Redeeming Microtransactions possible? If no, why not?

By redeeming, I mean not the coins, but the actual cosmetic stuff bought from shop.

For example, I would like to buy a 50coin pet. But if I don't like it I want to cancel the transaction and reclaim my 50coins (which removes the pet from my inventory). Then maybe I would like to try out some skin and check that out etc. etc.

This way, the amount you spend in real $ would correspond to how many cosmetics you can have simultaneously and I think it would be reaaaly great.

In my point of view, I have 50 coins right now and I want to buy a 150 coin pet. But I do not wish to spend some extra cash just to find out if I like it or not. If I were able to redeem that pet, then maybe I would change my mind and be able to decide 'Ok I dont want this pet anymore, instead I'll use this 75coin pet and 75coin footprint'. With this logic, I am more guaranteed to spend my coins to the cosmetics that please me. Otherwise, microtransactions are like making a gamble for me, and I don't even want to try out 150c pet since I may found more useful things. Damn, I am not even able to spend my 50coins because I am not sure if I will be pleased with what I buy.

In short, I would like to change what I buy from the shop, and I think this would encourage more people to spend on the game. Don't you think so? Why not?

This post goes to waste if those transactions are acutally redeemable :) I'd be glad to hear that !!
If you are unsatisfied with an mtx, email support and they might be able to refund it. But what you're asking for is missing the point. Under your system, i can buy points once and then have all the microtransactions I want as long as I give back the what I am not going to use anymore. How would they make any money that way?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
No, it's impossible, the policy is there are no refunds for microtransactions under any circumstances short of some glitch in the system. You won't get your money back even if you misclicked and bought something (that actually happened to me once so I asked for a confirmation dialogue in suggestions).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Well, it's so sad that it's not possible. Now I am not going to spend my 50 miserable coins and will not get more coins as well...

I don't think what I am asking misses the point at all. In fact, it encourages to buy more coins.

If you have spent 1000+ coins with this system, I understand that you don't want other people to have access to the things you do. But would not it be great if you could switch your micro-transactions?

For example, having spent -let's say- 1000 coins worth $, I would like any character of mine to have a skin effect on any weapon he/she uses. I would actively change the skin of the weapon that character uses, and it would be great.

Now if I want to attach some wings to the character in addition to the skin effect, I would need to go spend more $.

I think it makes much more sense this way, and -at least for me- it encourages me to spend more and more.
You're missing the big picture. If you have 1000 coins, you can buy all the mictransactions you want to outfit the character you are playing. If you can trade them all in you can outfit the next character with 1000 coins worth of mtxes as well. So you will never need to buy coins again. How can GGG give up their only source of income by letting you spend the same money over and over?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info