Fun builds?

As in topic looking for fun/entertaining builds / build idea

I get bored fast of one skill wonders so i'm more for complex builds.

Sadly the more versatile you want your character to become the weaker you end up as whole.

So builds that manage that ?

Spoiler

In past i had attack-spell coc hybrid, fun but madly gear hungry.
Another was RF point blank caster but it didn't work out.
That's highly subjective and we got no idea what playstyle do you find fun.

Personally, I had a lot of fun with summoner hybrids, they are more active than a classic summoner, can be built in many flavors and typically use a large selection of skills. Fairly capable, too, as long as you don't expect miracles.

Or simply make something weak, you will need to use more skills just to stay alive.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
There will be a Summoner Unique Bow
Make a Build around it. It seems interesting
Yes it is very subjective obviously but i can't really make it more precise. It is not about playstyle since i don't mind melee/ranged/caster/summoner but about having bigger toolset then just one skill.

Like for single target "skill" for aoe "skill"+splash/LMP while buffs/curse are handled by triggers.

On summoners - yea summoners are natively interesting becasue you can use various spectres with one build. But then i'm not to keen on flooding the screen with crap, so i tried to theorize build that would just use spectres and not zombies/skeletons but even with that unique jewel i can not come up with one where not using said minions wouldn't be purely gimping myself.

EDIT: @Null's Inclination - its cool but vs single target/bosses it will be just pure suffering. That bow doesn't really do much damage ...
Last edited by Stt3r0 on Jul 4, 2015, 1:44:44 PM
don't know about 80+ much on higher 74+ maps but getting crit/elem based or attack/sword or other based build. definitely trying it with other chars than witch later.

that way you can change the gear / weapons on the fly and use already placed skill gems with them. it takes time to set but you can play with one char lot of time.

can be taken as "test" char how high you wanna go but playing for fun it's kinda good.

ps. highest hp/es still now 1,3/3,5k

"
so i tried to theorize build that would just use spectres and not zombies/skeletons but even with that unique jewel i can not come up with one where not using said minions wouldn't be purely gimping myself.

how about using them as multisrike defence and rain arrows / or some other afterwards.
even without any passives they survive good in 74 maps althought only with them you need lot of corpses / maybe desecrated

there's master craft on chest that animate guardian will prop items when died.

if keeping the screen clean of any unnecessary actions... ideas ?
lightning totems with 50 change to flee and other flanking stuff.
dialla is in horror of lioneyes watch burning in the morning glory.
something in eye. proofing boofing ceiling a top
teleports to distant vacuum
is there cockroaches?
Last edited by wicursxenon on Jul 4, 2015, 2:26:37 PM
"
wicursxenon wrote:
there's master craft on chest that animate guardian will prop items when died.

Just the chest item. I'm using the skill on every summoner I got just because I like it, but it's a major pain in the butt to maintain.

"
Stt3r0 wrote:
On summoners - yea summoners are natively interesting becasue you can use various spectres with one build. But then i'm not to keen on flooding the screen with crap

Right, that's the idea, the bow summoner I got uses just AG and three melee spectres as meat shield (statues are the most durable and frog chimeras the most useful). It also raises animated weapons with leftover mana between enemy packs, uses Split Arrow as main and Blink/Mirror arrow for mobility and assistance with killing tougher enemies. I wanted to get a poltergeist-themed summoner :)
I'll probably manage to fit Null in that build if I respec to projectile damage scaling instead of physical, should be pretty interesting.

Besides that one, I got a 2H ground slam/dominating blow templar that also uses AG and spectres for tanking while doing the bulk of damage from midrange and converting isolated enemy clusters. He can squeeze out better dps than the bow guy but he's also slower and easier to pin down, especially if you misjudge the situation and go in to convert when you should stay back. Also, dominating blow is pretty much 'flooding the screen with crap with shiny crosses above their heads'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info