How the hell are ppl rolling stats like this?

I am really interested, is this crafted, just curious, because it has the double of the pDPS than the 1 handeds, which are considered decent and it also has crit critmulti and accuracy so if we consider u are not a resolute technique player then all the stats are useful...

If it is crafted then its not crafted with the rustic stash+whetstone recipe, just being made with transmutes augments and regals (and scourings)?

Also it has to have 78 itemlevel to have a chance for decent rolls?
And is it worth trying to craft or just ID the rares i get?

Every time I ID some high level rare weapon, I get troll rolls with elemental dmg, seriously, who the hell plays with elemental dmg melee weapons? It scales with nothing (weapon passives for example only scales with phys and 99% of the melee skills) and on top of it u can't even leech.
Weapons like those are crafted. Estimated cost to craft a weapon with all T1 rolls like this is 2000 to 3000 ex. This one could be more since it's a scepter so there's spell rolls in there as well. They are crafted so they can be mirrored, not to be sold (usually).

In theory, you do have a chance of having it drop like that. It's probably close to 1 in a quadrillion (is that even a word? Just put a couple dozen 0s after the 1).
looks like crafted with eternal/exalt method.

its the way how the best items in game are created. You can try it but Id not recommend it unless you have hundreds of exalts
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I would even be satisfied with a high % phys, some flat phys and attack speed, but get nothing or if i get there are no space left for crafted mods because it has 7 mods, which of 5 are useless.

By the way insane :)
I think it's just better buy something with 300 dps, but maybe some day i will try this :DD
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 3, 2015, 8:49:15 AM
The thing is it's not really worth the effort. Even if you alt a T1 %damage roll on a weapon, regal it into a 2-mod rare and add the rest of the mods with elreon's recipe you will get, say, a 250-280dps onehander which is significantly cheaper to buy than what multimod costs, so that's a bit of a mod pricing fail there.

Unless we're talking about a crit weapon, probably, but then you also need to roll a prefix with regal and you can't get a hybrid, so you have the room for both crit chance and attack speed and it will still be pretty close to the market price for such an item. As the gamblers say - even if a house doesn't win, it will at least cut it even.

Trying not to even think what crafting something like that scepter will cost using eternal/ exalt. The trouble with rolling mods is the chance starts to drop after tier4-5 and T1 damage or hybrid is around 20 times less likely to roll than bottom mod tiers. Crafting something like that from scratch won't make you money unless it's the best item on the server so you can offer it for mirroring, It's the satisfaction of owning something like that (and probably not really having anything better to do with your money).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 3, 2015, 9:14:50 AM
Regarding the 'troll rolls' with elemental damage, I'm pretty sure elemental damage scales with elemental damage nodes, like the ones the shadow and the templar can start out with, plus the passives for each specific element above the witch. Not sure if that can compete though, but my first character was and still is a lightning shadow, and he sure got better DPS with lightning weapons than with regular weapons that just had better physical DPS. Not a particularly successful build, and in Cruel Act 2 he switched to Kinetic Blast, so I can't say that melee weapons with elemental damage are definitely for winners. But fast melee weapons with elemental damage seems popular for Spectral Throw. Though that has apparently been nerfed, so again, maybe not for winners?
"
Gillsing wrote:
Regarding the 'troll rolls' with elemental damage, I'm pretty sure elemental damage scales with elemental damage nodes, like the ones the shadow and the templar can start out with, plus the passives for each specific element above the witch. Not sure if that can compete though, but my first character was and still is a lightning shadow, and he sure got better DPS with lightning weapons than with regular weapons that just had better physical DPS. Not a particularly successful build, and in Cruel Act 2 he switched to Kinetic Blast, so I can't say that melee weapons with elemental damage are definitely for winners. But fast melee weapons with elemental damage seems popular for Spectral Throw. Though that has apparently been nerfed, so again, maybe not for winners?

Spoiler
The thing is with theese elemental rolls, i know u can pick up a few ele dmg nodes, but unles u got all the 3 type of ele dmg on the weapon it is just weak, and don't tell me you are going to get all the 3 type of elemental nodes, because that is a lot wasted passive for a minor dmg increase.

Lot melee skills have phys to ele conversion (molten, lightning, static strike, infernal blow etc etc converts 50% phys to ele), so ele dmg nodes from templar and shadow works well with them (+ weapon elemental dmg, added fire dmg, hatred ...), and you would get much less from a 300 ele dps weapon than from a 200 pds weapon.
And here comes the weapon spec nodes, that is like 100-200% increase to phys dmg, you can just vendor that elemental weapon.

Never played spectral throw, but when i checked a few guide and looked at the cost of the builds i rather choose not to try it out.

Btw if the weapon nodes would give us "dmg dealth with x weapons" then it would be much better, but with the current situation elemental dmg suck balls.
There is that 2 handed axe which is dual wield actually, can't recall the name, that is in my opinion the worst weapon ever in the game, it has some low ele dmg, expensive to get you some links, also dual wield is weak now, and even if u wanted dual wield nodes you would get nothing out of it just some low block chance and some crit, but no dmg.

TL;DR
You get more ele dmg out of a phys weapon with hatred and added fire dmg than from a pure ele dmg weapon.

Edit: looked up that weapon and actually wings of entropy is not that bad, if you have a close to max roll it can have around 300 pDPS, not sure if thats both main and off hand dmg or half of them each, also no idea how DW works, but u could buy it under 1 chaos so i think that means it is not a popular weapon.
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 3, 2015, 9:58:05 AM
"
krenderke wrote:
Edit: looked up that weapon and actually wings of entropy is not that bad, if you have a close to max roll it can have around 300 pDPS, not sure if thats both main and off hand dmg or half of them each, also no idea how DW works, but u could buy it under 1 chaos so i think that means it is not a popular weapon.

It's like dual-wielding two 250-260 dps weapons and will do similar dps with cleave as a 440 dps 2Hander so it's fairly popular as a cheap endgame unique in the vein of Doomsower or Kaom's Pimacy. It's cheap because it's fairly common.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
The thing is it's not really worth the effort. Even if you alt a T1 %damage roll on a weapon, regal it into a 2-mod rare and add the rest of the mods with elreon's recipe you will get, say, a 250-280dps onehander which is significantly cheaper to buy than what multimod costs, so that's a bit of a mod pricing fail there.

Trading for master-craft quality items will always be cheaper than crafting, at least in populated leagues that aren't completely new - regardless of the price of the mod. Otherwise people would keep crafting and selling until the market price goes down to equal the average crafting cost.
The only question is how much cheaper it is to buy than to craft, which is dependant on the age and population of the league.

Last edited by Zed_ on Jul 3, 2015, 12:11:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info