What would you try ?

Hi everyone !

Here's my situation. There is one month left, at least, until The Awakening comes out. I'm bored to death of everygame (doing daily and stuff). And so i'll most certainly create a new character (standard SC).

I've already tried :
- Spectral throw crit ele
- Incinerate
- Kinetic blaster CoC build (a fail, toughness problem)
- Tornado shot
- Lightning strike (fail, dps problem this time if i'm not mistaken)
- Cyclone discharger (abandon him midway, dunno why)
All life based, no low life.

I just want to enjoy a fun build or something that needs to be tested before 2.0 starts.

I have 10-15 Ex budget, what build/skill would you suggest ?

PS: I already hate you if you suggest flameblast, otherwise thanks for your suggestion !
PS2: I play full solo, and i'm not against trying again one of my fail if you have a good guide in mind.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
I'd make a go at Lightning Strike, but try a crit dagger variant.

A quality Lightning Strike and the pierce nodes will give you 100% piercing. And that's in close proximity to crit nodes.

It may be a bit squishy but dps should not be an issue once you get the critball rolling.

Yes, yes, I know, you don't want to do over a previous build. But this may be different enough and there's probably a guide somewhere. I cannot see how it can fail to get dps, which was your stated issue with it.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Jun 6, 2015, 8:02:13 PM
Thanks for your answer.

I'll try to find something like that on the forum, it should not be that hard.

I don't know why i didn't have enough dps (maybe cuz i was poor). I had a hard time cleaning the docks etc so it wasn't my imagination. Anyway, i'll create a new one if nobody has a "better" idea.
Well there's a couple of things to consider with your choice, namely there are a number of current mechanics that are about to be significantly altered with the 2.0 release so this is your last opportunity to try them out.

So any character that relies upon the CWDT, EC, IC, Increased Duration set will need to change post 2.0. Then there's EB which will also have a huge change, plus anything that shotguns.

I started the 1MSC with my standard Arc Witch but quickly changed around to Ice Spear, something I hadn't played before. I based my character loosely on this build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1141071 As I play mostly solo I need to consider survivability of being the only target, so my standard play style is to use an Arc spell totem.

I also varied my build by matching Ice Spear with Elemental Proliferation and mostly played with it in a three link wand with +2 Cold Skills till I bought my Doryani's Catalyst. There's nothing expensive you need for the build and I love being able to freeze almost everything on the screen, it really adds to the survivability for a solo player. I didn't add GMP till quite late in the build but once you do that's when it really begins to shine :)
I was curious to know if Ball Lightning with Slow Projectiles and either cold damage crits or normal crits with Three Dragtons made it so that you perma froze them for its duration because of the micro freezes and if, secondarily, adding knockback gave you enough crowd control to tackle almost any size pack.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
That's some interesting ideas.

I really like the animation of ice spear. I'll browse the forum to find different ice spear build.

I only played with this skill at low level with very limited gear, and i found it a little bit "clunky". I guess with enough casting speed, the gameplay becomes "smoother".

Did you just use your spell totem to add an extra target ?

@TheMaker51 Does it involved an hit n run gameplay ?
"
Faltry wrote:

@TheMaker51 Does it involved an hit n run gameplay ?

I just had it pop into my mind, I haven't thought it through very much to be honest.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
You can try a posion arrow trapper, is a powerful build and you dont need super gear to do good with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info