Flame Dash

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jul 11, 2021, 3:22:12 AM
Only thing I have to say about Flame Dash is that the targeting is a little bit wonky. If you don't shift-click and click out of the skill's maximum range, you walk over before teleporting. This can be kind of clunky in the middle of chaotic fights. Consider just making your character just teleport the maximum range in the direction clicked if the player clicks outside of the skill's range.

Aside from that, it does what it's supposed to do. No complaints.
Why doesn't Spell Echo work with Flame Dash? Flame Dash works with Echoing Tempests and is neat.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
I'm realy liking this skill gem as a alternative to lightning warp for mobility.. and it works great for opening chests :) I have it linked to faster casting but curios as to what others have set up. Can't wait to mess around w/it more
"
sfangwb wrote:
Only thing I have to say about Flame Dash is that the targeting is a little bit wonky. If you don't shift-click and click out of the skill's maximum range, you walk over before teleporting. This can be kind of clunky in the middle of chaotic fights. Consider just making your character just teleport the maximum range in the direction clicked if the player clicks outside of the skill's range.

100% agree
"Embrace the darkness"
"
jerkan7 wrote:
"
sfangwb wrote:

100% agree

200% agree
Stay up-to-date: gggtracker.com
"
alcezs wrote:
I'm realy liking this skill gem as a alternative to lightning warp for mobility.. and it works great for opening chests :) I have it linked to faster casting but curios as to what others have set up. Can't wait to mess around w/it more

I had it linked to PCoC and Increased Crit Chance for a bit (and of course FC :P). Wasn't yet reliable enough to warrant the sockets, but I'm going to try it again when I have better Crit Chances.

Also: Flame Dash is awesome. It can even kill swarmer mobs with the occasional Crit here and there, which is fun to watch.
I just started using this skill yesterday, and so far I'm really liking it a lot. It seems like this is the movement skill that bow and wand users have been waiting for (and by "bow and wand users" I mean "me, while playing builds that use bows or wands"). I especially like the fact that you actually teleport while using it, so it can be used to cross pits, etc. Great skill. I do echo the first poster's sentiments about shift-clicking is required to use the skill without having your character jog forward a bit before using it, but it still works fine.
This skill has the COOLEST interaction with cast on crit - every time you crit you fucking dash through the mobs like an action movie swordsman. The only problem is... the charges! Please oh please add in a way to circumvent the charges, whether it's by spending frenzies or power charges or something! I would LOVE to do a cast on crit flame dash build but as it is you get to do 3 cool dashes then you sit there looking a bit lemony : (

I'm doing cast on crit wild strike and I did a crit where a lightning bolt went out, and I did 3 dashes ALMOST INSTANTLY exactly along the line of the arcing lightning bolt. I CANNOT OVERSTATE HOW FUCKING COOL THIS INTERACTION IS!!!! PLEASE MAKE IT GAMEPLAY SOMEHOW GOD BLESS

Little video showing it off - it's slow because I had to wait for charges Q_Q

https://youtu.be/dKVJIoCeARA
Last edited by TinyAngryCrab on Jul 14, 2015, 8:55:12 PM
"
rz2yoj wrote:
"
jerkan7 wrote:
"
sfangwb wrote:

100% agree

200% agree

same here. this is why i dropped this gem. i didn't like this behaviour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info