1.3 Cast on Crit RF armor Scion

Hello! This is my RF CoC scion that I am going to be playing probably after awakening comes out as well.

The only necessary item in this build is Rise of the Phoenix

This allows us to run RF hopefully without degen.

Now, some gem setups:
Spoiler
First is our Cast on Crit setup:
Cyclone
Cast on Critical strike
Ice Nova
Glacial cascade
Concentrated effect
Increased critical damage (We're power charge based so our spells CAN crit.)

RF setup:
Righteous Fire
Increased Area of Effect
Concentrated effect
Increased burning damage
Standard RF setup

CwDT setup:
CwDT
Enduring cry
Immortal Call
Increased duration
This is a standard CwDT setup but very effective.

Curse on hit setup:
Herald of thunder
Curse on Hit
Assassin's mark
This will proc because we crit with cyclone which shocks them, then they die and proc herald of thunder.
This goes in shield or weapon.

Aura setup:
Vitality
Reduced mana
Purity of fire
Empower
I'd put this in a geofri's crest or else replace empower with determination/herald of ice
Herald of ice for more damage + clear
Determination for Better survivability

Movement setup:
Whirling blades
Faster attacks
Blood magic
This allows us to move around quickly. Again, goes in shield or weapon.

Some good items to use in cruel+ are:
Spoiler

This gives us a high amount of life and all res.

This is used if you're confident in your survivablity and gives great AoE and damage. Also has all res.

Good for aura setup's. Has tri res and gives +1 to aura's as well as empower which in turns gives another level to our aura's. With a level 2 empower and this, our aura's gain +3 levels.

If you get enough regen, this can be used for more over all survivability because it gives +4 max res to all resistances

Passive tree:
Spoiler
10 point:

20 point:

30 point:

40 point:

50 point:

60 point:

70 point:

80 point:

90 point:

100 point:

110 point:

120 point:

The bandits' for this are:
Oak (normal) +40 flat life
Kill all, none are useful
Alira (Merciless) for the power charge. This gives us 6 power charges by the end.

Now, a few notes:
Test around to see when you're able to drop the golem's blood wheel. That will give you 8 points to play with if you don't take the bandits. If you do take bandits, 6 points.

That's the build, feel free to try it out. I'm going to be testing it out myself soon and hopefully it meets my expectations. Feel free to comment and give your idea's :)
Last edited by Alexthefake on Jun 20, 2015, 3:07:01 AM
Hi ! I'm doing the exact same build at the moment but I think to use flame surge instead of Glacial Cascade. I'm only 59 btw, but I went to the bottom side of the tree to take node like Master of Arena/Bravery/Gladiator/Golem's Blood which you only take later on. Are they necessary early on to sustain RF ? I also lack a lot of int points, how do you get them ? Thanks for sharing ! ^^

Current Tree
IGN: Vavark - Standard RF CoC Scion lvl 80
Shop : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/145941
Last edited by Varkhan on Jun 14, 2015, 6:21:39 AM
1. On my regular RF, I'm 74 and still running golem's blood but I think as soon as you grab the scion life wheel, you should be able to drop golem's blood.
2.I also had the primary stat issue (Mine was with dex) which can take a spot on gear so it can be difficult. I would definitely pick up Ancestral Knowledge to fix the issue.
3. Glacial Cascade is good because if the area is small enough, you can definitely hit them 2+ times with it so it makes decent single-Target.
4. Art of the gladiator is a good node for this because cyclone works off weapon range and so is bravery but my tree is just a guideline and you can choose to pick it up at anytime. Like I said, on my 74, I didn't grab art of the gladiator until I had 94 points but to each their own.
Thanks for your advice ! Definetly a very fun and viable build ! ^^
I'm 68 atm and it rolls on map while being tanky at the same time.

Gear
Yeah, Incase you were wondering, I used rf as soon as I could use belly since I'm an idiot and wanted a challenge. Later on you'll find carcass jack is very nice for clearing maps. Otherwise belly is a great viable option
Belly is really great and way more tanky than Carcass Jack which give us more clear speed I suppose, but I like to be invincible ahah !
I managed to sustain RF with a lvl 17 Purity of Fire with a +1 gem helm and with this passive three. So I think that your tree for level 60-80 won't give enough res/regen to sustain RF ^^
You'd be surprised how little you need once you get Rise of the pheonix. It makes a large difference when using rf. Also, I wouldn't recommend using carcass until later levels (75+).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info