**Tyr's Experimental Pure Elemental Bow Marauder that Shouldn't Be**

Greetings Marauder people. I come to you with an experimental variant of a flexible, multi-class build I have been developing for some time now. I have read a few somewhat similar methods such as VenatorPoE's exceptionally well written Shocker build. The difference between the two is dps high risk vs safety & not gonna die ever.

My now lvl 63 Marauder is the first non-shadow I have applied this non-physical, elemental damage method to. This is a gear specific test which utilizes the two arrows fired from a Death's Harp. The destruction wrought from 2 Lightning Arrows with 110% chance to pierce (thanks to the support and Proj Weakness) is complimented by Ice Shot + Chain + Increased AOE passives + Projectile Weakness (sometimes ranged attack totem).

The experience going into a2 Merci was rather straight forward, fun, & SAFER than the shadow variant...

at least until The Covenant happened....

Here is where it gets weird and feedback would be appreciated. I've never used Blood Magic before. This has been one improv on another for the last few days. I have hacked away 10 points off my original build. Its beginning to feel REALLY OP...but there is something that is missing. It's not resolved.

Here is where I am at on the skill tree
Level 65

The original theorycrafted version looks like this
Endgame Build

Videos

It's AWESOME throwing down an endless barrage of dps without ever running out of mana. That statement deserves its own paragraph.
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
Last edited by Tyranthal on Feb 11, 2013, 6:59:22 PM
This is the gear I am using. Suggestions for gear would be greatly appreciated. I havent begun crafting or buying up better gear yet. Trying to save orbs! Im terrible at saving orbs.

Rings

Ammys

Armor

Bow & Quivers

Flasks
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
Last edited by Tyranthal on Feb 11, 2013, 12:06:07 PM
First of all, this thread needs some love. If you want a Marauder Bow build that provides a Mana alternative to Blood Magic, then look no further. Tyr has a very active and informative thread over in the Shadow section. It's definitely worth checking out.

Hey Tyr! I am a disciple of your Shadow Pure Elemental Bow build (found here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/47194). I was in my early 50s enjoying your spec, but it felt a little too "glass-cannony" at times. I was looking at your Marauder link on your shadow thread and thought I would give that build a chance. So far (level 40), survivability (and dmg) is way better than I expected. I'm definitely not disappointed in this build, though it may be due to some saved up gear from my stash.

After grabbing Soul Siphon at level 40, I'm not sure where to go next in my passives. I'm thinking Divine Toughness and Static Blows. Or should I start making my way towards Lightning Walker and that nice Ranger area?

Currently I'm running Anger with:
4L - LA, LMP, Chain, Life Gain on Hit
4L - Frenzy, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Dmg, Life Leech
Bear traps as needed
Rejuv totem until I get spell totem with summon skeletons
and finally Burning Arrow & Ice shot linked to Weapon Elemental Dmg - which I find I'm using less and less

My skills will eventually include some more auras probably, but I'm still unsure what I will run besides Frenzy, Lightning Arrow, Spell Totem, and Bear Trap (It's hard to let go of Burning Arrow). Any suggestions and feedback are appreciated in this area.

Thanks for another great guide!
The Chaos damage on that unique armor is undeniably sweet, but can you really justify it on a marauder that so easily can get the Blood magic keystone anyways, and so many other nearby sweet nodes?

I'm playing around with a bit more hybrid physical/elemental version that uses bloodmagic...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS42uvKcCyjZYVcN0iGezacwFCBQRxiRAec26DpS37-GYFYEYVKfy2CIKLXvTjIJQKAFLcRYJ9VgS3rvdO1Yr3gNqW618m6qMn4n7ayqcql82cT2PQ8ki3y7njxN2Ix2gW8EswJxFE2iADKJd-VX4oM4nYBgbd3zXcZG17UERUcy0biTDH0Qf8ae97525zrY7DgaOKeEkFUhYHTxnrnz3Q==

I'm mostly worried about decreasing returns on all the % bonus elemental damage, since they all apply additively, if you already have +50%, another +10% is really more like +7% effectively... On the other hand, there is useful synergies with increasing the most possible as well...

Also, you have to invest in a lot of int nodes that don't really give you anything (apart from ES bonus), seven int nodes is pretty expensive skillgrimage northward, just wondering if it's really worth it?

Edit: also, any particular reason you avoided Lava Lash?
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
Last edited by cryptc on Feb 13, 2013, 7:05:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info