Amazing (~300k dps) LL BM Flicker (2.0.0)

All you need to get started are:
4r 1b 1g Shavronne's Wrappings
Abyssus
Doryani's Invitation (Perfect % phys)
Legacy Shavronne's Revelation
Atziri's Acuity
250+ pDPS Dagger (trust me, you cant do anything with less)

The premise: Blood Rage is fiiine, just treat it like the old righteous fire and you will have no issues. Ice Bite + Herald of Ice + Culling Strike is a great safety net to assure you get Frenzy Charges coupled with Blood Rage.

My Gear and links (always undergoing massive changs)

Note: Maligaro's was used in a really early build where I went dual-curse [poachers mark]-[HoI]-[Cast on hit]-[Ice Bite], which kept up frenzy and power charges insanely well but used too many passive points. Will sub them out for Acuity when prices are more stable.

Flasks (note the skin changes are a necessity)

They obviously have 100% up-time, but that's expected with crit.

Auras (put wherever)
Vitality
Hatred
Discipline
Herald of Ash
Purity of Lightning, Fire, Ice

Frenzy Back-up Plan
[Herald of Ice]-[Ice Bite]-[Culling Strike]-[Enlighten]

Weapon Links
Blood Rage is in my Primary Weapon Slot so I can tab it out whenever I dont need it: [Blood Rage]-[Ice Golem]-[Frenzy]

I am not concerned about loosing the auras when weapon-swapping due to Shavronne's Revelation making Blood Rage's degen slow enough that I can sustain it from half Energy Shield until it fizzles out.

DAMAGE W0000000000000000000000000

With the addition of DPS jewels and the Hatred aura that I was not running when I was CI last patch, you can imagine the huge spike in dps that flicker was given in my build.

That's right, my flickerstrike got a whopping -70% DPS increase w/o any charges! To a whopping 97666.66 average dps w/o charges! With OP frenzy and power charges its something around 300k.

Here's my Tree (also changing loads)
http://poeurl.com/zsDxiVi
For all those wondering about the 1% life re-gen node: I need that, like, flicker costs too much and stalls in a second without it; and with it, it still stalls, BUT, now after 2 seconds.

Conclusion
I can run the old lvl 76 maps still, but thats about the max this build can do w/o acuity.
Tanky with 7k ES and 89-90% all res and steady life leech, the only thing that kills is when I run out of life to cast flicker and stall or I lose track of my blood rage in among-st all of the auras and forget to re-cast it.

So, all-in-all, pretty cheap and affordable build for a mid-to-end game end-game flicker.

lel
Last edited by FlamingMeat on Jul 14, 2015, 11:40:51 PM
nice memeing meat 8))))))
I sure as shit wouldn't call it affordable, but it's a cool variant and I'm glad you're keeping flicker alive :)
In my heart flicker will always be alive. Lol. I've spent a lot of currency working around the tree and I've changed it yet again.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAecNfA3RDjwOSBFQEZYUcRa_Fy8bJRzcHRQdTySwJbwo-ioLLOEtHy9vNbk26DpSRnFHBkuuTLNV1lb1V8lZ81yKXfJfamNDZOdmnmqMbRlwUnBWcLtw1XIPcql943_GgKSDCYZgidOOio8aj0aP-pAbkn2TJ5Ugl9CYb5oTn8uhL6Kjotmmf6cIpyunMKxmrKqw2LGztAy1SLiTuT6-isHzyBTK09Af0NDYdtkT2VvbT9tu29TcI9-_4MPhiOXP6QLqGOq66-7sGO1B7-vy4fPq9W_3Mvjr-tI=

^^^ New tree reaches to a jewel slot above the witch starting area for intuitive leap to fill so I can get +es on shield, power charge, and flask effect for free.
It wont let me edit the reply for some reason :/

But I forgot to include that I am now using Fragile Bloom for its 2% life regen, this is actually stopping flicker from stalling so it is well worth it.
which bandits u help?
Currently:
Normal: Kill All
Cruel: Phys Damage
Merc: Frenzy Charge

4 frenzy charges and 4 power charges.
At 4 power charges I am 5% off of capping my crit, which is easily surpassed with my cast on hit - ice bite setup with assassins mark currently.

Will probably overhaul the guide soon-ish. Needs some polishing and gameplay videos.
Last edited by FlamingMeat on Jul 20, 2015, 12:27:26 AM
I am a completely new player at POE; I was wondering if you can lvl with this build or even if respec'ing is possible. I have a hard time dropping groups of enemies using melee. Any advice on gem choices or skills that would scale well for lvling with this build?
Any shadow lvling advice? What stats should i stack? Dex and Shield on my gear?

Thanks!
Yo , How are you guys doing ??
I've decided to try this build out but im having a not so cool problem when cleaning a massive mob group, I'm currently at 41, just entered act 1 cruel, and i have some problems with large groups or single target (got raped by Piety and Malachai) So.. How can i keep my Frenzy charges up, or gain frenzy per hit, or something like this ? or should i switch build 'till i get like at 60 + ? atm i'm leveling with dual mightflay daggers, Voll Prot armor (and tabula) and running some crit stuff, im using the same linked stuff with Flicker, same auras... Should i level up with cyc + FB or something ? (Yes im using frenzy, but when im dealing with a large group, sometimes i get a Desync and die, that's why im called Desync in my FS, rofl)
I would not reccomend trying to level with this. At all. You're way better off following a CI flicker/dual strike build for leveling then re-speccing into low-life, but not blood magic. BM is way to expensive to make work and 99/100 players wont be able to finance this build.

For leveling: From scratch I'd imagine the start of a shadow reave build would be easiest,

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1328737
Is a good one with a good starting few trees for reave.

; you do get 26 free respec points (over an exalted worth) from the story alone. Otherwise, if you have the gear, use facebreakers and ignore the fact that you're a shadow I guess.

For single target: Vaal Summon Skeletons is the best skill to use for boss fights, period. It draws all aggro away from you, the general skeleton gives you a huge dps buff with it's aura. You also get the added benefit of sp00king the bosses to death.

Once again: you do not want this to be your first build, before awakening it would have been possible but now it impossible to level as is. I will re-level a shadow in std for you guys and do all that jazz. If you started leveling with this build in mind that's great, get to 70, spec into CI, get to 80-85, unload all of your ex and re-spec into low-life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info