Flow's RF 2handed 82 fire res 16,29% regen hp life based

Hello everyone! I didnt think that one day I'll make a thread, where Im explaining aboutmy build. Since Ive started playing PoE, I copied builds, which I saw on a Youtube, Poe forums etc.
I didnt even think that I can do my own build. Just didnt think about it at all.

Ive been playing PoE about 1,5 year and may be the most interesting build for me was RF marauder. Since I saw this build on Youtube, I was trying to copy it. But after I did it, I realised that I dont like it at all. I dont say that this build is bad, just not for me.

Another build which I like was incinerate.It's pretty cool and can do really a lot of dmg IMO.
Another my build was Scion incinerate(I was trying to do that by my own). But I thought I was missing smthing, I wanted to change this build somehow.

There is RF Incinerate build, and I know this. But I didnt like that it requiers shield - Rise of the Phoenix or another rare shield with -% DoT taken.

Thats why I tried to change it somehow and I think that it works.
Anyway, Im still working on this build. And would like to hear your opinion about it and about what should I change in it.

So, here we go.

Offence

Spoiler

Buffed

Defence

Spoiler

Buffed

Link to my build

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAAdwEswUtBg4J9gxfDXwUIBkuGj4byBynHNwdqifVJ-0o-ikuKaUqUyyFL281kjwtQYdDMUWdRnFM_04qU1JTpVcNV8laGlugXz9hIWKVaHRo8nC7dO108XgNeu98DnxLfLh99X5Zf8aCHoKbgseE2YTvhTKIQpMnlKCWdJo7muCezZ_LogCnMKdVqW6tja9ssnC0DLXytkG3Pr6KwGbBxcRYxLjE9sauz37SIdR81abV-NhN2L3ZE9lh2mLbC-Fz4Yji6uq66-7sGO087w7wH_Gs9kj56P4K

There 2 nodes, which I'll change a bit later(+1 max Frenzy charge and frenzy charge duration). Thats becuz I was using Blooddance boots.

Bandit rewards:
Norm - Oak
Cruel - kill
Merc - kill or help Oak for End charge.

I was counting a lot of time about how many hp regen and fire do I need without shield and how I can get it.
So, as it is known, there is a formula for RF to find how many hp regen and how many fire res

For hp (100-(your current fire res)*0.9
For ES (100-(your current fire res)*0.7
(may be somebody dont know, so I wrote this.)

As I wrote before, I decided to make RF without shield.

Things, which I'll need for this are a lot of hp regen and as much as possible max fire res.

With almost all hp regen nodes from passive skill tree(dont have heart of Oak) and Vitality I have right now 16.29% Hp regen per second.

Also, this ring helped me a lot. It grants hp regen, and curses on me have 20% less effect.Awesome.Also some resists.

After simple math I found that I need 82fire res to run RF without shield and about 16,2% hp regen per sec.
How can I do that?

For sure, everybody know, that Purity of Fire is important thing for RF build. On lvl 20 it grants +4 to max fire res. Plus Arsonist skill it will be +1 Max Fire res.

Right now we have +4(PoF) and + 1 Arsonist = +5 max fire res(80 total). That's not enough for sure.

I need 2 max res more to run RF. What helped me? Nodes from skill tree "Effect of auras you cast"Right now 26% increased effect of auras u cast and now PoF grants me +5 max res instead of 4.

Now I have 81 fire res. Damn it, I was thinking, I need just a little! What else can help me?
After surfing internet, I found out that there is an awesome ring Voideye.

That should work! 25 lvl PoF grants +5 to max res. And plus effect of auras you cast +6 to max res.
What do I have now:

Arsonist, Purity of fire lvl 25(with nodes from passive skill tree(inc. effect of auras))
75 + 1 + 6 = 82 max Fire res. Just what I need!
With 82 fire res I can now run RF without loosing hp.

I had a problem with Voideye, becuz of it my other resists were not capped. And that was really bad.
I was thinking how can I solve this problem. i like Voideye ring very much so I decided that I need to find smthing what can grant me + 1 max fire res.
The problem solved after I read Poewiki and found out that corrupting amulet or chest can give you +1 to all max resists. Damn it was really hard to do, so till I got that I was running with Voideye.

But finally I got it.

I was searching only for max res. other stats are good, but now for my build. I hope that some time later I can corrupt amulet for my build and get +1 max res.

About gear.
Im using Pledge of hands right now.

With pledge of hands my incinerate can be 7l

Incinerate + GMP + Faster Projectiles + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration.
Why do I dont use add chaos dmg? No reason IMO.
After I'll make it 6l, Ill also put there Iron will. Why Iron Will? Becuz I have 343 str and it will grant me more dmg of my Incinerate. 1% more spell dmg per 5str ~ 70% more spell dmg. 20q also grants 15% more spell dmg. ~85% more spell dmg.Awesome!

Helmet

Why do I choose Vertex?
+1 to socketed gems, a lot of ES(becuz I have EB - thats good for me) and some chaos res are also good.
Vaal Haste + RF +Arctic Armour + Empower(lvl 2 right now). SO socketed gems have now +3 to lvl. For RF - thats more spell dmg. For AA - more "-fire and phys dmg taken". And for Vaal Haste - more cast speed.

Chest

Reason for Atziri Splendour - armour, es, ev, resists, max life. Awesome thing for Iron reflexes and EB! Also, a very cool thing: +100 mana and life on kill, what can help me to do maps with "50% less hp/mp regen" or "no hp/mana regen".

Whyb do I dont use Kaom's heart? Becuz I need a lot of sockets and links in this build, and Kaom's Heart dont have sockets.

Heralds of Ice + Herald of Thunder + Reduced mana
Lightning Warp
Flamablity

After I linking it to 6s, Ill put there Lightning warp + faster casting + Herald of Ice + Herlad of Thunder + Reduced mana + Flamablity

Gloves
Any rare gloves with resists, max hp, ev, armour are good for this.

Mine are not so good, still trying to find better.

CWDT + End Cry+ IC + Enhance. Why enhance? Quality to IC and becuz I didnt make it 4r.:)
After 4r, Ill put there inc duration instead of enhance.

Rings
I said before about this ring

And 2nd.

Elemental weakness.

May be youll ask me, why do I have 2 curses.
Becuz of this

Boots

2 curses, more ele dmg, ele resists. So cool!
With penetration, ele weakness and flamablity bosses are melting very fast
Right now ele weakness + flamablity + fire penetration gives about -100% fire res.

Also using blooddance boots is good in this build. 3% more hp regen (if you didnt get and node from skill tree and bandit quests)

Belt

Simple and very effective. 1% life leech is enough for this build.

Amulet
As I wrote before, this kind of amulet is important for this build.

Buffs what I have

Purity of Fire + Clarity + Arctic Armour + Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder + Righteous Fire + Vitality

About maps.

Possible to do a lot of type of maps.
Very easy with curses. Vulnerability, ele weakness, temp chains, Enfeeble, More monsters, +pack etc, reflect. Very easy.

Double boss, possible. Double Piety, Dominus possible too. Just play more carefull.

Maps which can be harder to run.

-max res - Dont turn on RF. Yeah, Im lossing a of dmg, but I can run this kind of maps.
50% less hp and mp regen - dont turn on RF and AA. Possible to run
No mana and hp regen - switch faster projectiles to mana leech gem and play more careful, also grab some mana flask. Possible. Dont turn on RF and AA.

Maps, which I cant run.
Blood magic.:)

I was working about this build a lot of time. If Im not wrong this build is one of a kind. Thank you that you found time to read about this! If you have questions about it, feel free to ask!
Last edited by Bugs001 on Jun 18, 2015, 4:28:36 AM
"
Bugs001 wrote:

Also, this ring helped me a lot. It grants hp regen, and curses on me have 20% less effect.Awesome.Also some resists.

How does that ring help?

With 3000 life the 16 life reg translates to ~ 0.5% life reg/sec. The percentage would be even less with a higher life pool. You'ld have to stand around for several minutes without leeching and potting to have an impact on your life pool (and that's assuming that you have exactly the life reg required to neutralize rf). Not worth the downside of loosing the gear spot for a rare ring with better mods.

The reduced curse duration ain't that helpful either. For the occasional magnus encounter it is sufficient to carry a warding flask along which removes the curse/gives curse immunity.

BTW The offence picture ain't showing. "img" is at the wrong place.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
Bugs001 wrote:

How does that ring help?

With 3000 life the 16 life reg translates to ~ 0.5% life reg/sec. The percentage would be even less with a higher life pool. You'ld have to stand around for several minutes without leeching and potting to have an impact on your life pool (and that's assuming that you have exactly the life reg required to neutralize rf). Not worth the downside of loosing the gear spot for a rare ring with better mods.

The reduced curse duration ain't that helpful either. For the occasional magnus encounter it is sufficient to carry a warding flask along which removes the curse/gives curse immunity.

BTW The offence picture ain't showing. "img" is at the wrong place.

Thanks, I've solved problem with offence. you can watch it know.

Kikazaru helps on maps with curses. Actually I can change it to some rare, but then Ill lose regen hp. The only way to get~0,5 hp,I think, is "inc effect of auras"
I've done the maths, he needs the ring to barely get over the regen cap for RF. If he doesn't have the ring, he'll degen just for a little bit (actually insignificant but can be annoying if you run around the map for quite a long time without mobs since you'll need to use Rubys from time to time).
I don't have the numbers anymore, but that's why the ring is "useful". Even though the life regen on it is terrible.

However, this build really shows how you can make RF work even in the worse conditions. However, it plays out very poorly : you have a very low life pool and poor damage due to the necessity of taking insanely high regen on the tree. You should at least go for some aura nodes to get more max fire res out of PoF and boost Vitality a bit so you can drop the ring.

But yeah, playing a RF build without RotP is already kinda tricky and difficult to balance, but I cannot consider this build to be "good" other than the fact thats it showcases that it's possible to run RF without RotP or any Leo mod.
Overall, you lose on all aspects of the build compared to someone using a Rise of the Phenix or a shield/staff with a Leo mod.
You can't even profit from that insane life regen because even with a Ruby you won't get near 100% fire resistance :/
yeah, first reason why im using this ring is becuz of life hp.Ive pvped with rf Rotp players, and becuz of the 2 curses and fire penetration they died very fast. I agree with you, that picking some nodes with aura effect will let me not use this ring. Other thing what can work with - corrupting chest to +1 max res. actually picking some nodes and amulet with chest +1 max res can help. Sadly, but Im not going to corrupt my Atziri atm, may be some time later.

Btw, Im using rf not to deal dmg to melee attackers, Im using it for buff, becuz inc spell dmg is really insane.

May be will try changing some nodes to aura effect, thanks!
Even if you're not using RF for its burn damage, just the fact that you aren't using a second 5 or 6L in your body armour makes it totally inefficient for a RF build to go for a staff without a Leo mod.

I'm 100% sure you can achieve better DPS and better defensive stats by going for a RotP + wand or Catalyst build and a 5L on your chestpiece. I actually play a RF incinerator myself so I kinda know what the deal is about.

Your idea is fun but very very unefficient, sorry my friend :/
Already tested. 5l Jack and 99/9 Doryani. With pledge dps much bigger.
You mean, you changed your tree to account for the fact that you need much much less life regeneration for a RF Incinerator to work with RotP and Doryani's ? Since you can then dump all those passive skill points into aura nodes if you think you can get some max resists that way and damage nodes.

5k GMP Incinerate is okay but not super strong, I think you can easily get to 7+k
Its possible to do 7k dps with gmp:
1. inc cast speed to about 17 cast pers ec.
2. inc spell dmg( iron will help with this.)

No, I was using Doryani and rotp, when I didnt have pledge. after starting using pledge, dps came much bigger.
Also with pledge I have more mana. And becuz of the Mind over matter thats Pledge is useful here. Jack is good here too, but Atziri chest have more ES, more ES - more mana(becuz of the EB).Rare chest with 3 res and big ES will be good here, but it costs too much for me atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info