What happened to the Scion's lines?

It has been a while since I last played, but I remember the Scion having awesome lengthy dialogue upon defeating various quest monsters. Now they either seem to be missing or just changed to something boring and completely forgettable. Makes her a lot less fun to play without those awesome lines.

Edit: I guess I'm done. My favorite part of the game is gone. A character with no character is just an empty shell. Tons of games already offer that.
Last edited by Kldran on Jul 11, 2015, 3:26:57 AM
I miss the Scion's old dialogue as well. As noted in the other thread going on over in general discussion, I would prefer GGG give us the option to choose whether or not to use her old, more verbose dialogue, or her new, lifeless dialogue.

The old Scion had personality! Now I'm just piloting a mindless automaton.
Supporting the restoration of the Scion's original dialogue.
For this to happen they'd likely need to give every character extensive voice acting a to make an option to cut it back, viable. I mean it'd be silly to only have just 1 character with extensive voice acting. That would be the main way for them to satisfy both groups of players.

Alternatively just add an option to silence all story related dialog and put back the Scion's full dialog.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I really miss her old dialogue. It wouldn't be so bad if hew new lines weren't so boring. I find myself filling in her lines in my head every time I enter a new area for the first time. I especially miss her commentary on all the in-game lore.
I have to say, I loved the old Scion dialogue. This new one is very generic and is simply not as good as the old ones(the quality of the actual lines not the voice acting). After the Brutus fight she used to yell Curse you, Brutus! Curse your symbols and curse your bloody murdered empire! I would have listened... I would have understood!" now she says soemthing like "*heavy breathing* You remind me of my ex husband". It was the most boring thing I've heard in a while. And the "Can I not have but a moments respite?" that pops up every time you use something on a cooldown(all the time that is). She feels more like a bitch now, and alot less like the sophisticated lady that she used to be.

So can you please consider brining the old voice lines back for the older areas and mix them with the new ones when killing mobs? I would pay in the store to bring them back.
Agreed. I still hear the old lines echoing in my head, and the new ones are just so bland. However on the day of launch I read some dev saying that they where on some type of temp audio files, and would need new voice-acting across the board. So lets hope they bring it bac.

That said, if they dont, they have taken away what was definately one of the most imersing, emotionaly engaging and atmosperic parts of the game. The scions old lines really brought the world to life in a uniqe way. And they should add that in for the others, not remove it for her. After all, its not like they lac talent in the story/atmosphere department
I mostly play Scions and I loved the old super dramatic lines. She's so lifeless now. I think this is a case of GGG listening to a very vocal minority and making a change that hurts the game.

It was really nice to have one character that had something to say about everything.
Any chance GGG will see this and revert the changes or make it optional or something?
I hope they put the old ones back ;(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info