Binding attacks

I have two weapons, both socketed with attack skills, both equipped. With one weapon, i can use the skill no problem. But when I switch, I cannot use the skill on it, just a normal attack. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to bind attack skills to the right mouse button. The UI is NOT intuitive with respect to binding.
Some skills require a certain type of weapon. Which skill(s) are you using? Also, if the weapon isn't "active" - not visible on the character panel - it will not be usable. A third reason could be you've lost some base stat - int/dex/strength - that is required for the leveled skill gem. Yet, another reason. You've lost base stat requirement for the weapon. If it's an issue with stats, look for red text on the item that the skill is in or the skill itself.

In the game UI;
Click the lower right corner icon that you want to bind a skill to.
Select the skill you want binded.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
No nothing has happened to make me lose access to any skills.

I have a bow with two skill gems socketed. When I use that bow, I want to be able to easily switch between the two skills. I want to set a unique hotkey for each skill, then press the hotkey for the skill I want to use, then use the the right mouse button to execute that skill. Is that not possible?

Please don't tell me I have to use a different bow for every different skill. It that's the case then I have a problem with this game. Ugh.
You cant swap the skill on a hotkey by pressing another button, sorry about that :S

You can remap the hotkeys themselves, but if you want to change the skill you have to click
You can easily use two skills but not on the same button. Just set one on rmb and the other on middle mouse button or keyboard button. For example my melee marauder has static strike on lmb, leap slap on mmb, and cyclone on rmb. Then I have auras / situational skills on keyboard buttons. So if not for my flasks I could play just with my mouse. The only other option would be to have your skills in two separate bows, then hit weapon swap (x button?), which will change the hotkeys to how they were laid out for that weapon. However I would not recommend you to do that, it would be better to just get used to using the keyboard for some skills, or just get used to swapping the rmb on the fly.

Edit: On second thought it probably would be fairly easy to make an ahk script to switch between rmb skills.
Last edited by Kaicimo on Jun 6, 2015, 2:00:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info