Why 1 week cutthroat is already so dead?

Started to play yesterday and in every town of normal I was the only player in town!! Desperately looking for other instances to join but nobody was there. It is quite strange as I think the idea is quite funny, it's a pity
Because it stopped being fun once every zone-in was camped by people 10 levels above the zone putting 3 bear traps down so as soon as you try to move you are insta-dead.
"
Wizardhawk wrote:
Because it stopped being fun once every zone-in was camped by people 10 levels above the zone putting 3 bear traps down so as soon as you try to move you are insta-dead.

This is pretty much why I never even bothered playing. I just knew there would be way too many folks who thought it would be funny to camp out at waypoints with massively overleveled characters.

I like the idea but just couldn't be bothered dealing with that.
Because PvP simply isn't fun in an ARPG. This is not an action game like Tera or Blade & Soul where combat actually takes more skill than dependence on gear. Point/click games is simply taking turns whacking each other until one side is dead. Got better gear or skill point allocation? Yeah you'll always win unless you lag out. Oh and of course couple that with GGG's decision to let people 15 levels higher than you into the same zone. What kind of level restriction is that? How can a level 30 hope to survive against a level 45? No idea what's the logic behind that.
"
melodia1 wrote:
Because PvP simply isn't fun in an ARPG. This is not an action game like Tera or Blade & Soul where combat actually takes more skill than dependence on gear. Point/click games is simply taking turns whacking each other until one side is dead. Got better gear or skill point allocation? Yeah you'll always win unless you lag out.

Sure, that's why Diablo 2 PvP was so unsuccessful, right? /s
"
zabulba wrote:
"
melodia1 wrote:
Because PvP simply isn't fun in an ARPG. This is not an action game like Tera or Blade & Soul where combat actually takes more skill than dependence on gear. Point/click games is simply taking turns whacking each other until one side is dead. Got better gear or skill point allocation? Yeah you'll always win unless you lag out.

Sure, that's why Diablo 2 PvP was so unsuccessful, right? /s

Fact: Was Diablo 2 a PvP game? I think not. 99% of the content was focused around killing monsters and grinding for gear. Just because a game has good PvP doesn't mean it's a PvP game. ARPG's aren't meant to be focused on PvP.
Opinion: I didn't find Diablo 2 PvP fun either, but I'm not denying it had PvP that's more popular than PoE, so in some ways it's "successful", at least for an ARPG. Personally I just don't see any point in PvP in an ARPG. Not like you can time your skills to block and dodge or whatever.
"
melodia1 wrote:
Because PvP simply isn't fun in an ARPG. This is not an action game like Tera or Blade & Soul where combat actually takes more skill than dependence on gear. Point/click games is simply taking turns whacking each other until one side is dead. Got better gear or skill point allocation? Yeah you'll always win unless you lag out. Oh and of course couple that with GGG's decision to let people 15 levels higher than you into the same zone. What kind of level restriction is that? How can a level 30 hope to survive against a level 45? No idea what's the logic behind that.

sorry not agree my best pvp ever d2 and lod everything before patch 1.10 :) ,,after Enigma the game die
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Jun 12, 2015, 12:27:25 AM
It is not an issue with pvp in poe but the way they added pvp into this league was just badly thought, it is ok to lose experience on pvp death, buy why making people loot your gear and allow higher lvl to fight lower lvl.

What is the point to play a game where you spend your whole time farming if some randome asshole with 10-15 lvl higher than you can kill you and take all your gear.

Sometimes you need to think more than two mn before making league rules, the only way that this league would have worked is if they added some experience cap and limit to zone that you could only deblock via killing players.
Basically if your lvl 5 at mud flats you can't increase exp and need to kill one player to gain exp again and process next area, maybe make some pvp area between pve. But when you process next area and gain exp again you can't go on lower area to pvp.

Last edited by EzBreesy on Jun 12, 2015, 12:53:44 AM
I havent been in the cut throat league, not my idea of fun tbh, I have quake, I have battlefield, I have counterstrike, actual pvp games that require pvp skills, what would i want to pvp in an arpg for?

So I couldnt tell you about population there, but last time I went into beta there was no one in my guild or even my friends list online. In the main realm theres virtually no one on my friends online. 3 weeks ago I was getting a fair amount of trade whispers. Over the last 2 weeks its been dropping off, the last maybe 2 or 3 days have seen a rapid plummet to the point where Im getting maybe 5 tells a day, thats with my game open on my second pc while I work 14+ hours a day on my main pc. 2 or 3 weeks ago I was getting that many trades coming in per hour.

The game is basically dead right now while it waits for act4 to land. They should have run another main league when torment/bloodlines ended, this whole nonsense has gone on far too long and all we have is a long wait for an act4 that has been spoilered, cockblocked and buzzkilled to death before its even gone live while we sit and watch horrific change after horrific change unfolding leaving me personally not sure if I wish act4 would just get here already or if I wish it would disappear and never be put in the game. At this moment in time there are 0 people online on my friends list, thats a very, very rare thing. If no ones sticking around to play the main game right now then I cant picture cut throat being any different.
"
Wizardhawk wrote:

^THIS

Also, make it harder for the pussies running in teams by not being able to see names/pick instances and gang solo players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info