How all uniques might be made more useful >

Copy/paste from post I originally made comment on, regarding the new low level uniques and how some complained about how useless they would be to find at higher levels.

"
Suggestion for GGG:
What if every unique was tied to a specific drop table limited mainly/especially by level? For example if a level 20 unique only drops in level 17-23 areas, and so on. I imagine this would lead to much less frustration for both higher and lower level characters, since they'd be more likely to find drops that are relevant to their progression. To help compensate for the resultant limiting of uniques that could drop, the overall frequency of uniques dropping could also be increased for every area. This might also lead to high level chars farming some lower level areas as they may want to build around a certain item, accomplishing the same goal as GGG stated for their Divination cards: that is, to encourage people to farm certain areas in order to find specific items. You could solve a ton of problems people have looking for uniques to enable builds, and for especially powerful ones, their scarcity could be still be regulated even if overall unique drops were to be increased for each area level.
"

What do people think? This seems like a no-brainer to me but doubtless there are things I have missed here.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think it's fine the way it is. Your suggestion seems to assume that a player has one character and everything that drops should be something for that character to use. But most of what I find I use when I make my second and third characters. Finding a leveling 1 hand weapon when you use a bow is just as useless to that character as finding that 1 hand weapon when you're too high of a level for it to be useful to you.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
By the same logic, you should make high level items stop rolling low level mods.
With less crap mods cluttering up the mod pool, you've got a much higher chance of rolling the rare you want, it's genius!

Sorry, but I disagree. Somebody who wants a specific low level unique already has the option of farming a low level area to maximize their chances, and finding bad items is a part of the overall experience imo.

Additionally, I imagine that rebalancing the rarity of uniques with a maximum drop level would be very time consuming.
On the first day of gaming, RNG brought for me: one Flame Hellion of Frost on The Rocky Climb.
I do agree to an extent however you are forgetting Ilvl matters for sockets and links, there for it wont work optimally with some items. But you are right. RNG=RNG I am sick of finding low level uniques in high level end game maps most of which get vendored anyways. I would not be opposed of limiting low level uniques to act 3-4 cruel say item level 50 and below.

Afterwards 51-80 Level and Ilevel uniques drop in merciless or above. It would be a pain in the ass to generate such a loot table and drop restriction, but at least the RNG would be more appropriate to the difficulty.

The OP's logic has nothing to do with drop restriction on crafting tiers, slightly out of context. What he is posting is more of a difficulty appropriate drop for uniques based on its spawned level. I don't think the unique chance should be increased what so ever.

Personally i would rather see a two tier system go with a lower global spawn rate on unique generation. Tier 2 uniques lvl 1-45 Tier 1 lvl 46-80. How many times do i have to keep selling the same stuff over and over again in my mapping adventures.
I actually like finding lower level and common uniques when mapping. It's nice to have at least one of each when you're big on making alts, and any extras mean you have copies to vaal orb.

If they were to remove these from the drop tables they wouldn't be increasing the drop rates of valuable items from all higher level areas, as that would negatively impact their value. You'd just be getting an occassional extra non-unique item instead... which I see no reason why someone would want that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info