2.0 Harry Truman's Iron Will Incinerator

Hello!

This will serve as the build guide for my awakening Iron Will Incinerator.

First of all, WHY WITCH?
Spoiler
Witch offers a great start with a bunch of early damage nodes. With new jewels, like
, we are able to convert a large amount of the intelligence in the witch tree into strength. This allows us to wear heavy armor, gain flat health, and increase the spell damage gained from iron will. Because of these jewels, we are able to still gain great damage and ease of leveling, with no cost to survivability.

Passive trees!
Spoiler

I'm going to put several trees below so that you can understand the progression with the skill tree, as opposed to just handing you a 120 point tree and you being clueless on what to do.

The beginning:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEBwelEFgfAiycMjRJslXGXyqCEIPbh2Wvt9-w6-Q=?accountName=ChaseMeadows&characterName=Fera_Corda

The rest of normal difficulty:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEBwelCPQQWBZvGmwfAiSqKo0snC0fMjQ2xTbYNuk6WEWdSRtJskyzU1JVxl8qakNrF4IQg9uHZZUgmuCdrqcIrJivt7zqwFTYJN-w42rr5Ovu7FXxbA==?accountName=ChaseMeadows&characterName=Fera_Corda

Into Cruel:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEBwSzB6UI9BBYFm8aOBpsHNwfAiSqJy8qjSycLR8yNDbFNtg26TpYOthFnUkbSbJMs1NSVcZfKmjyakNrF4IQgpuD24dljxqQVZUgmjua4J2uogCnCKyYr7e86sBUwGbQH9Wm2CTfsOFz42rkIuvk6-7sOOxV7Tzv6_Af8Ww=?accountName=ChaseMeadows&characterName=Fera_Corda

Early Maps:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEBwSzBg4HpQj0CfYMXxBYFCAVUBZvGS4aOBo-GmwcpxzcHwIkqicvJ-0pLiqNLJwtHzI0NsU22DbpOlg62EWdSRtJskyzU1JTpVWpVcZXDVnzXypfP2jyagFqQ2sXcql8uIIQgpuD24dljxqQVZUgl7SaO5rgna6iAKcIrJisqq2Nr7e86sBUwGbE9sauz37QH9R81abYJNlh37Dhc-Nq5CLr5Ovu7DjsVe087w7v6_Af8WzxrA==?accountName=ChaseMeadows&characterName=Fera_Corda

End Game:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEBwSzBg4HpQj0CfYMXxBYFCAVUBZvGS4aOBo-GmwcpxzcHwIkqiTYJy8n7SkuKo0snC0fLdIyNDbFNtg26TpYOtg8LT38RZ1G10kbSbJMs1NSU6VVqVXGVw1YY1nzXypfP2P9ZlRoZWjyagFqQ2sXcYVyD3KpeuZ8uIIHghCCm4Nfg9uFbYV7h2WMz48akFWRzpUglmyXtJo7muCdrp8-ogCnCKyYrKqtja-3vOrAVMBmxPbGrs9-0B_SIdR81YHVptgk2WHZfN-w4XPjauQi6-Tr7uw47FXtPO8O7-vwH_Fs8azyQfOb9kg=?accountName=ChaseMeadows&characterName=Fera_Corda

Explanations of the Skill tree

Spoiler

"
Why do we get strength?

Strength gives us flat life, and spell damage. It is very good.

"
What do we do with the jewel slots?

You should run the unique crimson jewel "efficient training" in the witch jewel socket, and the one near the Mind Over Matter keystone. This will convert 90 and 40 intelligence to strength, respectively. You can purchase these jewels for about a single chaos (even perfect +24 str rolls!). For the other slots, you can use brawn jewels (aim for good rolls!), or rare jewels with life + something that benefits incinerate (cast speed, strength, fire damage, etc.)

"
When Should I grab the endurance charges?

Grab them when you have a decent amount of armor, and when you start doing higher level maps. 4% additional mitigation is much more significant when you are already mitigating damage.

Bandits!

Spoiler

Normal - Oak

Cruel - Alira

Merciless - Oak

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEARING
Spoiler

The necessary items:

You can farm up enough money to purchase these items by end-game. They should not be very expensive.
Spoiler

* 1 x -8 elreon ring - you will want this to cover your mana costs. It will make your incinerate very cheap to cast until you get a 6 link. You will want a second -8 mana cost elreon ring eventually, but you will not need it until you are running a 5 or 6 link setup.

* 2 x Efficient Training Crimson Jewel - These are about 1c each currently in Warbands. You can get a high roll for the same price.

The nice to have items:

These are items that are very good to have in end game. I will list them in terms of their usefulness so you know what to prioritize when you are upgrading your gear.

Spoiler

* #1 - Doon Cuebiyari - This thing is sick. It's usually not very expensive (under an exalt), and it can give you a ton of damage. It's going to be better than any rare you can find/afford. You only need one of these. It is possible to dual wield them, but you would need a very high armor chest for this to be worthwhile. I would do not suggest dual wielding them unless you know what you are doing.

* #2 - A high armor chest piece. Prioritize armor above all else. Getting life and resists is nice as well. Str is an added bonus, but much less important than the core stats. Aim for 1200+ armor on your chest piece.

* #3 - A high armor shield. Basically, just go for the same thing I said about the chest piece.

* #4 - Astramentis - A little pricey, but very great. This adds a large amount of all stats. Though the strength is great, the best part is the dexterity. You will no longer have to run any dexterity nodes on the tree because of this thing. Only a very very good rare amulet will be better than this. This will last you a long time.

* #5 - Alberon's Warpath - These add 17% increased strength! These are great if you can accomodate the loss of resists. The chaos res is nice too.

* #6 - Black Sun Crest - This helmet can roll up to 15% increased all stats. You want to prioritize the strength roll. Make sure that you use your auras in the Black Sun Crest if you get one, to take advantage of the +1 level to all gems. A rare helmet with strength, life, and resists can be similarly good to the Black Sun Crest if you are having trouble getting one.

* Eventual goals: Work towards buying a good armor/strength resists 5 and 6 link. Keep in mind that the additional mana multipliers on your support gems will make your mana sustain more difficult. You may have to use inspiring cry for mana regeneration if you do not have two -8 elreon rings.

Gearing in general
Spoiler

* Cap your resists

* Get life on gear

* Get armor on gear

* Slowly incorporate the nice uniques. You will struggle to cap resists early, but later on, you will be able to run all of the nice uniques/pieces I have listed.

The Skill Gems!
Spoiler

* Helmet
Spoiler

* Clarity (lowish level) -> Flamability -> Arctic Armor -> Anger

* Chest
Spoiler

* Increased Duration -> enduring cry -> chaos golem -> flame dash

* Weapon
Spoiler

* Incinerate -> Spell Echo -> Fire penetration. Use this when you get a Doon Cuebiyari.

Before then, run:

* Incinerate -> Spell Echo -> Fire penetration -> Iron Will

* Shield
Spoiler

* Leap slam -> Fortify -> faster attacks

* Boots
Spoiler

* Vaal molten shell -> Spell Echo -> Life Leech -> Iron Will/Fire Penetration (either is ok)

The numbers
Spoiler

Offense:
Spoiler

Defense:
Spoiler

My gear

Spoiler

Notes

* I'm currently using a 6 link. I obtained a 6 link from purchasing "Celestial Justicar" Divination cards for 30 chaos - 1 exalt each. Until level 85, I used the 4 link on my Doon Cuebiyari. The biggest difference between the 6l and the 4l is the spray of the incinerate. I added faster projectiles and lesser multiple projectiles. This increases clear speed by a decent margin, but it isn't necessary. For a 5 link, you would run LMP in addition to the iron will, fire pen, echo setup.

* I don't think repentance is good. . You lose resists, life, and strength. You gain a gem slot at the cost of the spell damage of iron will, 20-30% cast speed, and increased mana cost from whatever new gem you run. This would be ridiculous to gear around, and I don't think it would be great.

* I use NeverSink's loot filter. It's good.

* Use Acquisition for setting up your shop. It's efficient, and easy. Set your chaos and regal recipe tabs to a 1c buyout. You will make lots of money this way.

* The build can do atziri

* The build was not done in hardcore, but it is probably hardcore viable.

* Watch sens8. it's a good show

If you have any questions for me, post here, or message me in game. My ign is Chase.
Last edited by GeniusBirb on Jul 20, 2015, 3:02:38 PM
what's with the name
Still writing the guide. I submitted early to save progress. I am currently writing the rest of it.
bump!
10/10 can confirm build is good.
bump
going through elemental dominion to get heart and soul will get us 55% stun avoidance while casting, 20 strength, 20 dex, 20 max mana, 20 max energy shield at the cost of 10 int and 1 stat point.

that seems pretty good, is there a reason not to do this?
Love the build. Fairly in depth for how much you've put into it (i'm sure there is more to come), also your a very friendly person in game. Bump
I was just writing my guide about my IronWill Incinerator Marauder lol.

Grats, nice guide ;)
Slow'n'Steady-Proud Standard Player
Litenheat 77 LS|Onroids 67 IC|Iendis 82 SA|LeslieMagnafuzz 76 Arc|Rakta 83 Tank|Kalika 78 Reaver|Borealis 78 BoRWoE|lendis 74 TS|Astreex 74 WS|Ignitium 88 IW|Ignitia 75 SRS|Mahakali 81 CoC|Selenne 81 FB|LesIieMagnafuzz 70 IC|Ulfhedinn 75 Sweeper
Wanted to stop by and say thanks to Chase for answering my questions in game and wanna confirm this build is strong and VERY cheap. The only expensive things is the Astramentis and it's still only a couple ex (payed 2 for a good roll) and getting a good chest piece which I'm still working on. I agree with the above poster that getting the Practical Application node is hella worth it for incinerate and it gives dex/strength which is added bonus.
[User Social Credit Score: 596]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info