chancing items

Can someone explain how exactly this works? Ive chanced hundreds of items and gotten no uniques (granted i only chance for high end items, like void battery, shavs, kaoms, etc.) And today while reading some wiki info it stated that some of these items (void battery is the one i read specifically) requires a certain item level, but i read somewher eon the forums that the item level requirement was removed...

So which is true? and is there maybe a chart somewhere that shows which items have the best chancing rate?
"
gubaguy wrote:
Can someone explain how exactly this works? Ive chanced hundreds of items and gotten no uniques (granted i only chance for high end items, like void battery, shavs, kaoms, etc.) And today while reading some wiki info it stated that some of these items (void battery is the one i read specifically) requires a certain item level, but i read somewher eon the forums that the item level requirement was removed...

So which is true?
Both. Void Battery will only drop with ilvl 77+. However, while it was true for a short time that you could only chance a Void Battery from an ilvl 77+ Prophecy Wand, this requirement was indeed removed and any Prophecy Wand will work.

"
and is there maybe a chart somewhere that shows which items have the best chancing rate?
It's dependent upon the item's drop tier. Our knowledge of this is quite fuzzy because we have very little official information and empirical research is extremely expensive. That said, we know that Void Battery, Mjolner and Shavs (the most common uniques that people try to chance) are all at the highest rarity tier, and that the chance of chancing one is one in several thousand.

It's still generally agreed that it's best to try to chance these items over more common uniques, because they sell for soooo much more. Otherwise you might as well just sell your chances instead.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Chancing bypasses item level requirements, so any prophecy wand can potentially be chanced into VB, regardless of the normal ilvl (76?) requirement for it to drop.

The specific numbers aren't actually known, but chancing odds follow the four rarity tiers of uniques. Items like shavs, kaoms, mjolner etc are the rarest items in the game, and I would guess that the odds are 1 in several thousand to chance them.

Having chanced THOUSANDS of items over the last few years I've only been successful in getting 3 top uniques (kaoms, voltaxic, CoE) so I wouldn't be too bent out of shape for not getting anything in a few hundred chances.

IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Roughly 900-1200 per Voll Devotion, estimated.

Source: have chanced 19 of them since Torment League.

/e Disclaimer: numbers be higher or lower depending on your RNG.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 4, 2015, 10:55:22 PM
"
allsunsdawn wrote:

my RNG is only for trash items... examples, ive been trying to 6L a self crafted bow for months, everytime i get a stack of fusings i burn through them trying to 6L it, but a crappy infractem i only wanted to 5l i get 6l in 23 fusings.

Same with a staff i had, had like 16% cast, mana regen, and +2 fire, perfect for SRS build, cant even 6s it, but some worthless ilvl 59 staff with only +2 fire, 6l in 6 fusings.

RNGesus hates me with a passion.
"
gubaguy wrote:
"
allsunsdawn wrote:

my RNG is only for trash items... examples, ive been trying to 6L a self crafted bow for months, everytime i get a stack of fusings i burn through them trying to 6L it, but a crappy infractem i only wanted to 5l i get 6l in 23 fusings.

Same with a staff i had, had like 16% cast, mana regen, and +2 fire, perfect for SRS build, cant even 6s it, but some worthless ilvl 59 staff with only +2 fire, 6l in 6 fusings.

RNGesus hates me with a passion.

Rough, haha. I usually don't dump fuses until I build up around 1,000 or so just for safety sake. Have had some decent luck in recent months, including a 6L Harb (now a 311 pDPS for sale) in 11 fuse with Whetstones, and a 6L Shav in 200. But it's a cycle. I've rage sold a Belly before for 1 ex because I couldn't 6L it in over 1.7K
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info