With the New EB, is EB + Acrobatics Actually Viable Now?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABAcEswVCBbUJqg18ES0WbxcvGFYaOBpsHNwdTyLqJKonLyj6LJwtHzBxMtE1kjW5Nuk6QjpYOuFBh0GWRKtFR0WdRnFG10t4TLNN41NSVa5VxlXWVylXyVnzX2pfsGTnZp5odGjyb55wu3GFcg98g4Ckga-CEIIegpuCx4MJg9uExYUyiEKLjI2_jxqPpo_6kFWUoJUgmjua4Ju1ogCmV6crrrOxBbFCtAy3PriTuNDAZsCawcXB88M6ykrQ0ND11CPVpthN2L3Z_No62mLbC92o37Dhc-Nq5CLo1uq66-7sGO088B_yRfMR98H53fno-tL-Cv6P

See above for an example elemental spellcaster (Magma Orb maybe?) build I made which takes both Eldritch Battery as well as Mind Over Matter AND Acrobatics (plus Zealots Oath and some 4% or so life regen for sustaining ES). Before, combining those three was just silly, but now is it finally a viable strategy?

Basically, this way I can reserve all my mana for auras and heralds and use MoM and Acrobatics AND the new Arctic Armor for defense (since the new AA reserves rather than drains mana). Acrobatics halves your ES, but now we no longer need huge amounts of ES/mana anymore in order to sustain AA. We only need enough to survive hits (with MoM) as well as power our skills. No More. Enduring Cry is also there...plus Warlords' Mark (and Ele Weakness in a dual-curse setup) and Ghost Reaver for ES leech too.

If adding in MoM is pushing it, then perhaps we can drop that, but still use the ES for skills (which shouldn't require much ES to power at all if you get the regen right + ECry + WMark + GR too). So is this full combo finally viable now? Or, if not the full combo, then is it viable, just not with MoM?

Note: In case anyone is curious, I plan to go Magma Orb + Conc. Effect + Spell Echo + Added Light + LMP (when fighting trash groups)/Added Cold (when fighting bosses). With Herald of Ice and Thunder and Anger adding more damage. And Arctic Armor for defense (my aura passives + 1 Conquerors' Efficiency jewel result in exactly 100% mana reserved with that setup). No penetration gems cos I'm gonna be doing a good amount of all three elements in damage rather than just one. Ele Weakness and Warlords' Mark as curses.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jul 16, 2015, 6:29:31 AM
bump
bump
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info