Question about legacy items

Since they were modified because of being too op, what is the point leaving them in the game?
I know it would make some player who centered their build around a specific item ragequit, but this gives them tremendous ammount of wealth and advantage agaist others.

Other question, since theese items can have insane price, they can be the only items worthy for mirroring, so can mirror be used on them?

This is not a rage thread i'm just interested behind the logic, personally the only thing caught my eye as an rf marauder was the difference between the 2 kaom's heart, read some guy's guide who has 12.5k hp but I guess that would not even reach 10k with the new kaom.
Btw i would not use kaom's since i like to have sockets in my chest.

In some cases the legacy versions were updated along with new drops. I think they just made a decision on a case by case basis looking at multiple criteria including how badly it screwed existing builds. In other cases the item got a buff, not a nerf. So the legacy version is worse. In some cases the legacy is a lot worse.
There is no "point", they exist because it's extremely impractical to go through every item on every character and every stash page to check whether it needs to be updated.

Items that retroactively changed didn't actually change themselves, but the modifiers they were pointing to had changed.

Uniques cannot be Mirrored.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 12, 2015, 12:49:46 PM
Im pretty much sure they don't change stuff like going trough everything manually.
It might be a 1 line command or just changing the destription of the item database.
Actually they had more work making it so both exist + the option to convert the old to the new with blessed/divine.

Its sad if they can't be mirrored, then what is that even good for?
Some say it's worth more than the entire server's wealth together, anyway not like it ever could be a problem, maybe its good when u have a hiper rolled rare stuff u want to corrupt to create a backup, but still u would lose money with that.
Last edited by krenderke on Jun 12, 2015, 1:10:13 PM
"
krenderke wrote:
Actually they had more work making it so both exist + the option to convert the old to the new with blessed/divine.

They need to do precisely nothing to allow both to exist. This has been discussed to death in the past, it's known how the system works.

Legacy Facebreaker has the modifier "FacebreakerUnarmed" with a value of 800-1000.
New Facebreaker has the same modifier, it's still the same item, but the range is 600-800 instead.
A Divine will reroll FacebreakerUnarmed to whatever the current range is. Old versions keep their current roll because the modifier itself hasn't changed, only its value range.

Legacy Acuities have the "AcuityLeech" modifier. It has no attached value.
New Acuities have the exact same modifier. They have not changed one bit.
However, the definition of "AcuityLeech" was changed from "Instant Leech" to "Instant Leech at 60% effectiveness". Both gloves have the same modifier, but it now has a different function; as such, older pairs change retroactively.

(making up names for the modifiers, obviously)
Hm that makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info