I need a life building a duelist low 5L, someone help?

I need a life building a duelist low 5L, someone help? It is for high maps :), that use gems to be almost untouchable shield with a 5L and passive ty

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6HGe3ykE7S1-toTy-wIbcQ

Hello!

I'm hellcat5 of Hellcat5 Gaming. I'm interested to help you with the build you want to create, but first I must ask a few questions. Do you mean that you want to create a low life duelist that uses a 5L? or are you looking for a low cost 5L and you want the duelist to be life based? When you say, "and passive" do you mean you would like help with the passive tree?

From looking over the build tree for your character named "Djmiximo" (that's a great character modeling tool if you're referring to Miximo) Then I can see that you want low life duelist. I'm not sure if you mean you want Energy shield or a shield armor piece. I'm going to presume both with the passive tree I present to you.

Essential Stats:

Weapon Stats:
accuracy: 20% increase (add in bonus from dex)
attack time: 50% increase
damage: 184% increase (with STR bonus)

Defense Stats:

7 % additional Chance to Block Spells with Shields
9 % additional Chance to Block with Shields
120 % increased Block Recovery
130 % increased Defences from equipped Shield
40 % increased Energy Shield from equipped Shield
54 % increased Evasion Rating
108 % increased Evasion Rating and Armour
6 % increased Movement Speed
172 % increased maximum Energy Shield
33 % increased maximum Life
1 % of Life Regenerated per Second
8 + Mana gained when you Block
50 + to Evasion Rating
40 + to maximum Energy Shield
14 + to maximum Life
22 +% to all Elemental Resistances
1 +% to maximum Lightning Resistance
0 Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour

I must first define for you a phrase I use. "Damage pool" means the pool of either life or energy shield available to receive damage.

If you go with a shield that has Energy Shield on it, such as a kite shield variant, then you can have up to 342% energy shield added from the shield, and 170% from other gear. If the shield has 100 energy shield, that turns into 342. If your armor has 500, then you have 850 energy shield from the armor. from armor and shield, you receive a total of 1192 damage pool.

Ideally, you want to target around 1000 damage pool for level 30, then by level 50 around 2000, then 65 around 3000 to 3500, and by 70-75 4000 4500. After level 80, get to 5000 as quickly as you can. You must upgrade your gear to move into the desired damage pool numbers.

To note, if you calculate the total damage increase with the attack speed increase, you're looking at a total damage increase of 276%.

If you go with a kite shield, then you receive a huge bonus to elemental resistances. If your shield has the 12% elemental resistances, that 12% turns into 27.6 elemental res, bringing the total elemental res from the tree to 49.6% (I presume the formulas in game round up, so 50% with just the shield) This opens up many gearing avenues.

The key for this build to work, of course, is obtaining gear that compliments the build tree.

Now, to comment on suggested defensive gem setup. I must first define "damage mitigation". To mitigate means : to make (something) less severe, harmful, or painful. I suggest using one or of the following damage mitigation methods:

1. manual cast [immortal call] linked with [increased duration] combined with [enduring cry] and [spell echo]. This enables you to receive about 5 seconds at max levels of immunity toward physical damage. This isn't a long period of time, but it should be enough to get you through times when you receive a huge amount of physical damage.

2. [cast when damage taken] linked with [molten shell] and [decoy totem] and [increased duration]. This takes the focus off your character temporarily so you can thin down the herd a bit, and gives you some extra armor to defend against the physical attacks you're receiving.

3. [curse on hit] linked with [herald of thunder] linked with [enfeeble] and either [blind] or [chance to flee]. This combination further lowers the damage you receive aiding in the ability to survive. With [blind], this effects the physical damage attacks from archers and melee attackers. [blind] does not, however, help to mitigate damage from ranged casters. chance to flee helps mitigate damage from all sources because it interrupts the monster casting. Also, you can consider using [stun] with [herald of thunder] to interrupt casters and melee attackers.

I suggest using [Herald of ice], [herald of thunder], [herald of ash], and either [determination] or [hatred] as you can manage from the reduced mana nodes in the tree and from the [reduced mana] gem. Note: in "Path of Exile Awakening" they've greatly changed how auras work, so you might not have the same amount of auras then after the release. However, I'm sure this build concept applied to the new tree after release will generate a viable character.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Low Life / Energy Shield / Shield bearing Melee Duelist -
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR0V7JkrvYHKkITZL8zBgmLsTUa9Nkd-vqdlTSzpytMZtCpNFSCsR31bykpRTIMJb560DEZxDXzqukmx18_5N--Ikycc3G0ZIvRsCw2Npys1uRFQS64bJdlb6QLfvoXFQktMsy0fHU89X1JTl5XbXlAwNsUfAgQH4vcBb4t6w21ca4RIX2rb50cG8uFjQw5IEZZ_xlO7v9VDMbZBapMyTo-ZBIfAv0CgIWCwc0SerK8bl6mVDPdKyD8nMglybGxGqW618m6qGo_22vsJGYqbtcM6cLvsGMHFHarhiA==
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Last edited by Hellcat5 on May 30, 2015, 12:34:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info