Wild Strike

"
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely switching. But what about the physical conversion to the element. Shouldn't that more phyiscal go in before the conversion?

Damage multipliers are calculated after Conversion.
Converted Damage benefits from the source-type's multipliers.

What this means is, Physical Damage bonuses will improve the Physical and Elemental Damage dealt by the Melee Hit and by the additional effects.
Please ignore all sort of defences in this theoretical scenario

>Your weapon has 100-100 phys damage, lvl 1 Wild Stirke unlinked.
>100 * 1,1 = 110
>You hit monster for 44 phys and depending on the element chosen you release wave, projectile or chain that deals 66 damage of its element.

If it is how the skill works, Melee Physical Damage would make it:
>Your weapon has 100-100 phys damage, lvl 1 Wild Stirke with lvl 1 MPD
>100 * 1,1 * 1,3 = 143
>You hit monster for 57,2 phys and depending on the element chosen you release wave, projectile or chain that deals 85,8 damage of its element.

With WED
>Your weapon has 100-100 phys damage, lvl 1 Wild Stirke with lvl 1 WED
>100 * 1,1 = 110
>You hit monster for 44 phys and depending on the element chosen you release wave, projectile or chain that deals 66 * 1,4 = 92,4 damage of its element. 136,4 total for single monster.

Which would make Melee physical damage better for single target and Weapon Elemental Damage better for clearing multiple mobs IF your weapon is pure phys. I don't know if any flat elemental damage adds up to elemental part of the skill.

Is my understanding of the skill right?
Wild Strike works the same as any other Skill with some sort of extra effect on top of its Melee strike. The Elemental effect is an entirely separate Attack, calculated from the ground up.

With MPD, the Melee strike will deal 143 Damage, the Elemental effect will deal 110 Damage.
With WED, both the Melee strike and the Elemental effect deal 132.4 Damage.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 15, 2015, 7:57:47 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:

With MPD, the Melee strike will deal 143 Damage, the Elemental effect will deal 110 Damage.

how would the damage with WED be 132.4~ on both melee and elemental?
wouldnt it be 110 for melee and 132.4~ on elemental side?

also since i'm using a claw build i can't keep up my leeches with WED but with MPD just fine.
e: i've also figured that the explosion seems to have melee damage as base and that's why it clears faster for me being specialized in MPD
Last edited by yn3 on Jul 15, 2015, 11:52:45 PM
"
yn3 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

how would the damage with WED be 132.4~ on both melee and elemental?
wouldnt it be 110 for melee and 132.4~ on elemental side?

also since i'm using a claw build i can't keep up my leeches with WED but with MPD just fine.
e: i've also figured that the explosion seems to have melee damage as base and that's why it clears faster for me being specialized in MPD

Melee attack also got elemental part and range effect also got physical part. It's like Lightning Strike.

Don't use claw with LL. Use with LGoH.
Last edited by pijanapanda on Jul 16, 2015, 5:31:58 AM
"
gbones wrote:
I've been testing wild strike on standard where I have the gear to better support testing. Some unrelated thoughts so far:

Wild Strike's mechanic is amazingly fun. Multistrike is absolutely the first gem to link.

The mana cost gets pretty prohibitive in a 6L. Because of the conversion to ele, I'm having a hard time supporting either resource usage or life or often both. I've tried cold and lightning doryani's invitation and HoI/HoT. Its not enough leech. I've also tried doryani's catalyst. Still not enough leech. I really don't want to have to put a leech gem in the links.

Even with all damage links in a 6L the damage is ridiculously underwhelming. I think this stems from the difficulty in supporting the additional affects. Vaal Lightning Strike is a must for burly single target's but not reliable for bosses.

Still having problems deciding on WED or MPD or both...MPD obviously makes the first hit stronger but consensus says it has no effect on the secondary stage.

As has been mentioned already in this thread, the ice pulse should gain projectiles as the gem levels, just like the chain on lightning increases.

I tried a CoC build taking projectile and projectile speed nodes and trying Freezing Pulse, Arctic Breath, Ball Lightning, and Ice Spear. Innervate was an amazing 6th link. 100% onslaught uptime. Again, a lot of fun, but lacks the damage to do bosses. My favourite combo is FP and BL.

A high quality Elemental Proliferation is very effective. I think the 140% mana multi is bullsh!t though. The damage loss is already punishment enough. The nerf hammer struck too hard here.

One can reliably run Innervate or Hypothermia or Ice Bite in the links.

Dual-wield Gemini Claws. Problem with mana - SOLVED!
However, for Molten Strike (for example), just one Gemini Claw could be enough....

Here are supports i find useful for this gem:
Multistrike (+more DPS, +more stable secondary effects +more LGoH, +less manacost/hit, -hard to apply secondary effects to tough enemies)
Hypothermia (+more DPS, we chill anyway with Hatred)
WED (+more DPS)
Added Fire damage (+more DPS)
LGoH/Life leech (+hp recovery)
Physical to Lightning (+more DPS, +much better shocks, +full usage of WED, -no physical leech)
Faster Attacks (good only if you have small +AS bonus)
ICD (for crit builds)

CoC/LGoH for it is not so good, because AoE effect dont hit the same target you hit with melee (unlike Static/Molten strike)

And you're right, damage is quite underwhelming (as it dont hit main target twice), and manacost is quite high too.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
thought about doing a wildstrike shadow myself...
would some1 of ggg would be so kind to explain the mechanics behind this skill?
"
Equandor wrote:

>100 * 1,1 = 110
>You hit monster for 44 phys and depending on the element chosen you release wave, projectile or chain that deals 66 damage of its element.

This is incorrect. You deal 44 Phys + 66 Elemental to the initial target, then fires off an Explosion, an Icy Wave, or a Chain Lightning that deals 44 Phys + 66 Elemental.

Also, from what people have said, the secondary effect does not hit the initial target.
Last edited by darkwolf7786 on Jul 16, 2015, 8:19:01 PM
"
darkwolf7786 wrote:
"
Equandor wrote:

>100 * 1,1 = 110

This is incorrect. You deal 44 Phys + 66 Elemental to the initial target, then fires off an Explosion, an Icy Wave, or a Chain Lightning that deals 44 Phys + 66 Elemental.

Also, from what people have said, the secondary effect does not hit the initial target.

Are you positive the chain or explosion or wave won't hit the main target as well? I mean that would mean that your single target dps is just the straight dps on tooltip, and the arcs never come back to initial target? doesn't make much sense.
Last edited by SEOINAGE on Jul 16, 2015, 11:51:03 PM
Hi

As mentioned before many, many times, could someone officially clarify all aspects of this skill? Pretty please?

What I am particulary interested is if all the secondary effects of this skill count as projectiles and can be scaled with projectile damage and speed?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info