Wild Strike

As always, the Skill rolls for Crit once.
That does not mean the entire Skill crits.

Example:
50% Chance to Crit on the Melee swing, 10% Chance to Crit on the Elemental effects.
There are two monsters. When you initiate the attack, the Crit roll is made. It rolls from 1 to 100, if it rolls below Crit Chance, the Hit is a Crit.
You roll a 25. This is below 50 - the Melee swing Crits. This is above 10 - the Elemental effect does not Crit.

Different example:
50% Chance to Crit on both.
Two enemies. The one you do not Melee at is Cursed with Assassin's Mark (+10%).
Crit roll is a 55. The Melee swing's threshold is at 50 - does not Crit. The Elemental effect has a +10 bonus to its Crit Threshold, putting it at 60 instead - it Crits.
Disemboweling cluster.

I hesitate to take this nodes. It is powerful crit nodes, but unfortunately, only 'melee' crit. I fall in love with Wild Strike with its built-in CoC, but playing 2handed sword duelist I found it hard to get decent crit. At least I don't want to take RT so I can have little chance to apply status effect, and not waste sword spec's accuracy. The other sword crit nodes is at the opposite side -.-

simple question : is it still worth to take Disemboweling for my 2h sword spec, even if just for the initial hits? My set up is WS-MS-FA-[any suggestion for my 3rd support?]

another question [not sure if already mentioned or stated before in other pages] :
WS level 1 is 110% base damage. initial hit is 110% (60 ele/40 phy) and then another 110% (40 phy/ 60 ele) totaling 220% in one hit?
Last edited by draygourn on Aug 13, 2015, 2:53:19 PM
Level 76 Shadow playing a Edge of Madness build. Scaling damage through elemental auras and heralds. Supporting Wild Strike with Multistrike, Faster Attacks, and Innervate. Like most melee skills, Wild Strike feels a bit clunky to use before Multistrike. For the most part, the different elemental effects effectively combine to clear the majority of the screen. Unless playing with a very high DPS build, this skill struggles to effectively deal damage against bosses that summon several adds; rare monster packs with the Allies Cannot Die aura can also be difficult encounters. In summary, Wild Strike feels great to play with and is, for the most part, an effective skill. I would suggest scaling the number of projectiles fired (1@lvl1, 2@lvl11, 3@lvl21) and changing the explosion to originate at the centre of the character but with a reduced radius.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I played a bit with Wild Strike and I have a sensation that this gem suffers with low accuracy rating. I am playing a ranger with one-handed sword/shield and she loses some strikes often, besides she has a dexterity above 300 points!!! Maybe weapon range ... I don't know!

Is this normal to Wild Strike?
Please buff the gem. There have been many problems with it named in this thread already...
i really wanted to like this skill... played with it from lvl 1 to lvl 21/20
but every time you die because you were just out of melee range and didn't generate any effects... its just garbage.

this skill needs QoL something like lightningstrike moltenstrike icecrash have... generate the effect on swing. frostblades suffers the same...

switched to moltenstrike and half a level went by like a breeze :P
Last edited by waffenheimer on Aug 26, 2015, 4:04:50 PM
BUMP and BUFF (or better lets say FIX) the Gem with its many issues! please!!!
"
waffenheimer wrote:
i really wanted to like this skill... played with it from lvl 1 to lvl 21/20
but every time you die because you were just out of melee range and didn't generate any effects... its just garbage.

this skill needs QoL something like lightningstrike moltenstrike icecrash have... generate the effect on swing. frostblades suffers the same...

switched to moltenstrike and half a level went by like a breeze :P

Frost Blades got at least a higher attack range (i testet both while lvling)
I found Wildstrike more "fun and blingbling" But Frostblades was superior... The Weaponrange makes a HUGE difference. This tiny swingrange from WS makes it really crap and clunky for clearing... SUPERBEAUTIFULL skill with SUPERCRAP gameplay
How does Wild Strike interact with Phys to lightning support?

1)50% of phys is converted to lightning, then of the 50% phys remaining, 60% is converted to the element of Wild Strike choice

2)100% of damage is elemental, in a proportion that I do not know how to calculate.

I was thinking of linking it to phys to lightning and WED so that I'd get the full effect on WED, but if it works as mentioned in 1) it might not be worth it.
"
zeeh34 wrote:
How does Wild Strike interact with Phys to lightning support?

1)50% of phys is converted to lightning, then of the 50% phys remaining, 60% is converted to the element of Wild Strike choice

2)100% of damage is elemental, in a proportion that I do not know how to calculate.

I was thinking of linking it to phys to lightning and WED so that I'd get the full effect on WED, but if it works as mentioned in 1) it might not be worth it.
its number 2, and should be roughly 45% lightning and 55% the random element.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info