Ideas for effective/fun build?

I'm looking for some ideas for a build that has good clear speed, and is fun to play. The catch is, It needs to be around the 10 exalt price range. No spectral throw builds though, I hate spectral throw :P. Any ideas guys?

Edit: 12 views in 40 minutes? Did the forums die while I was on vacation? :p
Last edited by bubblynuggets on Jun 12, 2015, 9:48:07 PM
Not necessarily dead, just a very uninteresting thread. Everyone wants a build under 10 exalt that is fun with good clear speed. I have lost count of these kind of threads and honestly don't know why I decided to look at this one. I think it was to make some kind of sarcastic remark before deciding to try to be helpful....
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
You are right, you shouldn't have looked at this thread, because you had nothing useful or helpful to say whatsoever. I'm just looking for a couple suggestions people, I need some ideas.... While I wait for this post to be deleted by moderators cause of my harsh words to you. :P

Last edited by bubblynuggets on Jun 13, 2015, 1:16:13 AM
"
bubblynuggets wrote:
While I wait for this post to be deleted by moderators cause of my harsh words to you. :P

Nah, that was fairly cute by global online interaction standards.

As you already heard, these threads are fairly uninspiring so you need to be as specific as possible, we aren't mind readers here. The idea of fun is awfully subjective so you might list some builds or concepts you found fun in the past and those that you haven't, so far we only know you hate Spectral Throw because your grandma used it to feed you as a baby so you're sick of it... say aaah, Spectral Throw coming in, just look at it spinning, buzzz... good boy.

Well, even that isn't much of a guideline, for instance, I hate bow builds and I like my bow summoner. And you should also know quite a number of people find the concepts of a 'good build' and a 'fun build' to be somewhat mutually exclusive, that bow summoner was weak as kalrathian ale.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 13, 2015, 4:47:15 AM
You're more than welcome to visit the class discussions and browse through player builds. Many cheap builds will be titled so. This game doesn't hold your hand, you shouldn't expect the player-base to do so either.
I have a few builds which requires you less than 1 exalt and work fine.

However i don't count the currency wasted on creating sockets linking and coloring them also the rare drops which I find myself.

I started an explo arrow build shadow yesterday it is really fun, since the core item is a level 5 unique bow (possible 6l or just corrupt some trash until u get an extra arrow)
It is definately not tanky and really mana hungry, but hey u shoot 2-3 times to a stack of mobs and the room is cleared, boss fights sux on low level, because on single target u are not that strong yet.

Dagger/claw + shield molten striker duelist, core item is a level 8 unique shield which gives u phys hp leech and high block, every other item is rare, maybe the projectile speed necklace can help u to land the stuff faster when u start to clear.

RF marauder, well it may be not that fun, because u can't use RF until level 65, but becomes really op after level 70 if u get the right items for it, all you need is a 4link item with 1 red 3 blue socket and a rise of the phoenix, everything else is up to u.

Btw i can use some of my uniques on all 3 build so that makes it cheaper for me haha.
Just like the curse ring, the fire dmg leech belt and the fire dmg/ignite ring.

Also if u have some fire based build ideas which use elemental equilibrium please share it with me :P
you need to be more specific on what you want, goals, preferred playstyle, skills etc

"fun build under 10ex" could be literally anything. also what people consider "fun" can vary greatly

for example all builds Ive ever made (or theorycrafted) was under 10ex and I consider fun most of them:) if you like, you can check build in my signature, it will be even better in 2.0 due to lockstep mode (= no desync with good latency). ofc its not updated to 2.0 yet

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jun 13, 2015, 11:28:23 AM
"
Ludvator wrote:
you need to be more specific on what you want, goals, preferred playstyle, skills etc

"fun build under 10ex" could be literally anything. also what people consider "fun" can vary greatly

for example all builds Ive ever made (or theorycrafted) was under 10ex and I consider fun most of them:) if you like, you can check build in my signature, it will be even better in 2.0 due to lockstep mode (= no desync with good latency). ofc its not updated to 2.0 yet

While lockstep will be good for your build, I assume your using herald of ash linked to elemental proliferation to spread the burns? In that case, 2.0 will probably overall be very bad for your build. Ele prolif now has a fixed range of 12, which I believe is the same range you get at level 1 now in the live game. On top of that, it also comes with a 30% LESS damage penalty.
Elemental proliferation. Enough said.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info