Cruel Piety killed, but quest not finished

Hi!

I'm running a heavy summoner (named RottenDamnation) and just killed Cruel Piety yesterday (it was tough as hell).
Strange that I still have it my quest log, looted the tower key and went forward to Merciless.

I used only Raise Zombie, Summon Skeletons (with Spell Totem) and Raise Spectre and Punishment curse.
When she died I could loot the stuff she dropped including the Tower Key required to finish the act/difficulty but I could not talk with the NPCs in town regarding killing her and getting the 2 passive points.
Later on I might just go back and kill her again to be sure to get the skill points, but right now (for survivability) it would be nice to have those points.

My guess is that she killed herself with Punishment on my minions and I did not get credit for the quest that way.

So if you can "force" finish the quest and grant me the points, I would appreciate that, if not, then at least please try to fix this so others won't run into this problem. :)
Summoners for life ... and death!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I just killed Brutus on merciless difficulty, i went out the door and took the WP back to town only to realise that i couldnt turn it in to Tarkleigh , the quest in my log says to go back and talk with him and when i try to take the WP back to prisoners gate ( the wp i took to get back to town) i dont have the required quest state, even though i've already been at that WP.
Well I'm farming Merciless Ledge right now, and without killing Piety I couldn't have progressed further.
But as I see it's not that unique problem.
i killed brutus with a burning effect via burning arrow -> had to redo him

can confirm a bug like this sort of
Had the same thing with merc Vaal
Eventually I killed her again (now without Punishment), though that reminds me that I use Added Fire on my Zombies, so maybe Elemental Status Ailments (or whatever it's called) is the root of the problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info