Psyren's Exclusive "Jack the Hannibal Ripper" Dual Wield Cycloner or Ice Crasher

Excuse my sloppiness for I'm writing this guide 20 minutes before the league is restarted.

For all of those hipsters who prefer to stray away from playing the traditional 2-hand cycloner, I introduced to you fellow exiles a fun, strong, and tanky cycloner!

*WARNING*

I forgot to mention that Scion might not be the primary selection for making this build. The only reason I'm a scion atm is for another build I am pursuing. If I had to guess Marauder and Duelist would be the most optimal choice.

Bandit's : Oak , Kraityn, Oak (You can go for Oak in cruel and Kraityn in merc, but I feel like this comes down to preference)

http://tinyurl.com/od3xtsx
(Tree is 120 points so you can have a visual. It can be easily trimmed down for a more appropriate level)

Current Level 79

As of now this is my gear.

Everything from this build is inexpensive expect for one item and that's the Soul Taker. Depending on your luck you might find one for around 5 ex - 10 ex.

The whole idea for this build was inspired from a new weapon called Jack, the Axe and a few support gems I'd combine to compete against a 2-handed cycloner.

A two hand cycloner would have to run a few Blood magic gems in order to fully reserve their mana pool for efficiency. But thanks to the Soul Taker, I'm also able to reserve my mana and not worry about mana usage from melee skills.

***UPDATE***

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Support! Jack the Axe does indeed have a 100% chance to cause a bleed on hit. However, please be aware that the Bloodlust gem means that the attack it's linked too cannot cause bleeding, so if you have Cyclone linked with Bloodlust with Jack the Axe equipped, your Cyclone hits will *not* cause bleeding.

You would need to trigger the bleed with a skill not linked to Bloodlust to gain the benefit. Hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
Brian

***UPDATE**

So my prediction was correct to use Leap Slam w/ CoH to curse plus apply "Bleed" before cyclone.

I do not always Leap Slam my grouping due to the fact that my dps melts the pack away for speed clearing. If you have an eye for this it saves a lot of time. SO apply the skills correctly for more efficiency!!!!

The build I present to you guys is simplified down to only using 2 skills while in combat:

Leap Slam + CoH + FA + Temp. Chains (Curse is complete your choice)

&

Cyclone + Melee Phys + Added Fire + Bloodlust + Fortify w/ 6th link FA or Hypothermia

Tool Tip for my 5 link atm is 9522.4 w/ 3 Frenzy up + Blood Rage 14,157.6 dps (Keep in mind that Bloodlust is not calculated to the tool tip, therefore the avg dmg is higher once "Bleed" is applied with Jack, the Axe)

The only reason I am not running faster attack atm is because of Daresso's Defiance. It grants Onslaught for each endurance charge available at the time and with two fast one handed weapons, I feel the attack speed is respectable. Giving me the opportunity to run more dps and survival.

After the "nerf" with the Reduced Mana Gem, we're all able to run many gems now.
From misfortune comes opportunity.
Cast when damage taken now shines to improve the quality of this build.
It runs Blood Rage, Enfeeble, Immortal Call, and a Golem of your selection! It's now possible for us to compete against summoners! JK...

3 Links:

Cast when Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

Cast when Damage Taken + Summon Chaos Golem + Summon Skeletons (3rd gem is whatever you want tbh)

4 Link:

Leap Slam + Curse on Hit + Faster Attack + (Curse)

Cast when Damage Taken + Enfeeble + Increased Duration

Hatred + Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice + Arctic Armour (4th gem is whatever you want)

6 Link: CYCLONE

Cyclone + Melee Physical Damage + Added Fire + Fortify + Bloodlust + Faster Attacks or Hypothermia

6 Link: ICE CRASH

Ice Crash + Hypothermia + Melee Physical Damage + Fortify + Bloodlust + Added Fire or Faster Attacks

The combo is all preferences. The chrome over is inexpensive so you can select from your own preference. Until I get a 6 link and thoroughly test the gems I'll keep you guys updated.

At the moment I am unsure which would be better for a 6 link due to not having the luck/currency to fund my project for the time being.
So I challenge anyone who's interested in my build to refine this build further.

Side note:

For those who are not interested in the Cyclone route, you are able to use Ice Crash.
If i were to use Ice Crash, I would then drop Herald of Ice and run Arctic Armour to take full advantage of the defenses from being "Stationary." And since Ice Crash has a build in slow + freeze for some occasional battles it will increase survival for both fire element and physical tremendously with fortify.
Don't forget that Cyclone double dips and Ice Crash does not. Plus Ice Crash loses damage in 3 stages as well. So for boss battles I would not be certain if it'll be any better versus Cyclone.

TL;DR everything melts, Ice Crash is an alternative. FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN

I do not regularly check my message box or the forums, so if you need certain questions answered almost instantly just msg @ Psyren

I'd like to thank Add, CNE, and Pueri for reviewing my build.
Last edited by PSY23N on Jul 29, 2015, 1:51:20 AM
Tree ain't working
thanks for pointing that out. i've just updated it!
So with this spec and this gear, are you squishy at all?
Because I've looked into some cyclone builds and the ones with facebreaker looks to lose ALOT of health and that's not really my playstyle
"
Chridian wrote:
So with this spec and this gear, are you squishy at all?
Because I've looked into some cyclone builds and the ones with facebreaker looks to lose ALOT of health and that's not really my playstyle

this build is not squishy at all. and imo i think a facebreaker build works perfectly fine once you go full block. it just requires a lot more time and gear for a facebreaker build to work efficently.

my build is pretty much a budget build that can compete in both dps and survival. it also provides an un-orthodox play style from the traditional two hand or one hand and shield method.

tl;dr yes it's tanky.
"
indirect wrote:

I see you're using the two hand route for leveling which makes perfect sense. If you're trying to transition from that build to mines now it'll look like this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAvrz0xkUKNdYxnqZXOuHyRf4K2L23PoPMPC3GroNfxPauPnKpZ5v3MuRR6hh82VBHdqz46-8Oz35kUhRxFCBOMsGjDjxfPxfh4mE6Uib4MHeGYBNMWf426BpVYSGuUGSje3QB3GWnhNlHfr022XyCBw==

It's exactly the same points at your currently level.

Base on your gear I suggest you select your points where it's needed from the items you obtain.

Good luck and hf!
Hi! Amazing build!

I was wondering, using vengeance would actualy proc the bleed? Is there a reason why its left out or you think this could actualy be good?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info