Upgrading from Lionseye

So guys, I'm tired of one shotting myself all day everyday. I'm not the most experienced with rangers, so forgive me. But I was looking to upgrade to a harbinger and was wondering what kind of stats I should look for, that will keep my dps on par or better than lionseye. I dont want to buy a harbinger and my dps go down and have my currency wasted. While I realize a good harbinger can be pretty pricey my budget is about 5ex. I dont need a 6L, or even a 2L; just good advice on stats or maybe an offer for a good bow would be appreciated. And if I'm sounding nooby, please feel free to knowledge me up, like I said I'm not the most experienced with rangers.

Thank you
Right, you're oneshotting yourself because reflect from Lioneye can't be evaded either, you need to go armor to counter it, usually via Iron Reflexes.

Anyway, your dps with a Harbinger depends heavily on how much have you invested in crit, but in general case what you would want on it is 280+ pDPS, 8+ crit chance and some multiplier. It would be preferable for the bow to have some attack speed rolled purely for comfort, harbinger is kinda slow. At least that's as much as you can afford.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I ran some numbers for you based off my TS/Puncture Scion, but, as Raics said these are going to come out heavily in favour of the Harbringers since I am speced for crit and Lioneye's has low crit chance.

You'll also need to take into account any flat physical and elemental damage you have from gear or auras as Lioneye's is going to be faster than any Harbringer you can get hold of.

For the little it's worth these are 4-link puncture tool tip damages while standing in town. (So no auras)

325 pdps 9.00% cc Harbringer 13,895 dps
270 pdps 5.00% cc Lioneyes 9,872 dps
188 pdps 7.40% cc Harbringer 7,584 dps

Thanks for the replies. I am running a high crit build with a very lazy eye for reflect mobs, so that happens. As for the contents of your replies, it helps a lot to know some numbers and it is very appreciated. I have an idea as to what I'm looking for now but any further information is still welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you
Don't forget to upgrade your accuracy while changing from lionseye
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
"
kaarelo wrote:
Don't forget to upgrade your accuracy while changing from lionseye

Of course, thank you :)
Hey there, what's your build? Couldn't see the character on your account. I have a character who uses crit Lioneyes and has no trouble with reflect (ign ArtemisSwordmaster if you want to take a look)

I've used acrobatics + daresso's defiance to get 46% dodge. This along with the right skills is plenty to avoid reflect.

Main attack is Ice Shot/LMP/Chain, which against phys reflect is fine, and if you accidentally shoot an ele reflect mob, you should still tank at least one shot.
Second attack is TS/GMP/LGoH for concentrated fire and ele/double reflect.

Works really well.
[2.2] Varunastra/Prismatic Eclipse DW Beserker /forum/view-thread/1604711
[2.2] Drunken Wretch - (Gladiator with The Retch + Broken Faith) /forum/view-thread/1656234

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info