder : clear speed
Wrath + Anger + Arctic armor : safer physical/fire facetanking
Wrath + Anger + Purity of Lightning/Fire/Cold : Against +% elemental damages maps and elemental bosses
Wrath + Grace/Determination + Arctic armor : against heavy physical bosses

If you swap 1 jewel for Conqueror's Efficiency (quest reward) it also allows you to run :
Wrath + Purity of Fire/Ice/Cold + 2x Herald's or Herald + Arctic Armor.

bosses
I did up to lvl74 maps, not higher because I don't have the maps. I'm avoiding Desert (68), Pit (68), Quarry (70), Museum (70), Phantasmagoria (71), Temple (73), Jungle Valley (74), Labyrinth (74), Torture (74) bosses.

With Alpha's I would probably try Phantasmagoria, Temple and Torture bosses.

Dangerous mobs
Fire ranged Cannibal (act1) -> tends to hit me hard
Giant Skeletons (act3) -> keep endurances charges up + iron flasks
Rakango (act4) -> Check for mods before going in
Pocked Miner (act4) -> deals WAY TOO MUCH DAMAGES
Rooster Demon & Pitbull Demon (act4) -> Take care of chaos dots
Revenant (act4) -> f**k this

Rest is pretty much ok unless they have terrible mods.

Maps mods

Avoid
Blood magic, Multiples Projectiles, Chain, Extra elemental damages, -max resistances, vulnerability, elemental reflect, light/fire resistance, no life regen (unless you pick vaal pact), temporal chain
Extra elemental damage can be mitigate with alpha's howl, using a purity as explained abode, still remain dangerous.

Neutral good or bad (depending on others mods and monsters)
Immune to curse, Elemental Equilibrium, fracture, enfeeble, extra life, blue pack with bloodline, chilled ground, desecrate ground, shocked ground, monsters attack/cast speed, boss attack, cast speed, double boss, rare with Nemesis, beyond, no stun, lower life/mana regen, animals, demons, undead, elemental weakness (depend on your gear), poison on hit (same), endurance/power/frenzy charges

Good for you
Reflect physical, physical damage reduction, fire ground, humanoid, sea witches, goatmen, extra cold resistance, skeletons

Leveling Templar IR Wild Strike

lvl73 : 3970HP - 7300DPS - 6700 armor - 75/75/75/13 - 2 chaos spent
Spoiler

---------
Normal : 2000HP 75/75/75/10 - 1300DPS - Solo & self found - Wrath+HoT+AA

Cruel : 2870HP 75/75/75/15 - 3750DPS - Solo - 1 chaos spent (Geofri's Crest) - Wrath+HoT+AA
Gear Cruel

Merciless (act 4) : Lvl71 - 3800HP - 5500DPS - 6300 armor - 75/75/75/-13 - Solo - 2 chaos spent - Wrath+HoT+AA

Gear merciless

-------- Softcore Shadow : Wild Strike, Resolute Technique, Alpha's Howl, Lightning Coil -------

pros/cons

Pros :
-This is the same as old ele buzzsaw. You only need aura's to make it work. Then you add stuff (5L, 6L, Alpha, WeD, IAS...). I'd say you can achieve 20k dps with few ex worth gear.
-Can do a lot of map mods (except elemental reflect & blood magic I guess).
-Facetanking ! (Vaal pact + life leech + decent dps). There are a few bosses that you don't want to facetank tho.
-5k+ HP pool
-Decent clear speed

Cons :
-You better get some chaos res gear (if you want to do chaos degen maps and chaos bosses)
-Prioritize HP over dps first because you really don't want to get stun
-"Only" 40-45k dps
-Laggy for some comps (got fps drops while fightning in middle of huge packs)
-Clear speed could be better :D

bandits

Normal : Oak
Cruel : Kill
Merciless : Kill

Offense (screenshot)

Defense (screenshot)

Gear with setup

Video - Lvl 75 Dark Forest, no hard mods, double boss

Notes
1 - Overall : This build can be improved
2 - Weapon : You can go for a claw/dagger/sword/axe, all you need is nice APS base + IAS. Then you want 2 flat (light/fire is better) + WeD
3 - Defensive skill : I guess you can go for the usual CwDT + ID + Immortal Call but you need to self cast enduring cry. If I had a 20/20 golem I think I'd try to boost it a bit with minion life and resist. You can also run for a decoy totem or somthing like this.
4 - Defensive mechanics (chest piece) : Going full HP with Belly doesnt work really well. Lightning Coil with PoL work in most situation but I haven't test greedy bosses. Else I would go for high evasion chest or try the new hyrri's ire.
5 - Defensive mechanics (evasion vs armor) : Remove Purity of lightning, add high evasion gear. Didnt test it though. Passive tree :
OR : remove purity of lightning, remove herald of thunder, add 1 reduce mana mod on tree, add grace.
6 - Resolute technique : If you have enough accuracy on gear, remove RT.
7 - Stuff : Geofri's Crest is a cheaper alternative to Alpha's Howl / Pick up a good IAS weapon is all you need first to get decent damage (with leveled Anger/Wrath). Add more WeD/Flat elemental damage and IAS when you can.

glossary

WED : Weapon Elemental Damage
IAS : Increased attack speed
APS : Attack per second
CWDT : Cast When Damage Taken
ID : Increase Duration
PoL : Purity of Lightning
Last edited by 3olf on Aug 13, 2015, 7:24:13 AM
Hi there, I've been trying to make something based on that same concept although I started from scion. Your clear video pretty much illustrates what I'm expecting to achieve a bit longer down the road, as my character is still a beggar version of an ele build.

I just want to ask you a question as I was truly surprised to see you didn't use multistrike. Any special reason for that decision? I was under the impression that multistrike shone the brightest precisely in elemental builds. My plan was actually to use both FA and multistrike on my eventual 5-link, but if you are opting for just one of those, is faster attacks really better for this kind of setup? Sorry if my poor poe knowledge doesn't let me understand something that might be obvious, but I'm really confused about that.

Thanks in advance ^^
Why dont you use Multistrike?
Really awesome concept.

I've been working on something similar with the scion and the new marakath claw.

Something like this
Spoiler

I want to make my build crit and without the blood magic gem.

an early mockup of my tree would be the following

i'm hoping to make use of Wrath Anger Herald of Thunder and Clarity. In conjunction with the marakath mana gain on hit, i should be able to sustain without blood magic.

Links would be Wild Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Added Lightning + Life Leech + Added Cold
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Jul 20, 2015, 12:15:26 PM
Hey guys thanks for feedback.

I don't use multistrike because I don't like the way it works. You have to wait until the 3rd attack is over before you can move/switch focus and I really don't like it even if it's 0.3ms :p

FYI my dps with current setup : 41k
Using multi instead of FA : 43k

-----

I think claw can be better because of the implicit. I just don't have any to test.

I'm not sure about crit aura wild strike build. Just because you are melee, you can get shut down pretty fast, unless you can avoid stun.

I tried 6.5k HP belly 6L (7k evasion, acrobatics + phase) and I found it pretty bad when it comes to tank physical mobs. So what if you remove more life & evasion nodes ? :/

Maybe just try to focus on crit nodes rather than elem ones (maybe except celestial punishment if you can grab it). Crit grants you shock/freeze/ignite so you can use hypotermia or something like this.
Last edited by 3olf on Jul 20, 2015, 6:14:35 PM
Hello Eolf, what are the pros and cons of this build?
Well I don't like pro/cons but let's try.

Pro :
-This is the same as old ele buzzsaw. You only need aura's to make it work. Then you add stuff (5L, 6L, Alpha, WeD, IAS...). I'd say you can achieve 20k dps with few ex worth gear.
-Can do a lot of map mods (except elemental reflect & blood magic I guess).
-Facetanking ! (Vaal pact + life leech + decent dps). There are a few bosses that you don't want to facetank tho.
-5k+ HP pool
-Decent clear speed

Cons :
-You better get some chaos res gear (if you want to do chaos degen maps and chaos bosses)
-Prioritize HP over dps first because you really don't want to get stun
-"Only" 40-45k dps
-Laggy for some comps (got fps drops while fightning in middle of huge packs)
-Clear speed could be better :D

I need to test some more end content but so far I've run deadly maps and it was more than ok. The only things that makes it dangerous are :
-Cumulative negative elemental mods (-max res + ele weakness + extra elemental damage). I died facetanking the spider in Jungle Valley in a such map
-Fighting in chaos/physical degen can be dangerous (e.g Malachai degen, you can't stand in for more than 2-3 sec w/o potion).
-Some bosses attacks that one shot anyway (but it's pretty much the same for all melees).
Last edited by 3olf on Jul 23, 2015, 9:38:33 AM
Thanks for answering, and thanks for the build, my old lv87 shadow find on it a brand new life !

Cool build, fun to play, 34k dps atm with a lv6 20%q Wild strike, i cant imagine with a lv20 one :D can tank a 74-75map monster without any problems :)
I really want to make a Wildstrike build, currently been toying around with various builds in the Tempest League.

This is what I came up with for a rough Wild Strike build, would love some critique and to whether u feel it will actually work.

Also do you feel your build would work in HC/Tempest and if so is there any chance you can add a quick Leveling guide section with progressive passives and what skills you leveled with.
Last edited by Teyo on Jul 24, 2015, 10:11:19 AM
Is the Iron Reflexes version safer for hardcore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info