What exactly are the armor penalties?

The passive node "Art of the Gladiator" near the Duelist tree "Removes all movement penalties from armor". What exactly are the penalties? If a Witch wears plate, is the only consequence for her that she is less likely to get the stats she wants on her gear, or are there more punishing consequences?
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Movement penalties. You get -8% movespeed for equipping a STR or STR/INT chestpiece or a STR shield, and -4% for equipping chestpieces or shields of other types.

...Actually those numbers may be slightly off but they're close, and I can't find them all on the wiki immediately.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Ah, thanks guys. So it appears that the only consequence is movement speed. Movement speed is important, but not mission critical imo.

Now if only the armor formulas scaled in a more linear fashion ...
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
"
Winterfury wrote:
Ah, thanks guys. So it appears that the only consequence is movement speed. Movement speed is important, but not mission critical imo.

Depends on your build.
With the high monster damage and the reduced aggro totems/minions can draw in 2.0, movement speed is crucial for dual totem builds and ranged chars in general.
as far as I am aware the assassins has no penalty, it just has the +3% implicit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info