Trap and Mine Damage

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Mar 19, 2018, 7:13:12 AM
I really think this support gem is underwhelming. The damage increase isn't that impressive and the worst part is the reduction to mine/trap laying speed. I'm playing a mine-er using the Tremor Rod unique and just overall I have to say that using mines without such a giant boost to laying speed is very terrible. Anything that reduces that speed is just horrible, even though 10% is a small amount it still doesn't justify it being on the support gem.

I am really just hard pressed to find a reason to use this support over others that have similar or better damage increases without the laying speed penalty. For example I'm using arctic breath mines currently and I'd much rather put a faster projectiles in that green socket than this gem. I understand that this might be more of an issue for mines than traps since laying speed is a much bigger deal. Perhaps the mine and trap portion of the gem should be separate. Would allow better balancing for each builds needs.
Last edited by Miphradates on Jul 20, 2015, 10:08:56 AM
But, Trap and Mine Damage has a much more powerful Damage bonus than Faster Projectiles? :/
T&MD is multiplicative, whereas FP grants additive Increased Damage. Plus, the per-level scaling on T&MD is twice as strong, which I guess is decent.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 20, 2015, 11:19:28 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
But, Trap and Mine Damage has a much more powerful Damage bonus than Faster Projectiles? :/
T&MD is multiplicative, whereas FP grants additive Increased Damage. Plus, the per-level scaling on T&MD is twice as strong, which I guess is decent.

You are right about that but my point is the reduction to mine laying speed which I think is actually a pretty big detriment. Especially given that they removed the cast speed penalty on Iron Will so its obvious that they are thinking to add more fluidity to the game (i guess just speculation on my part) Mines are painfully encumbering to use if you dont use the Tremor Rod unique, like seriously there is no point to using mines if you arent using that staff, because its just way too slow and awkward otherwise.

Because of that I wouldnt willingly nerf that laying speed even further for a slightly better damage increase. But this is why i suggested perhaps splitting the mine and trap portions of the gem. We can all be honest here in saying that mines are almost universally overlooked and that is because its not enjoyable to play (I will say however the Tremor Rod unique is a giant step in the right direction so big ups to GGG, of course having a class of spells completely rely on 1 item seems like not the best design).
Yo just to make super sure before I start my build this gem still DOES double dip with poison right? It was JUST the Trap Support and Remote Mine Support that were needed, right?
Heya GGG and players!

After double dipping beeing gone this support is really sub par.
It has the multiplier of a generic support gem but with a downside to it on a playstyle that is allready clunky to play. Now even endurance charge and melee stun or slower projectiles have a more multiplier... (thats good but this here is a real dps support and should therefore be higher)

Lighning trap for example has better damage with elemental focus than with this support even considering shocks where they work and count: on rares.
Controlled destruction has more dmg with no downsides on noncrit builds that got better with elemental overload.
Conc effect is far stronger when using a aoe trap like fire trap as single target.

I think its reasonable to give this support either more dmg or better: some QOL feature.
How about "the supported trap can have one more stack" or "increased trap trigger radious" or even simply "increased trap trowing speed". Same goes for mines ofcourse.

Thanks for your attention!
http://i.imgur.com/TF8Auam.jpg
Is it intended to have the reduced trap throwing and mine laying speed? It makes no sense to have that on a Trap and Mine Damage support gem, it should rather increased the speed - not reduce it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info