[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

"
Viviere wrote:
FIRST!

come here brah free cookie for you
"
Perrydtf wrote:
Personally completely disagree with some of the choices people seem to be making in 2.0 with this build. Kings guard chest concept cool? Sure, good chest? No.
The chest is total rubbish, great you don't need Vaal pact but you may as well be wearing a tabula rasa since it offers you almost nil mitigation.
Lightning Coil with Vaal pact after playing with both is still hands down the best chest you can run on a life based Mjolner build. With monsters doing even more physical damage then before you can't just drop the massive defence you get from a LC, legacy LC even more so. Life leech still works great with VP also.

I agree that Coil is still superior against heavy phys hitter. But other than that, Kingsguard's regen capacity outweighs Coil.

LL + Vaal pact combo is not exactly terrible but still just a shadow of what it was. I don't feel safe tanking a boss or even a rogue exile with LL + Vaal pact. Kingsguard on the other hand feels just as great or even more than pre-2.0 LL+Vaal pact!

Just my 2 cents, I've been using Legacy Coil, btw.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Jul 23, 2015, 3:59:40 AM
Can update your gear at main page ps? :-) with corrupted gloves, kings...

From the newest patch:
"Fixed a bug where projectiles from Lightning Strike (when supported by Multistrike or similar) could trigger melee things like Fortify."

bad news:( i spent over 500 chroms for kingsguard :S

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jul 23, 2015, 4:49:56 AM
"
redix27 wrote:

From the newest patch:
"Fixed a bug where projectiles from Lightning Strike (when supported by Multistrike or similar) could trigger melee things like Fortify."

600 already here, tried both Vorici 1G and 2G alternately, and I have to put up with 2R2G1B in my 5L, which is enough already anyway (no blood magic gem). I only need 3R2G so that I can throw Lightning Strike into the same 5L for utility...
Last edited by wiwigvn on Jul 23, 2015, 5:02:31 AM
"
redix27 wrote:

From the newest patch:

ill get to it tonight. i still use the same gem setup on kingsguard though. 2G/4R isnt that hard to get, Should be 200 chroms on average. I still use fortify because i othen times hit somebody with the melee strike itself, not just the projectile. Might swap this out for something else at a later time though, most likely trying to get a 3G 3R chest and put in LMP or accuracy. this will improve dps by a lot.

"

Perrydtf wrote:

Personally completely disagree with some of the choices people seem to be making in 2.0 with this build. Kings guard chest concept cool? Sure, good chest? No.
The chest is total rubbish, great you don't need Vaal pact but you may as well be wearing a tabula rasa since it offers you almost nil mitigation.
Lightning Coil with Vaal pact after playing with both is still hands down the best chest you can run on a life based Mjolner build. With monsters doing even more physical damage then before you can't just drop the massive defence you get from a LC, legacy LC even more so. Life leech still works great with VP also.

Yes, coil is a big phys defence boost. But i tried VP + LL, and it feels so underwhelming for regen. also, this goes on the expence of the lightning pen gem in the mjolner, wich is a MASSIVE dps loss.
Its all down to personal preference, but having tested both, ill keep my kingsguard for now
Can't do more damage if you're getting gas peddled and 1 shot ;P half the time running into a pack regen wasn't the issue with using Kingsguard, it was getting rolled over before you even have the chance to spend endurance charges.
Last edited by Perrydtf on Jul 23, 2015, 9:33:56 AM
You said lightning pen is better in every situation. Is it still better at 414 str, 8 endurance charges, and 5 power charges? 8 endurance is a lot of fire damage that gets no benefit from lightning pen, plus if your using righteous fire the spell damage on iron will should be a pretty big multiplier. According to poedb the uber bosses all have 30 all res and 15 chaos res.
"
Perrydtf wrote:
Can't do more damage if you're getting gas peddled and 1 shot ;P half the time running into a pack regen wasn't the issue with using Kingsguard, it was getting rolled over before you even have the chance to spend endurance charges.

Would've been better if you actually try and test your life-based mjolner build in 2.0 instead of just throwing hasty statements. Then you'll have a better basis in comparing which is better kingsguard or LL + VP, instead of speculating based on your outdated mjolner build. But as you said you only play temp leagues and won't do mjolner unless you get it in tempest/warbands.
This build is good with 30% mjolner?
"
Glaciez wrote:
You said lightning pen is better in every situation. Is it still better at 414 str, 8 endurance charges, and 5 power charges? 8 endurance is a lot of fire damage that gets no benefit from lightning pen, plus if your using righteous fire the spell damage on iron will should be a pretty big multiplier. According to poedb the uber bosses all have 30 all res and 15 chaos res.

Need to change the wording on this. What you say is true, but for this build, as the guide stands, lightning pen is better. if you have a more multi (like RF), iron will is better. also, the less damage youve got from %Increased sources, the more effective iron Will is going to be

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info